Sorry, Jets fans, the Seahawks won the Jamal Adams trade

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

95% of the world thought the Seahawks won the trade the day it was made, only most enlightened jets fans knew it was a huge jets win.

Not only did we get avt and Garret Wilson in essence we also got their best CB DJ Reed whom the hawks loved but couldn't pay because they paid so much for Jamal and Quandre Diggs.

Good point on the DJ Reed. Some in the comments section of that article  said they lost Wilson because of the Adams contract. But there's probably a better argument to be made for DJ Reed.

It's not perfect, but that trade is Adams and Coby Bryant CB for AVT G and Wilson WR and money which we used for to sign DJ Reed away from them. It's not perfect because the combo of our 3 players make slightly more than Jamal. But close enough. 

• Upvote 2

https://12thmanrising.com/2022/05/28/seahawks-won-jamal-adams/
By Todd Vandeberg 
Screenshot_20220530-070556_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b0e3823660d2c42b2f991b1a6006e39d.jpg
The Seahawks were roundly blistered for the trade that brought Jamal Adams to Seattle. To be fair, we need to wait until everyone’s career is over, but for now, I’d say Seattle won.
Since the moment the Seahawks inked the deal that brought Jamal Adams to the Emerald City, there has been no shortage of second-guessing the deal. Various pundits have said that the Hawks gave up too much. Others complained that Adams isn’t as good as he was expected to be. Both views are completely wrong.
To recap, the Seahawks sent Bradley McDougald, the ‘Hawks first and third-round picks in 2021, and this year’s first-rounder to the Jets. In exchange, Seattle got Adams and a 2022 fourth-round pick from New York. Yes, that’s a lot on the left side of the ledger.
I loved what McDougald brought to the Hawks, but he wasn’t a three-time Pro Bowler, either. McDougald only got into seven games with the Jets and managed just three games last year between the Jaguars and the Titans. That fits the classic definition of selling high.
Seahawks winning the Jamal Adams trade
Let’s look at what the Jets did with those draft picks they got from the Seahawks. In 2021, New York traded the first and third-round picks to move up to 14 and took guard Alijah Vera-Tucker. He had a fine rookie season, as he allowed just two sacks and was named to the PFWA All-Rookie team. There’s also the facc he ranked 60th in pressures allowed among all guards. Just for reference, the ‘Hawks Damien Lewis ranked 37th.
The Jets used the 2022 first-round pick on Ohio State wide receiver Garrett Wilson. No doubt about it, Wilson looks like an absolute stud. He’s been favorably compared to receivers like Davante Adams, and frankly, that comparison seems solid to me. Of course, you have to actually perform in the league, so we’ll see what happens.
The Seahawks used that Jets fourth-round pick to get perhaps the best steal of the draft, cornerback Coby Bryant. Playing alongside the ridiculously talented Sauce Gardner for the Bearcats, it was Bryant who won the Jim Thorpe Award as the nation’s best defensive back. Just as with Wilson, we’ll see how his potential pans out in games, but the future looks awfully bright in Seattle.
Don’t worry, 12s, I haven’t forgotten about the central figure of the trade. You didn’t hear a lot of complaints about Jamal Adams when he set an all-time NFL record for sacks by a safety in his first year in Seattle. His production dropped off drastically last season, but there were two major factors for this, both completely out of his control. He missed the last five games with a shoulder injury.
Even worse, the Seahawks former DC Ken Norton Jr. apparently decided he didn’t like all those sacks coming from the safety spot. Adams blitz rate dropped from 13 percent in 2021 to just 5 percent last year. While he isn’t the greatest safety when it comes to pass coverage, he’s hardly abysmal.
According to Pro Football Focus, quarterbacks targeting Adams in coverage only managed a 69.9 passer rating. His production dropped in 2022 because Ken Norton Jr. was a poor DC. We know who’s still with the team.
Adams will definitely bounce back to his Pro Bowl level this season. I’d bet your house on it, in fact. Assuming you don’t have a crippling mortgage to pay off, that is. The Hawks strong safety won’t turn 27 until nearly mid-season and has years of great football left. As for the draftees, the jury is still out on Vera-Tucker. Will he be good, or great? Wilson and Bryant could be All-Pros for years, or could wash out. It’s simply too soon to tell. The one thing we do know is that Jamal Adams is an established beast, and he’s locked in for the Seahawks for the next four seasons.
I'D bet YOUR house on it.

Nuff Said

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Lith said:

Some of the comments on the article from Seahawk fans:

Insanity
12 hours ago Wow….  I would just delete this entire site now…. What an idiotic article.  Go hawks

Jeffh
11 hours ago  Diehard seahawks fan here … we got fleeced lmao

Fitz
1 day ago  Exactly...   two first round picks would be two solid starting linemen that wouldn't hurt the cap for years.  The Adams deal shows the lack of confidence John and Pete have in themselves in finding talent in the first round.  They'd rather overpay for what they can evaluate in previous NFL games than do their homework and find the next pro bowler.

oneftputt
21 hours ago Who is the next fall guy for this listless plan? Seriously...Adams is a horrible DB & @ best, he is a brittle-undersized wannabe bully. His short spell of moderate success has passed.

