Ashtyn Davis

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Problem is he was drafted to be a Center Fielder with plenty of responsibilities, not a role player.  So I have no idea what him as an effective role player really looks like.  

Yeah I think anything more of a role player would be a stretch at this point.

On 5/31/2022 at 7:00 AM, varjet said:

I saw an article awhile back that actually logically explained JD’s first draft class.  It was a combination of trying to get the best RAS/athletes at each position (without any real feedback from the coaches) or picks requested with bad feedback from the coaches.   He was also working with Mac’s/Idzik’s/Tannebaum’s/Bradway’s scouts.  

Guys like Mims, Davis and Zuniga had great athletic scores, but there were obviously issues with the playing football thing.  

I don’t see Davis contributing this year.  He will likely make the team because safeties get hurt a lot.   Its water under the bridge mostly.  Mims will flash enough to be WR 5.  All signs appear to me the Jets are drafting more sensically now.  

Why lump Mims in there?  He played very well in college.  He also played decently his first season when he returned from injury.   I know last year was a washout but lets not act like he sucked at football because that is just not true.  If there was any outlier it was last year.