Kaepernick to workout for the Raiders

7 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Breaking news:

Man who compared the NFL to the slave trade is now trying out for the opportunity to participate in said slave trade…

I didn’t know Kaepernick was trying for NFL combine. 

• Sympathy 2

2 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

It gets him back into the league and possibly an opportunity. There is no ulterior motive. He wants a job.

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

he doesnt need a job, he is loaded. he needs to start. to play football. and he will get none of that with Vegas. sitting on the bench all year is not the opportunity he is looking for. so whats the point.

it figures little joshy would give this clown a tryout.  joshy was the moron who drafted tebow for denver and then went on the illegally film other team practices.  i doubt if kapernick even stiffs the back up job but it's little joshy so we'll see.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 5
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Id bet he feels if he signs with the Raiders and it goes over without a hitch that would open the doors to other teams brining him in, possibly someone who needs a starter or who's starter isnt set.  Right now he has to take whatever is out there and its a start 

BINGO

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, slats said:

If you guys can’t keep the hot talking points out of this thread, the lock will come quickly. 

Hurry before @The Crusher beats you to it!

Do you guys keep scores or PFF of banned users/closed topics? Sort of like this...

I wonder which mod leads the way...I am positive that the Crusher is the G.O.A.T.

6 hours ago, doitny said:

he doesnt need a job, he is loaded. he needs to start. to play football. and he will get none of that with Vegas. sitting on the bench all year is not the opportunity he is looking for. so whats the point.

He needs an opportunity to show what he can do in Pre-Season. That's what he's getting. Other teams will be watching those games too and injuries unfortunately happen. If you haven't watched it, you should check out the documentary series on Netflix about Kaep. It's well done and only 4 episodes I believe, could be 5. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

9 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

It gets him back into the league and possibly an opportunity. There is no ulterior motive. He wants a job.

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

He wants a job from the league he got a massive law suit settlement from...….

25 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

@Maxman has his proprietary system. We get bonuses based on the whining and tears of certain posters with Double stuffed Oreos and Slim Jim’s. 

Crusher was the laziest mod right up until Max came up with these incentives. Now he’s top dog. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Smart move by all I think.

There would be no real pressure on him, if his legs are still there then he could be a great gadget player and a solid backup. Carr is established enough not to be bothered by the media he'd bring so it's not a Sanchez/Tebow situation. I hope it works out for him. 

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

Raiders and Davis trying to accomplish two things with this strategic marketing ploy. 

1.  Prove that they still don't care if the masses or the league object to the controversial moves they make. 

2.  Davis is making good use of a media-made character to exercise the ghost of Chucky.

But... These Raiders are a cheap imitation of the historic Raiders in every respect.

My statement here has zero bearing on CK's politics and everything to do with his game on the field.  Even before the politics entered the CK story, his game was full of holes.  Now that he has been out of the game for years, he is twice as useless on the field. 

This is marketing and politics.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

20 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Smart move by all I think.

There would be no real pressure on him, if his legs are still there then he could be a great gadget player and a solid backup. Carr is established enough not to be bothered by the media he'd bring so it's not a Sanchez/Tebow situation. I hope it works out for him. 

If he does get on the field, then the first time Joey Bosa crushes him into the turf is going to be an interested moment.

7 hours ago, doitny said:

You think he has options?

The point is he wants to play football.  Even getting in a camp would be a huge win for him.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

You think he has options?

The point is he wants to play football.  Even getting in a camp would be a huge win for him.

He was offered to play for the alternate leagues and turned them down. Does that show that he really wanted to play?

56 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

He was offered to play for the alternate leagues and turned them down. Does that show that he really wanted to play?

You mean some WWE wannabe offered him a job for some pub?  If I were his agent I'd keep trying the NFL.  He's had a few workouts.  Not many guys come back from playing in those leagues.  Kurt Warner's trajectory is not something to follow.

• Upvote 2