Damn Ray Liotta Died!

RIP … was the perfect guy to play Henry Hill. His career never seemed to take off after Goodfellas, and unfortunately one of his final performances was that terrible Sopranos movie 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, section314 said:

“Ty Cobb wanted to play, but none of us could stand the son of a bitch while he was alive so we told him to stick it.” RIP Shoeless Joe.😩⚾

Loved his performance in Field of Dreams, even though Shoeless Joe was a left-handed hitter and a poorly educated illiterate.  Maybe in heaven Shoeless Joe becomes a wise, intelligent righty?  lol.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Loved his performance in Field of Dreams, even though Shoeless Joe was a left-handed hitter and a poorly educated illiterate.  Maybe in heaven Shoeless Joe becomes a wise, intelligent righty?  lol.  

Should have cast Roy Hobbs, I mean Robert Redford.😁

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Life Lesson:  Many, if not most, of us never get that "retirement" we think we're gonna get age 65->

Take Away:  Don't wait, you got something you wanna do.  Do it.  Now.  While you can.

None of us have a guarantee for tomorrow.

1000%, best thing I did

welcome back buddy, hope your feeling better

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

RIP … was the perfect guy to play Henry Hill. His career never seemed to take off after Goodfellas, and unfortunately one of his final performances was that terrible Sopranos movie 

Huh? He won a prime time Emmy and starred in many major motion pictures after goodfellas. 

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Huh? He won a prime time Emmy and starred in many major motion pictures after goodfellas. 

Yeah he was in a bunch of movies but never became that A list actor many were expecting after Goodfellas came out 

Goodfellas is my favorite movie of all time.  Ray was very good, not as good as Deniro or Pesci but he was the main character in an epic movie.

He didn't look healthy in the Many Saints of Newark, I felt at the time that his performance seemed affected by it. 

RIP Ray.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Life Lesson:  Many, if not most, of us never get that "retirement" we think we're gonna get age 65->

Take Away:  Don't wait, you got something you wanna do.  Do it.  Now.  While you can.

None of us have a guarantee for tomorrow.

while i agree with your last sentence the first one is just not true.

the average life span of a 65 year old male is now 18 years.

problem with averages is that it's just averages.

• Upvote 1