The Crusher will be very happy about this

In theory, painters tape is edible.

Know what works?  A spot of cheese, heated just to melting.  Acts like glue to hold burrito shut.

Similar tip for hard corn chip tacos.  To stop them  breaking on 1st bite, a bit of cheese on the bottom of the shell then microwave for just 10-15 seconds to get it melted, then will stop the bottom from breaking, shell will still be crunchy.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I think @slats lives in Mexico. You live in Northeast Florida. (yuck)

Going with his opinion over yours.....

He lives in Cancun, hardly Mexico.  I’ve spent more time in real Mexico than smug Slats ever has and hard tacos are delicious, I don’t care what they say in Mexico and corn tortillas are disgusting. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

He lives in Cancun, hardly Mexico.  I’ve spent more time in real Mexico than smug Slats ever has and hard tacos are delicious, I don’t care what they say in Mexico and corn tortillas are disgusting. 

Best burrito I ever experienced--either in the U.S. or Mexico--was at La Cumbre in San Francisco.

la-cumbre-exterior.jpg?fit=640,427&ssl=1

53 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

They are delicious and you’re incredibly smug. 

Only when it’s clear that I’m 100% correct. 

45 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I’d never live in Cancún, either. I’m in a really nice town called Puerto Morelos. Well, not today, we decided to take a taxi and ferry over to Isla Mujeres for the weekend. 

41 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Best burrito I ever experienced--either in the U.S. or Mexico--was at La Cumbre in San Francisco.

la-cumbre-exterior.jpg?fit=640,427&ssl=1

Burritos aren’t really Mexican, either. The sign on that place is probably true (and I do love a good burrito). 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, slats said:

Only when it’s clear that I’m 100% correct. 

I’d never live in Cancún, either. I’m in a really nice town called Puerto Morelos. Well, not today, we decided to take a taxi and ferry over to Isla Mujeres for the weekend. 

Burritos aren’t really Mexican, either. The sign on that place is probably true (and I do love a good burrito). 

slats, this thing was gigantic.  The size of a newborn.  The place was a really stripped down joint.  Great carne asada, fresh sauces, and awesome agua frescas.  But this was back in the 90s.  No idea if the place is any good now.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Drums said:

What are you guys paying, 200 pesos a night? 

The hotel is actually gorgeous, but that’s the way in Mexico. Showplaces can be right next to abandoned buildings. That property across the street is probably worth a million US if anyone could figure out how to buy it. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, slats said:

The hotel is actually gorgeous, but that’s the way in Mexico. Showplaces can be right next to abandoned buildings. That property across the street is probably worth a million US if anyone could figure out how to buy it. 

I've been here 7 years haha I know how it is. But in my experience, with a view like that, it's been a pretty good deal. I've heard good things about Isla Mujeres but I don't get to the beach often enough

44 minutes ago, slats said:

Here’s a pic from my hotel room, it’s pretty Mexican, lol. 

5DEA11D8-F532-464B-867F-39C807D0B34F.jpeg

That view looks amazing to me!  Forget living for a nice Facebook foto the water looks like a fun place to be lol. 

I’m in walking distance from the boarder right now and it’s not Mexican at all…

Except the phenomenal breakfast tacos!  Well, maybe they are more not really Texas or Mexico goodness lol. (No it’s not TexMex either lol) 

D1EADA8F-A390-47E3-82DD-A17177D56D1A.png

8D285DA0-7C94-45F2-8E46-C06A3D2EB983.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Go to San Jose Del Cabo every year and have had some of the best Mexican food I've ever eaten.  The best places aren't in hotels or the likes, they are the mom and pop spots that most tourist wouldn't even consider. Been going there for 15 years, and will keep going there. It's so much better than Cancun by a mile

On 5/28/2022 at 8:29 AM, More Cowbell said:

Finally, a scientific breakthrough to be excited about.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/edible-burrito-tastee-tape-intl/index.html

It was already mentioned that Crusher went to M.I.T. (Massapequa Institute of Tacos) so I'm sure he was aware of this, or maybe even had a role in developing it.

• Haha 1