Kaepernick to workout for the Raiders

On 5/28/2022 at 6:08 PM, Cornfed said:

It would be great if he either made the team and we could see if he can still play and at what level. Or, if he doesn’t and we can collectively put the discussion behind us while Kap continues to build his successful media business.

I think we are finally done with the “Tebow should get another shot” discussion after last season’s signing. I feel like we’re all done with Antonio brown (can still play, but not worth the headache). Would be nice to see where Kap sits on the spectrum.

Fwiw, to me, it’s no longer that interesting of a question. So much time has elapsed. I think if he wanted to play and still had it, something would have happened by now. But who knows.

McDaniels won’t comment on his workout:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33988929/josh-mcdaniels-colin-kaepernick-workout-derek-carr-knows-las-vegas-raiders-team%3Fplatform%3Damp

This one says it was positive but not many details:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33992256/source-colin-kaepernick-workout-las-vegas-raiders-positive-no-deal-imminent%3Fplatform%3Damp

The other difference was Tebow signed for a 1 year, 1 million dollar contract.   Kap is better than many 3rd string QBs, but would he play for a 1 year prove it type deal?

People forget. He opted out of his 49er contract.

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, chirorob said:

The other difference was Tebow signed for a 1 year, 1 million dollar contract.   Kap is better than many 3rd string QBs, but would he play for a 1 year prove it type deal?

People forget. He opted out of his 49er contract.

I think he opted out of his 49ers contract for financial reasons there might have been other issues he had with the org. Harbaugh also had problems with the FO. So it was his right if he didn’t want to play with the Niners. But that doesn’t mean he didn’t want to sign with another team. Or should be out of the NFL for 6 years with zero opportunity. It’s pretty obvious he didn’t get any offers because of the kneeling. 

Just now, Rangers9 said:

I think he opted out of his 49ers contract for financial reasons there might have been other issues he had with the org. Harbaugh also had problems with the FO. So it was his right if he didn’t want to play with the Niners. But that doesn’t mean he didn’t want to sign with another team. Or should be out of the NFL for 6 years with zero opportunity. It’s pretty obvious he didn’t get any offers because of the kneeling. 

I dont know his entire situation.  I thought he had a job with the Ravens until his girlfriend spouted off.

He may have had other opportunities if he had been willing to play for less money for a season to prove his talent, other players have done that.

Also, if you want to call cops pigs, that is your right.  It is then someone else's right not to want to hire you.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, chirorob said:

I dont know his entire situation.  I thought he had a job with the Ravens until his girlfriend spouted off.

He may have had other opportunities if he had been willing to play for less money for a season to prove his talent, other players have done that.

Also, if you want to call cops pigs, that is your right.  It is then someone else's right not to want to hire you.

I looked it up about Kap calling cops pigs. He didn’t actually call cops pigs he wore a pair of socks with cops as cartoon pigs. And here’s his explanation https://www.sfgate.com/49ers/amp/Kaepernick-explains-pig-socks-9198683.php IMO you don’t get blackballed for something that is free expression and he made it clear he wasn’t referring to all or most cops just the ones abusing citizens instead of protecting them. And that’s pretty well documented.  He said there were good cops and he was right. 

10 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I looked it up about Kap calling cops pigs. He didn’t actually call cops pigs he wore a pair of socks with cops as cartoon pigs. And here’s his explanation https://www.sfgate.com/49ers/amp/Kaepernick-explains-pig-socks-9198683.php IMO you don’t get blackballed for something that is free expression and he made it clear he wasn’t referring to all or most cops just the ones abusing citizens instead of protecting them. And that’s pretty well documented.  He said there were good cops and he was right. 

I'm sure those "good cops" appreciate kap for not thinking  every cop is a racist trying to slaughter innocent people. Very bold take. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I'm sure those "good cops" appreciate kap for not thinking  every cop is a racist trying to slaughter innocent people. Very bold take. 

I believe good cops can’t stand the bad cops either. 

• Upvote 2