2 defensive coaches opinion on Zach

5 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Zach needs to settle down a bit. Arm talent for days but misses the easy ones. Just relax, set your feet, make the easy ones. Then he can do all the off platform magic when he needs to improvise. 

Calm Down Saturday Night Live GIF by Seeso

Zack can do this. He has all camp to work on being able to Simmah down.

19 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Nothing I read there seems inaccurate or unfair.

We'll see if it changes in the Fall.  That's the question that matters now.  Has Zach materially improved, or not.

If he has, we're fine.  If he hasn't, we're boned.  

Simple as that really.

Every off-season, fans are awash in media fluff pieces.  Everything is roses.  We'll see.  

Right now, I haven't liked very much from Wilson's rookie season.  He'll need to improve a bunch for me to get on the bandwagon.  Could it happen?  Sure.  Do I believe it will happen?  No.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Every off-season, fans are awash in media fluff pieces.  Everything is roses.  We'll see.  

Right now, I haven't liked very much from Wilson's rookie season.  He'll need to improve a bunch for me to get on the bandwagon.  Could it happen?  Sure.  Do I believe it will happen?  No.

Either that or he gets a smoke show of a dime piece on his arm and suddenly you develop an unconditional patience seen mostly in mothers of a newborn baby. Just a hunch.

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is in line with what every serious analyst has been saying about Wilson this offseason—nice arm, but everything else is yikes. 

They also say this

2nd coach adds, "the added weapons should help. He was throwing to some JAGs a yr ago. I'd be surprised if he doesn't look better this year." What's his ceiling? "Too early to tell. They were really bad last year, and he was bad with 'em. That part makes it an unfair evaluation."

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Pretty fair if you ask me. Also consistent to other analyst who are trying to be objective.

The optimist in me says:

1) Zach has shown the ability to make the layups. He did that in college and in preseason. If y’all recall, part of the criticism on Zach in preseason was that he only took the easy throws and did not make that wow throws.

2) We have two WRs now that can potentially beat man coverage and are good yac guys.

The only surprising thing was the Becton comment. We need him back for sure. Just surprised he said it needs to he at LT.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Kinda funny they dont think much of Fant at all. Jets fan wanna make him out to be a all pro.

I think this is very fair analysis.  Pretty much exactly how I currently feel about Zach.  This will be an exciting year from the perspective that we as fans will be able to evaluate Zach much more fairly than in the past, and we will be able to determine if Zach is the long term answer at quarterback.  

• Upvote 3

honestly, I don't want to hear from DEFENSIVE coaches. This is the same stuff most fans have been talking about ad nauseum. 

I actually don't agree with the 'Zach should throw off-platform more' comment. While he has the arm strength to throw off-balance, he is much more accurate when he sets his feet and steps into his throw. Duh! You give Zach a pocket and the WR does not need a lot of separation, he will squeeze get it in there. And he's not Lamar Jackson. You want him to run selectively- then SLIDE. In fact, I thought early on in the season he bailed out of the pocket way too early.  

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Snook said:

They also say this

2nd coach adds, "the added weapons should help. He was throwing to some JAGs a yr ago. I'd be surprised if he doesn't look better this year." What's his ceiling? "Too early to tell. They were really bad last year, and he was bad with 'em. That part makes it an unfair evaluation."

Giardi mainly covers the Pats, who humiliated the Jets twice last season. I can see why their defensive coaches wouldn’t be impressed with us on either side of the ball. Mac Jones played the second game wearing a tuxedo against this defense.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

This is in line with what every serious analyst has been saying about Wilson this offseason—nice arm, but everything else is yikes. 

Could you remind me what everyone was saying about Josh Allen for nearly 3 years? 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Could you remind me what everyone was saying about Josh Allen for nearly 3 years? 

I’m not of the opinion that Zach will forever be bad! I’ve actually been surprised at how pessimistic NFL people are about him. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Zach needs to settle down a bit. Arm talent for days but misses the easy ones. Just relax, set your feet, make the easy ones. Then he can do all the off platform magic when he needs to improvise. 

It’s those Mackey yips isn’t it, that someone spoke of a couple of days back? 

31 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Giardi mainly covers the Pats, who humiliated the Jets twice last season. I can see why their defensive coaches wouldn’t be impressed with us on either side of the ball. Mac Jones played the second game wearing a tuxedo against this defense.

Pants suit. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

honestly, I don't want to hear from DEFENSIVE coaches. This is the same stuff most fans have been talking about ad nauseum. 

I actually don't agree with the 'Zach should throw off-platform more' comment. While he has the arm strength to throw off-balance, he is much more accurate when he sets his feet and steps into his throw. Duh! You give Zach a pocket and the WR does not need a lot of separation, he will squeeze get it in there. And he's not Lamar Jackson. You want him to run selectively- then SLIDE. In fact, I thought early on in the season he bailed out of the pocket way too early.  

I read this I heard Zach should throw off platform more vs. Zach should set his feet.  Make up your ******* minds. 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Mike White and Josh Johnson got to play with that All-Pro line and stud receiving corps, though. 

Why are you always trying to compare a 4th year vet with a rookie? Dude got exposed the more he played while the rookie played better 

• Upvote 2