So, can we reopen the discussion about our Uniforms?

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I think people who say they don't care about the uniform their "favorite team" wears aren't actually fans....

They could wear actual, smeared dogsh*t as their uniforms, and as long as they won, I wouldn't care.

Threads about clothes are only popular because the product on the field is dogsh*t, and people think fun jerseys will help somehow.  

• Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Besides arguing over Zach, there is no topic more important than the uniforms.  

White helmet please. 

Going back to the classics would make this rebuild complete... YES White helmets PLEASE.... I can't stand the current ones. As much as I hate the 80's helmet, I wouldn't mind at all that logo on a White helmet with the 98 uni's.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

image.thumb.png.69070a88dbca53607e94dc2937bba15d.png

So just googled Jets uniform redesign.

Don't like the green here, wish it was darker, but I think the the rest of it, including the logo, is cool.

Have this with say... the British Racing Green from the Bullit Mustang?

Dope.

image.png.ba3c619325ec9d7c1558c93d9e699aea.png

Thats not British racing green, its Dark Highland Green. ?

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Thats not British racing green, its Dark Highland Green. ?

I had the same thought about it not being British Racing Green, Jet Nut.  Although I tip the hat at you adding Dark Highland.   Never knew this existed before your post.

Here's an example of British Racing Green.   Man, how bad did I want an MGB-GT.   Maybe my next life.

1970-MGB-GT-BRG.jpg?resize=640,424

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

Triumph wasnt too shabby in Brittish racing green.bd0ec9d92c72acaa60ae82d7b944345f.jpg

Gorgeous.   I owned a used TR-7 in red.  Is that a TR-6 or 250?

Those Triumphs and MGs were beautifully designed.  But you needed to have a brother-in-law who was a mechanic 'cause they always had problems. 

• Sympathy 1

Everyone needs to settle down about it because these uniforms as a whole are not going anywhere for a while. A lot of fans may hate them, but the team just changed them and realistically couldnt redo them for another few years I believe.  However, youd be surprised what a difference just a small easy change could make.

If someone was good at photoshop, take the current uniforms and just swap in a white facemask instead of the black we have in right now.  In my opinion makes the uniform look better instantly.  

Gorgeous.   I owned a used TR-7 in red.  Is that a TR-6 or 250?
Those Triumphs and MGs were beautifully designed.  But you needed to have a brother-in-law who was a mechanic 'cause they always had problems. 
TR-6 .. and yes the reason I do not have one is because it basically costs you 2-3k a year in maintenance for a summer dream.
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

TR-6 .. and yes the reason I do not have one is because it basically costs you 2-3k a year in maintenance for a summer dream.

Back in the 70s when I owned two British cars, my mechanic (originally from the UK) saw me more than my girlfriends.  lol

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

Everyone needs to settle down about it because these uniforms as a whole are not going anywhere for a while. A lot of fans may hate them, but the team just changed them and realistically couldnt redo them for another few years I believe.  However, youd be surprised what a difference just a small easy change could make.

If someone was good at photoshop, take the current uniforms and just swap in a white facemask instead of the black we have in right now.  In my opinion makes the uniform look better instantly.  

I think it’s a minimum five years.  
This is year 4.

Be very vocal, it can change soon! 

15 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I had the same thought about it not being British Racing Green, Jet Nut.  Although I tip the hat at you adding Dark Highland.   Never knew this existed before your post.

Here's an example of British Racing Green.   Man, how bad did I want an MGB-GT.   Maybe my next life.

1970-MGB-GT-BRG.jpg?resize=640,424

That reminds me of my father’s kitchen in the 70’s.

Avocado green was all the rage. 

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, munchmemory said:

For years, I've been petitioning Max to finally agree to a Sartorialist Forum to no avail.  I mean, who on JN wouldn't appreciate guidance on cravats or sock garters?

Damn! That’s not what this place is??? I’ve been in the wrong place all these years!  FML ? 

Semper Fi 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

When Sonny Werblin changed the color to kelly green it was because he liked St Patrick ... could add some orange in there. Or change it again. ... I believe Hess made the change from Kelly to a darker green.

He was born on 3/17, hence the love. 

55 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

FGSSdVxXoAEeyGx.jpg:large

xr4co41af6151.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

The best and most unique feature of their original and ‘98 throwbacks were the sleeve with the opposite color scheme of the body. I do not understand why they changed from that in the 70s or again now. 

image.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

15 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

They could wear actual, smeared dogsh*t as their uniforms, and as long as they won, I wouldn't care.

Threads about clothes are only popular because the product on the field is dogsh*t, and people think fun jerseys will help somehow.  

No one thinks that.

Its not an either or thing.