Becton Bust status from you, the fans

Is Mekhi Becton already a bust?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Do you already view Mekhi Becton as a bust?

• Yes..we've seen enough
    • No...too early to say

So if the 2022 locker room was filled with leaders/good in front of the camera guys like Woody, Mangold,  etc., would the "Becton is a bust" meme even be a thing?  Feels like Becton is on his own way too much for a young guy...

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

I think he will wind up washing out, but I TRULY hope he makes all the Becton ball busters eat their words.  If he kills it the first part of the season, I gonna do penance by ordering a custom Becton jersey.

No worries.  Your money is safe*.  

*Or else, I'm going to do the biggest eat crow thread on the planet.  lol

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

It’s just rare that you get to recognize the exact hinge point in real time!

I'm just in awe how you took my non-serious, tongue-in-cheek post, seemingly agreed with it, and used it as a jumping off point like it was some profound take.

59 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

He had a good rookie year and played a fraction of one game in year 2. 

I don't see how any one could possibly argue that he is a bust, right now

He certainly has the potential to bust in the future. 

All of the above is true, it's just the accumulation of individual circumstances related to his status has the combined affect of leaving an unbiased observer as skeptical as to whether he has the heart to deal with all the crap comes with the high expectations of being a high draft pick / a professional football player.

Changing his twitter name to Big Bust77 for a few weeks is humorous, but  keeping that handle, skipping optional mini camp, the weight reports, missing so much football to injury, taking himself out of at least one game that I remember... it's not the stuff that hope is made of.

• Upvote 1

we keep giving asking for guys like Mims to get another chance when he has blown opportunity after opportunity, meanwhile Bechton has literally not been bad in almost any game that matters...and fans hate him. yeah he was being abused by Lawson in camp...so what? he looked ok in the game until waste of space GVR got pushed into his leg.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, k-met57 said:

we keep giving asking for guys like Mims to get another chance when he has blown opportunity after opportunity, meanwhile Bechton has literally not been bad in almost any game that matters...and fans hate him. yeah he was being abused by Lawson in camp...so what? he looked ok in the game until waste of space GVR got pushed into his leg.

@32EBoozer

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Are you trying to endear yourself to the Becton haters?

Nope.  Trying to figure out if the Becton hate is from a very vocal minority or if the majority of Jets fans have indeed written him off.

Seems is the former which is what I suspected.

4 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Nope.  Trying to figure out if the Becton hate is from a very vocal minority or if the majority of Jets fans have indeed written him off.

Seems is the former which is what I suspected.

Really? You needed a poll to figure this out? Anything negative that is based outlying on opinion  which all the Becton stuff is based on is always going to be by smallish groups. Once Becton hits the field,  if he plays well, these groups will disappear,  and if he plays poorly, they will grow in numbers. It's  how the internet  has always been since message boards were invented by AOL. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Really? You needed a poll to figure this out? Anything negative that is based outlying on opinion  which all the Becton stuff is based on is always going to be by smallish groups. Once Becton hits the field,  if he plays well, these groups will disappear,  and if he plays poorly, they will grow in numbers. It's  how the internet  has always been since message boards were invented by AOL. 

I'm going to discuss it on a JN pod and wanted an actual poll to reference rather than use an assumption.

What this poll shows is that whiney, constanty complaining about anything and everything minority of 10% here are way louder than the 90% majority. 

If that's not an obvious sign for them to kind of lean towards 'STFU already' status, then they will never get it.

• Upvote 4

40 minutes ago, Dcat said:

What this poll shows is that whiney, constanty complaining about anything and everything minority of 10% here are way louder than the 90% majority. 

If that's not an obvious sign for them to kind of lean towards 'STFU already' status, then they will never get it.

Name one time a 90% majority of Jets fans has ever been right about anything.

1 minute ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

Name one time a 90% majority of Jets fans has ever been right about anything.

• Rick Kotite is awful
  • Jim Idzik is awful
  • Mike Maccagnan is awful
  • Adam Gase is awful
  • Bill Belichick is a sumbag