Which JD's draftee (20-22) will be a #Jet4life?

8 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

The most likely "Jet for life" candidates are going to be valuable positions where the guy seems likely to pan out. Sauce Gardner feels like a strong candidate.

Hall will probably spend his abbreviated career (8 years) with the Jets.

Jeremy Ruckert!

Some guys may get fazed out by a coaching/scheme change. Ruckert is the safest bet to adapt to the change. 

Don't get me wrong, when it time to get paid he'll want his money. But I feel he'll sign a fair deal to stay with the Jets.

The receivers man, you never know with those guys. Even if Wilson becomes a good QB, at the tail end we'll probably have to give him the boot due to INJ. He'll finish his career up else where, that "IF" he can pass up being a bust.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

The most likely "Jet for life" candidates are going to be valuable positions where the guy seems likely to pan out. Sauce Gardner feels like a strong candidate.

Sauce is giving off superstar vibes. Built in a lab. 

Haven’t felt this way about any jets pick ever. 

I know all the reasons not to put him in Canton yet. JMO. I think he’s an All Pro within his first 3 seasons.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Write in: Denzel Mims

Once we release him, teams wont give a sh*t about him. If you cant crack the Jets WR Corp, what good are you. 

So technically, that would make him a Jet for life. 

The social media team is only putting out stuff where he is at full effort so far - I’m hopeful he turns it around, but not banking on it.  He was awful last year.  
He couldn’t stand out when everyone was injured.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bronx said:

Hall will probably spend his abbreviated career (8 years) with the Jets.

It's possible but assuming Joe Douglas is retained I can see him not wanting to give Hall a second contract, especially given if "everything works out" (for both Douglas and Hall) he'll likely be a pricy back to retain.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Jets Lifers
1) Zach Wilson

2) AVT

Second contract but will finish their careers elsewhere

1) Moore

2) G. Wilson

3) Ruckert

Deserve a second contract but wont get it from the Jets

1) Breece Hall

2) Sauce

3) Becton

Great format!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Zach might be the strongest candidate. He plays the one position I’m certain the Jets will pay if they deem him worthy. Be nice if he does. 

Not listed, but Becton is probably a stronger candidate than AVT based simply on the position he plays. If he has a bounce back year, the team will pick up his fifth year option. 

Ruckert has a great shot because his position is inexpensive, and he might be inclined to do a hometown deal on top of it. 

I suspect Sauce will price himself out of the market, and that JD won’t be much of a proponent of giving a RB a second deal. Expect both of these positions to be hit over the next few drafts to keep a pipeline going. Same with guard.