2 defensive coaches opinion on Zach

Zach took too many sacks.  Nania has a good analysis.
A lot of sacks we’re on Zach holding the ball too long or not taking outlets.  We vilified GVR for suggesting it in public but it was a fact.
White, Flacco, and Josh Johnson didn’t take sacks anywhere close to the rate that Zach did.  
Zach was a rookie ... rookies take sacks .. simple as that. ... look at joe burrow.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

He was 7 of 11 for 95 yards and a TD. Left the game after that TD with three and a half minutes left in the first quarter. Saleh’s brilliant defensive scheme had already given up an easy six and a half minute scoring drive to Carson Wentz, Jonathan Taylor, and Nyheim Hynes. White was on pace for another 400 yard game. 

Mike White is on the team.  So in your head, you know that when the worst QB in football inevitably fails we have a future 400 yard per game career average Mike White to step in and lead this team to 12 superbowls.  Sounds like you should be the most optimistic fan on this forum.... but alas...  Buffalo.

18 hours ago, T0mShane said:

57.5% completion rate and a TD. The next week, Tampa yielded a 70% completion rate and two TDs to Sam Darnold. 

So I’m confused.  You didn’t want to draft him and made fun of him when the Jets selected him.

Then you say you think he ‘ll be a good QB and are surprised NFL experts don’t all agree.

Then you go out of you way to sh*t on his play discussing one of his better games.

For the record, what do you really think???   Star or bust?  You like him or hate him?

4 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

So I’m confused.  You didn’t want to draft him and made fun of him when the Jets selected him.

Then you say you think he ‘ll be a good QB and are surprised NFL experts don’t all agree.

Then you go out of you way to sh*t on his play discussing one of his better games.

For the record, what do you really think???   Star or bust?  You like him or hate him?

I have to assume he is always at least somewhat trolling.  I'm sure he isnt convinced Zach was a good pick, but definitely plays up the negativity because he enjoys the reactions he gets out of fans who arent consumed by negative emotions.

He doesnt want to give himself a glimmer of hope that way he can have positive feelings if the Jets dont do well because he can return here and gloat about his correct assertions that everything about the Jets except the HOF backup are garbage.  And if only we had listened to his negativity we could all be happy too about how right he was.

That's my 2 cents during my morning poo.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

Mike White is on the team.  So in your head, you know that when the worst QB in football inevitably fails we have a future 400 yard per game career average Mike White to step in and lead this team to 12 superbowls.  Sounds like you should be the most optimistic fan on this forum.... but alas...  Buffalo.

Zach Wilson should start over Mike White. I’ve never said otherwise 

Mike White = Poot Man's Tim Tebow ... unexplainable rabid following of the few. At least Tim had millions.

Not sure who's trolling who, but one thing I will say - Mike White and Josh Johnson running the offense really got me on the LaFleur train.  I thought that guy was total trash until what I saw the offense could be with decent QB play...

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

30 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

22 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

I have to assume he is always at least somewhat trolling.  I'm sure he isnt convinced Zach was a good pick, but definitely plays up the negativity because he enjoys the reactions he gets out of fans who arent consumed by negative emotions.

He doesnt want to give himself a glimmer of hope that way he can have positive feelings if the Jets dont do well because he can return here and gloat about his correct assertions that everything about the Jets except the HOF backup are garbage.  And if only we had listened to his negativity we could all be happy too about how right he was.

That's my 2 cents during my morning poo.

1.  Did not want the Jets to draft Zach Wilson. The Jets franchise is a QB meat grinder and Zach was (and is) a nice, young, sheltered lad from Utah whose favorite musical artist was, at the time, doing a press tour defending his use of the N-word. I felt it was a poor fit culturally, geographically, psychologically, and practically. Saleh, in all his wisdom, handed Zach Wilson the starting job immediately and followed that up by putting zero competition for him (in the way of a competent veteran) on the roster.

2. He was the worst starting QB in football last year, bar none, and the worst of the rookies.

3. That said, he’s here now and we all have to hope it gets better. Quickly.

Just now, T0mShane said:

Find that one right after you find the article about the players straining under the burden of Saleh’s training camp last year, Cap’n

Gutless as usual 

you didn’t “ put your name on it “?

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

He was 7 of 11 for 95 yards and a TD. Left the game after that TD with three and a half minutes left in the first quarter. Saleh’s brilliant defensive scheme had already given up an easy six and a half minute scoring drive to Carson Wentz, Jonathan Taylor, and Nyheim Hynes. White was on pace for another 400 yard game. 

Ok you responded about the game he left due to injury But no mention of the following game against Buffalo I wonder why 

12 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Ok you responded about the game he left due to injury But no mention of the following game against Buffalo I wonder why 

The 2021 Buffalo Bills defense was the #1 ranked defense in football. They were the #1 defense against the pass in yards, in yards per attempt, and in TDs given up. Mike White threw for 251 yards against that defense, a total that was only eclipsed by two other QBs last season: Tom Brady (363 yards) and Pat Mahomes (twice: 272 yards, then 378 in the OT thriller in the playoffs)

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, rtnelson said:

Interesting reference. Alas, Babylon was a good book. First of the "post-apocalypse" genre I believe...

53 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The 2021 Buffalo Bills defense was the #1 ranked defense in football. They were the #1 defense against the pass in yards, in yards per attempt, and in TDs given up. Mike White threw for 251 yards against that defense, a total that was only eclipsed by two other QBs last season: Tom Brady (363 yards) and Pat Mahomes (twice: 272 yards, then 378 in the OT thriller in the playoffs)

You can give all the Bills defensive stats but tell the entire story behind the 251 yards White threw for

In how many attempts , average yards per completion, how many TD passes, how many interceptions, QB rating and how many points were produced in that game by White.

This is a very good watch. Goes over how Wilson really improved on the mental side towards the end of the year learning how to read defenses and go through his progressions consistently while attacking the middle of the field. Also explains how his decisiveness improved, and how it was hampering his game at many points.

Whoa, bucko. I think there’s this idea that Zach lit up the Buccaneers at the end of the year and I’m just pointing out that 1. It was not a great statistical passing performance and 2. the Bucs defense was playing out the string at that point. 
.. you must not have watched the game ... dude balled out ... stats are for pussies ...

Zach gained weight about 20 lbs so I guess him and the team thought it would help his durability. It puts him in the 220’s. I liked his mobility but he says it shouldn’t affect it. But I kind of doubt it that’s a pretty big weight gain. Not sure it will work out for him I’m not ecstatic about it. Reports from NEP camp are that Mac Jones came in great shape they are claiming a marked improvement. 

4 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Zach gained weight about 20 lbs so I guess him and the team thought it would help his durability. It puts him in the 220’s. I liked his mobility but he says it shouldn’t affect it. But I kind of doubt it that’s a pretty big weight gain. Not sure it will work out for him I’m not ecstatic about it. Reports from NEP camp are that Mac Jones came in great shape they are claiming a marked improvement. 

It won't affect his mobility its all muscle and he is a serious fast twitch muscle freak. If Zac had run all the drills at the combine he probably gets a 9+ RAS score. He is seriously athletic and fast.