Njoku gets 4 years, $57M from Browns

1 minute ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

I must be missing something.  He certainly looks the part and maybe the new offense will cater more to his talents, but pure production wise including blocking, I love our 2 deals.

Yup, it feels like an overpay but we're heading into June and maybe there was a fear Njoku would sit out.  With Watson arriving I think the Browns may have felt pressure to reduce distractions and get their guys settled in time to work with the new QB.  A deal averaging almost $15M per year for a TE should have a better name associated with it than Njoku.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Just don’t think the Browns are set up well given the Watson contract and now paying $15M to an above average tight end.  Looking at some of his stats, I’d guesstimate 65%tile tight end.  How much of the cap to those 2 players?  Ouch..

Underrated problem with Watson… he makes some awful personal demands of the GM.  

He demanded they give up the world with draft picks for a LT.  Watson is part of the reasons the Texsan’s suck.  I bet he wanted this.  

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, DepressedJetsFan23 said:

This contract is very odd when you consider production. I’m seeing 28M guaranteed, curious about the details if this is one of those contracts with high guarantee up front with an easy out similiar to what JD has done. 

Njoku’s agent must have naked pics of the browns owner 

2 hours ago, undertow said:

If Cleveland loved Njoku so much why did they draft a guy in the 2nd last year and pay Hooper big bucks?

Cleveland's management is like a psych patient with multiple personalities.  Nothing they do seems to ever mesh with other things they have just done.  And it goes on in perpetuity. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Cleveland's management is like a psych patient with multiple personalities.  Nothing they do seems to ever mesh with other things they have just done.  And it goes on in perpetuity. 

Yeah they always make flashy moves and get pre season hype and never do anything....I suspect Watson will get them into the playoffs every year tho which is why they were so desperate to get him

On 5/27/2022 at 11:51 PM, Dcat said:

Thats why even though we had to endure a couple awful seasons, I firmly believe JD gutted the team of the previous regimes problems and now has us set up for stability going forward.  

Mac was like the browns, nothing he did ever made sense compared to his previous moves.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BCJet said:

Thats why even though we had to endure a couple awful seasons, I firmly believe JD gutted the team of the previous regimes problems and now has us set up for stability going forward.  

Mac was like the browns, nothing he did ever made sense compared to his previous moves.

Like drafting 2 safeties in a row in rounds 1 & 2 when the team had zero talent at key positions?  

• Upvote 3