Draft priorities 2023

Going into the preseason I feel like we have fortified every position to the point that we are projected to have top 15 wr , o line and d line.

We  signed and drafted two top tier corners and signed Tampas starting safety. Our back ups are solid and deep.

Our rb group looks pretty solid in the top 3-4.

So what areas do we prioritize drafting in next years draft?   Im thinking wr, dt, center, LB.

How do you see it?

• Upvote 1

The bigger question marks positionally are going to be DT, OT, C, LB, and S. Quarterback is one that will answer itself. Hopefully some of those other spots have clear internal answers this year and aren’t considerations next draft.

And I expect DE and WR to pretty much always be in play going forward, partially scheme and partially the current NFL. Can’t have too many pass rushers or playmakers.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

Going into the preseason I feel like we have fortified every position to the point that we are projected to have top 15 wr , o line and d line.

We  signed and drafted two top tier corners and signed Tampas starting safety. Our back ups are solid and deep.

So what areas do we prioritize drafting in next years draft?   Im thinking wr, dt, center, LB.

How do you see it?

The way I see it is this fan base is hopeless

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

Safety.  Will Parks and Lamarcus Joyner are FA after 2022.  Ashtyn Davis and Jordan Whitehead after 2023.  Need a young developmental guy or two.

OL.  Fant and McGovern are FA after 2022.  We will need to add two starting OL in FA/draft for the 23 season.

LB: Mosley is a potential cap casualty.  Quincy Williams will be FA after the season.  Stil not sure what we have in Sherwood and Nasitildeen.

• Upvote 4

16 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

How do you see it?

Need talk fast linebackers that tackle guys before they run for 5 yards. 

Might need a QB if our boy does not look competent (I personally think he's going to do well).
Otherwise: O Line, D Tackle, Safety, Linebacker
I think we should draft a QB no matter what ... you never know what the future holds... could end up in contract dispute, injury, moving on due to suckage etc etc.
  • Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Dunnie said:
1 hour ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:
Might need a QB if our boy does not look competent (I personally think he's going to do well).

I think we should draft a QB no matter what ... you never know what the future holds... could end up in contract dispute, injury, moving on due to suckage etc etc.

Draft a qb in which round?   And to be a back up like Morgan or White?   Or to challenge for the starting position?

Biggest question marks going into the season are:

QB: Zach Wilson - Can he be good?

OT: Mehki Becton - Can he stay healthy?

OT: George Fant - Was he a 1 year wonder?

OC: Connor McGovern - Was last year a bounce back year or an anomaly?

MLB: We just dont have a MLB who can cover sideline to sideline

FS: We do not have a FS who can play single high. Maybe Pinnock?

Edge: Carl Lawson - Is he still an impact player?

DT: We mostly have guys who should be 3T. We need a penetrating 1T

I’m assuming some of these guys answer the call and we finish the season with needs at MLB, DT, FS and possibly OC

44 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

If, for some reason, ZW does not progress, which I think is unlikely, we’ll need a replacement. 

Thats a different scenario than Dunnie was suggesting.   Yes if he completely sh*ts the bed we will need plan B.   I think that is unlikely though.   I think he improves to middle of the pack.

• Upvote 1

On 5/28/2022 at 6:54 PM, Bowles Movement said:

How do you see it?

image.png.623a8d77e25a9381e67017e1e7bd9fc6.png

On 5/28/2022 at 7:10 PM, Nixhead said:

Draft Priority = Pick Last!

Beat me to it, just go best value since you are picking last in the first round and there are so many stars surrounding pro bowler Zach. Maybe linebacker help, we will see.

20 hours ago, Dunnie said:
21 hours ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

Highly unlikely to draft a QB next year. They would need to know for certain that they were done with Zach by the end of the year for that to happen. There would have to be a massive regression on the field and/or some debilitating off field stuff (which also seems highly unlikely). If he hasn’t progressed enough to their liking, I’d expect a veteran to come into play rather than another rookie. The offense already looks well constructed, next year they’ll be looking to take off, not start over. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Jets will use their 2023 first round pick on a left tackle. Carve it into stone.

I could see that but I’m guessing after still having a bottom 10 run defense this year we will be looking to get faster at linebacker. Let’s revisit this after the first game , Ravens over/under rushing 200 yards. 

• Post of the Week 1