Jump to content

Kaepernick to workout for the Raiders


Bronx
 Share

Recommended Posts

Not sure if he wanted to visit the Jets but it probably wouldn't matter anyway because I'm pretty sure Saleh doesn't believe in his players working out this far prior to the start of the season.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whatever, he's not going to make it other than as a marketing gimmick. Then when he's cut you know what's coming. He was offered at least one position previously with the Ravens, and declined it prior to his hiatus because he had more money lined up as a corporate PC shill which also required far less effort on his part than trying to win an NFL starting job.

200.gif

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, doitny said:

this is strange. he has no chance of beating out Carr and Carr has missed only 2 games in 8 years. i dont see how sitting on the bench helps him. i hope he isnt going to try something funny.

Platform and paycheck.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good for him. I hope it works out.

If I remember correctly, he held a private skills session a few years ago that a number of teams attended.  It ended with no contract.  Hopefully he has something left in the tank.  Six years away from the NFL is an eternity.

  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Bronx said:

Is this your best comeback child?

You're the guy who literally just made a post about a mass shooting. And that post will be allowed to stay up because of course it will.  **** outta here. 

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

He's def better than many of the backups or 3s in the NFL and with the number of injuries could get a chance to play if Carr gets injured. I hope he gets signed and they give him a real chance to make the team. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, BurntDice said:

He was offered to play for the alternate leagues and turned them down. Does that show that he really wanted to play?

 

8 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

You mean some WWE wannabe offered him a job for some pub?  If I were his agent I'd keep trying the NFL.  He's had a few workouts.  Not many guys come back from playing in those leagues.  Kurt Warner's trajectory is not something to follow.

Nah. The Broncos offered him a deal after his last year in SF. Instead of taking   that he ran the whole “sue the league” after no other team offers. call the draft process and owners racists. And uses each off-season as a money grab. 
 

don’t care about him or news around him. Waste of time

only reason Colin isn’t in the nfl is because of Colin and his decisions

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Stark said:

 

Nah. The Broncos offered him a deal after his last year in SF. Instead of taking   that he ran the whole “sue the league” after no other team offers. call the draft process and owners racists. And uses each off-season as a money grab. 
 

don’t care about him or news around him. Waste of time

only reason Colin isn’t in the nfl is because of Colin and his decisions

It worked out for him. Didn’t he make a boatload of money from Nike?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Raiders and Davis trying to accomplish two things with this strategic marketing ploy. 

1.  Prove that they still don't care if the masses or the league object to the controversial moves they make. 

2.  Davis is making good use of a media-made character to exercise the ghost of Chucky.

But... These Raiders are a cheap imitation of the historic Raiders in every respect.

My statement here has zero bearing on CK's politics and everything to do with his game on the field.  Even before the politics entered the CK story, his game was full of holes.  Now that he has been out of the game for years, he is twice as useless on the field. 

This is marketing and politics.  

 

No this was clearly Mark Davis wanting this to happen ( he called this one) and the guys heading up the football team ( Josh McDaniel , and Ziegler ) want no part of Crapernick .   The Raiders aren’t signing this bum , ( football guys don’t want him but had to give him a workout- owner )   They eventually make the call on football decisions , and he won’t be  playing for the Raiders anytime soon.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/26/2022 at 3:15 AM, doitny said:

he doesnt need a job, he is loaded. he needs to start. to play football. and he will get none of that with Vegas. sitting on the bench all year is not the opportunity he is looking for. so whats the point.

You’re wrong; he has already stated he was willing to be a backup. They are saying the workout went well; which validates the workout he had @ UMich at their spring game. The interest is real; The second, third and fourth string QBs on LV have a combined 687 yards passing in their careers; if Carr gets hurt, having to play the backups they currently have would be cashing 8n their chips. 

Even if LV doesn’t sign him, there remain a number of teams who can’t be satisfied with their QB room…CAR, SEA, DET, CHI, PIT, NE off the top of my head…throw the NYG and PHI in there too…that’s a quarter of the league that gets better immediately with him and I’m not talking about his becoming the starter…

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, RoadFan said:

Nathan Peterman is still on an NFL roster…

 

And Mike Glennon and a whole host of horrible backup QBs who can’t carry Kaepernick’s jock that keep showing up on rosters despite their sorry career numbers. The offensive centerpiece of offenses league wide is a heavy dose of RPO plays; when Tim Tebow was the face of RPO, it was dismissed as a college gimmick because Tebow played it as just run. Jim Harbaugh ran RPOs with Kaepernick in SF and they got to the Super Bowl. They showed that the plays were viable as part of a real NFL offense and now the concept is ubiquitous.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pretty good backup QB in the right situation.   Great athlete, rocket arm, elusive.  Has playoff experience with a winning record.  This is not Tim Tebow.  He has NFL talent as a QB.  If the Raiders sign him they will find ways to get him some reps.  Carr is a really good QB.  Kap could be a good change of pace and if Carr goes down he can win games.  He's 34 with low mileage.   Probably need to put him in a vat of WD-40 for a few days and see if he can still move.  

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Awesumtenor said:

And Mike Glennon and a whole host of horrible backup QBs who can’t carry Kaepernick’s jock that keep showing up on rosters despite their sorry career numbers. The offensive centerpiece of offenses league wide is a heavy dose of RPO plays; when Tim Tebow was the face of RPO, it was dismissed as a college gimmick because Tebow played it as just run. Jim Harbaugh ran RPOs with Kaepernick in SF and they got to the Super Bowl. They showed that the plays were viable as part of a real NFL offense and now the concept is ubiquitous.

Kaepernick had NFL talent as a passer,  Tebow didn't.  Big difference.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Stark said:

 

Nah. The Broncos offered him a deal after his last year in SF. Instead of taking   that he ran the whole “sue the league” after no other team offers. call the draft process and owners racists. And uses each off-season as a money grab. 
 

don’t care about him or news around him. Waste of time

only reason Colin isn’t in the nfl is because of Colin and his decisions

That’s not what happened.

Kaepernick would’ve at least been the best back up in the NFL for a few seasons and he still might be. There was value in the guy as a player.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Stark said:

 

Nah. The Broncos offered him a deal after his last year in SF. Instead of taking   that he ran the whole “sue the league” after no other team offers. call the draft process and owners racists. And uses each off-season as a money grab. 
 

don’t care about him or news around him. Waste of time

only reason Colin isn’t in the nfl is because of Colin and his decisions

Denver offered him a deal and wanted the 49ers to pay the balance of his salary.  They refused.   Elway lied about it and said Kaep refused to take the deal.   

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Raiders and Davis trying to accomplish two things with this strategic marketing ploy. 

1.  Prove that they still don't care if the masses or the league object to the controversial moves they make. 

2.  Davis is making good use of a media-made character to exercise the ghost of Chucky.

But... These Raiders are a cheap imitation of the historic Raiders in every respect.

My statement here has zero bearing on CK's politics and everything to do with his game on the field.  Even before the politics entered the CK story, his game was full of holes.  Now that he has been out of the game for years, he is twice as useless on the field. 

This is marketing and politics.  

 

He was definitely better than many backups in the league. It’s been a long time, though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, DonCorleone said:

I don't either. Unless they are shoved in my face when I am trying to watch a game.

So if he kneels, that’s too much for you?  Or wears stupid socks?  Dopey as it might be, that’s his business, as far as I’m concerned. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • slats locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...