Sorry, Jets fans, the Seahawks won the Jamal Adams trade

7 hours ago, Dwight Englewood said:

JD robbed the Seahawks in the Adams trade. Problem is the roster still hasn’t really been upgraded since even with the draft picks

The trade was a fleecing but I’d prefer the Jets to hit on draft picks. When is the last time a Jets first rounder got a second contract here? I legit don’t remember top of my head.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Dwight Englewood said:

JD robbed the Seahawks in the Adams trade. Problem is the roster still hasn’t really been upgraded since even with the draft picks

I'd say we've definitely upgraded, how much we don't know. Most of those resources were spent in April and we haven't seen play yet. This goes to those who talk about Wilson/Johnson like they've already hit too. 

8 hours ago, Dwight Englewood said:

This is an excellent point.  So many times last season I saw Michael Carter running between McGovern and AVT and thought it was Frank Gore with Jonotthan Harrison and Kelechi Osemele leading the way. 

Then when we saw Elijah Moore go for 141 yds against the Dolphins, all my friends looked at me funny when I started screaming "I told you nobody can cover David Clowney".

When will we finally see better players brought in?

Edited by AFJF
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, jgb said:

The trade was a fleecing but I’d prefer the Jets to hit on draft picks. When is the last time a Jets first rounder got a second contract here? I legit don’t remember top of my head.

It's been over a decade since the Jets drafted a player in the 1st who went on to get extended.  The most recent ones:

• Muhammad Wilkerson:  Drafted 2011, extended 2016 (5 years, $85M)
  • Mark Sanchez:  Drafted 2009, extended 2012 (3 years, $40.5M)
  • Darrelle Revis:  Drafted 2007, extended 2010 (4 years, $46M)
  • D'Brickashaw Ferguson:  Drafted 2006, extended 2010 (6 years, $60M)
  • Nick Mangold:  Drafted 2006, extended 2010 (7 years, $54M)
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's been over a decade since the Jets drafted a player in the 1st who went on to get extended.  The most recent ones:

• Muhammad Wilkerson:  Drafted 2011, extended 2016 (5 years, $85M)
  • Mark Sanchez:  Drafted 2009, extended 2012 (3 years, $40.5M)
  • Darrelle Revis:  Drafted 2007, extended 2010 (4 years, $46M)
  • D'Brickashaw Ferguson:  Drafted 2006, extended 2010 (6 years, $60M)
  • Nick Mangold:  Drafted 2006, extended 2010 (7 years, $54M)

You are JN’s Data

Star Trek Smoking GIF

• Haha 2

On 5/30/2022 at 9:09 AM, Beerfish said:

95% of the world thought the Seahawks won the trade the day it was made, only most enlightened jets fans knew it was a huge jets win.

Not only did we get avt and Garret Wilson in essence we also got their best CB DJ Reed whom the hawks loved but couldn't pay because they paid so much for Jamal and Quandre Diggs.

Have a beer ? on me. ?

On 6/13/2022 at 4:55 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

23 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The "best in the nayshunn" is listed at $1 and would still be a ripoff.  lmaooooo   @T0mShane

Saddest part to me is that the guy that the Bears selected with the "talk about a bargain!" 5th rounder Maccagnan sent for Brandon Marshall is still at $4 8 years later.

On 6/13/2022 at 5:03 AM, jgb said:

JD does all this wheeling and dealing to get all these draft picks problem is he can’t evaluate football players 

4 minutes ago, Dwight Englewood said:

JD does all this wheeling and dealing to get all these draft picks problem is he can’t evaluate football players 

He has a really good feel for not overpaying vets and cap friendly acquisitions. But dudes playing  pin the tail on the donkey on draft night and so far he’s the donkey, 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Dwight Englewood said:

So far he hasn’t proven that he’s any better at evaluating talent than Idzik or Macagnan 

I agree with that but back to back safeties in round 1 and 2 is a special kind of terrible. Least Joe has made pretty solid positional decisions and targeting guys that by position could help. But yeah, so far? His choices have been suspect to deplorable.