Seacocks
1 day ago   Sacks don't mean anything if you can't cover, and Jamal Adams is bad at that. I hate it when slimes like this guy try to make it seem like Adams is one of the best safeties in the league. He's a box safety that was never worth 2 first rounders. The Jets have pieces to be successful in the future. Seattle traded for Adams to "win now" which was obviously the wrong move. You actually believe that a QB like Geno Smith can lead the team when the only team he beat in Wilson's absence were the Jaguars. Yet another delusional Seahawks writer trying to squeeze out anything he can to make the Hawks look good.

Lord, the abuse that guys like @Jetsfan80 and @ZachEY took for predicting all of this early was intense, but they were spot on. 

• Sympathy 3

47 minutes ago, Lith said:

Some of the comments on the article from Seahawk fans:

Insanity
12 hours ago Wow….  I would just delete this entire site now…. What an idiotic article.  Go hawks

Jeffh
11 hours ago  Diehard seahawks fan here … we got fleeced lmao

Fitz
1 day ago  Exactly...   two first round picks would be two solid starting linemen that wouldn't hurt the cap for years.  The Adams deal shows the lack of confidence John and Pete have in themselves in finding talent in the first round.  They'd rather overpay for what they can evaluate in previous NFL games than do their homework and find the next pro bowler.

oneftputt
21 hours ago Who is the next fall guy for this listless plan? Seriously...Adams is a horrible DB & @ best, he is a brittle-undersized wannabe bully. His short spell of moderate success has passed.

Seacocks
1 day ago   Sacks don't mean anything if you can't cover, and Jamal Adams is bad at that. I hate it when slimes like this guy try to make it seem like Adams is one of the best safeties in the league. He's a box safety that was never worth 2 first rounders. The Jets have pieces to be successful in the future. Seattle traded for Adams to "win now" which was obviously the wrong move. You actually believe that a QB like Geno Smith can lead the team when the only team he beat in Wilson's absence were the Jaguars. Yet another delusional Seahawks writer trying to squeeze out anything he can to make the Hawks look good.

I guess oneftput won’t be betting his house on it, 

• Upvote 1

I love the way the author (and I use the term loosely) is already assuming that Coby Bryant is the steal of 2022 draft before even playing a down.

He also ignores the fact that the Hawks extended Jamal for $70M.  This past offseason we spent $70M on CJ Uzomah, Tyler Conklin, Jordan Whitehead and Braxton Berrios.  I would rather have our 4 guys than their 1.  And Whitehead himself might be better than Adams.  At least hie is according to PFF (74.9 v 60.1).  And the numbers on Pro Football reference ber it out (passer rating when targeted of 62.6 for Whitehead and 93.8 for Adams.

Ridulous article which is doing what I assume it was intended to.  Generating clicks.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

note the blue tinted glasses.  obviously there's no telling how the drafted players will work out until they actually start to play.  but jamal was a proven commodity and he proved he really wasn't that great at his position.  sure he had some sacks but that was because of the scheme he was in.  i'm guessing you could send just about any db on a delayed blitz and he'd rack up quite a few sacks too.  but the bigger thing about adams was the me factor.  he turned into a cancer and non team player.  had he stayed with the jets it would've been all about him not being able to get sacks and excuses as to why geseicki, and gronk, and kelce just ran all over him.  the jets did the right thing.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Seahawks get

1. Jamal Adams.  PFF grade 64 down to 60 the past 2 years after signing a $70M deal last year; $17.5M per year, $38M guaranteed.  Graded in high 80s the last 2 years with Jets

2. 4th rounder this year

Jets get (excl 1 year rental McDougald)

1. AVT (also cost Jets 3rd rounder).  Rookie starter w/ PFF grade 67 expected to climb

2. Garrett Wilson (#1 WR on most boards)

3. Cap space to sign replacement SS Jordan Whitehead to 2 year, $14.5M deal.  2021 PFF grade 75.  After allocating $9M per year to AVT and Wilson above

Mic drop.  

This was a franchise changing trade.

Actually it severely changed two franchises. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The Jamal Adams trade was the straw that broke Russell Wilson’s back as it pertained to staying with the Seahawks. They traded for Adams July 2020. Wilson started leaking trade demands over the course of the next few months, culminating in Wilson surreptitiously releasing a list of four teams he’d like to play for in February 2021. 

Jamal Adams ruins franchises.

Best [franchise ruiner] in the Naytion

• Sympathy 2