So, can we reopen the discussion about our Uniforms?

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

I had the same thought about it not being British Racing Green, Jet Nut.  Although I tip the hat at you adding Dark Highland.   Never knew this existed before your post.

Here's an example of British Racing Green.   Man, how bad did I want an MGB-GT.   Maybe my next life.

1970-MGB-GT-BRG.jpg?resize=640,424

Exactly.  Both greens are legendary.  I always wanted a British racing green Jaguar XK-E type as a kid.  

• Like 1

As long as the Uniform and helmet is white, I'm good.  Green pants should never be an option, ever.  The 80's helmet sucked.  The only redeeming quality of them was the color didn't match and whenever our OL or DL lined up it was obvious.  It sort of had a campy feeling about them not matching.  

20 hours ago, JTJet said:

Lol fair but you're talking to a lifelong comic book collector/dealer. Marvel has done a solid A- in bringing their properties to life since Blade. 

Avatar is just a Fern Gully ripoff with 3D.

Hello Fellow Nerd...

20220526_115347.thumb.jpg.321f5817d3a278baa1539197d3aaab50.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

It's amazing how this conversation begins anew on the forum every 6 months. It's like clockwork. The same arguments are put forward and the same discussion proceeds again and again. in analysis - I think that has meaning. Why is it that this topic just cannot be laid to rest?  Hmm.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Exactly.  Both greens are legendary.  I always wanted a British racing green Jaguar XK-E type as a kid.  

The XK-E is, arguably, the most beautifully designed vehicle ever.  As a teen visiting Italy in 1970, one of our family friend's son had that car in white.  Talk about a chick magnet?  

3 hours ago, fastmover said:

Damn! That’s not what this place is??? I’ve been in the wrong place all these years!  FML 😂 

Semper Fi 

Huzzah! A fellow traveler willing to navigate the lubricious road of high fashion.

For your valued opinion, I'll messenger over some swatches for several pocket square designs I've perused recently.   Just enchanting in their simplicity and élan.  I'm also thinking about finally pulling the trigger on purchasing a vintage loom.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Hello Fellow Nerd...

20220526_115347.thumb.jpg.321f5817d3a278baa1539197d3aaab50.jpg

Very nice. I have that Werewolf By Night in a CGC 9.8 and the entire run of MK vols 1-Current. Historically hes been my #1 character, unfortunately im fairly lukewarm on the tv show. 

I sold 95% of my collection a couple months back and started over again with a couple different focuses (on a strange chromium cover kick lately). I also flip 80s toys alot while saving the gems I really want. 

Got this haul from a storage unit sale recently...

20220101_185819.thumb.jpg.fd649603888ff961a4fd40bfe58332df.jpg

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

Use the Colts as a template. Blue to green, replace horse shoe logo with 80's logo and be done with it.

1363014820.jpg

andrew-luck-indianapolis-colts_3324906.j

image.png.c4f74630bc0bc2ca7bdaf493ddd2a74c.png

This. End thread. 

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

Use the Colts as a template. Blue to green, replace horse shoe logo with 80's logo and be done with it.

1363014820.jpg

I still like our original helmet better.  But could be happy with the 80s design.

6 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

The XK-E is, arguably, the most beautifully designed vehicle ever.  As a teen visiting Italy in 1970, one of our family friend's son had that car in white.  Talk about a chick magnet?

Enzo Ferrari called it the most beautiful car ever produced.  

Plus Austin Powers drove one Baby

Still British racing green E Type is hard to beat 

Jaguar_E-Type_Series_1_3.8_Litre_1961.thumb.jpg.f6bbb530ed27442041b6ccab5db8ee42.jpg

Unless you're Steve McQueen, Mr Cool in a cool Jag

s-l1600.jpg

• Post of the Week 2
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Jets1958 said:

It's amazing how this conversation begins anew on the forum every 6 months. It's like clockwork. The same arguments are put forward and the same discussion proceeds again and again. in analysis - I think that has meaning. Why is it that this topic just cannot be laid to rest?  Hmm.

because the mistake hasn't been rectified. Until we return to our historical classic NFL uniform this will be a topic of conversation. Can't expect not to get a response when you sh*t on your history (2nd time this franchise has done so)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jets1958 said:

Because we had, imo, the best uniforms in the league and they ruined it.

Regardless if you prefer the 80’s or the 00’s logo, no one is happy with the current one thus creating content. 

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Very nice. I have that Werewolf By Night in a CGC 9.8 and the entire run of MK vols 1-Current. Historically hes been my #1 character, unfortunately im fairly lukewarm on the tv show. 

I sold 95% of my collection a couple months back and started over again with a couple different focuses (on a strange chromium cover kick lately). I also flip 80s toys alot while saving the gems I really want. 

Got this haul from a storage unit sale recently...

20220101_185819.thumb.jpg.fd649603888ff961a4fd40bfe58332df.jpg

WBN 32 in an 9.8. ... Homer Simpson Reaction GIF

Nice storage unit haul.

Very rare to find someone else whose favorite character is Moon Knight. Good friend of mine turned me on to him about 12 years ago and he's been my collecting focus ever since, knocking Punisher, Spidey, and Ghost Rider out of the lime light. The Lemire and Ellis runs are particularly magnificent. 

I have nearly every MK book. Nearly every Thanos Book. Huge fan of Swamp thing and anything Alan Moore. My disposable income has always lagged behind my collecting goals and I have had to make some tough choices (see: no ASM 129 or MS 5 on my wall)

Would love to get some of my other gems graded like my ASM 300,  NM Demon #1, NM Swamp thing 37 but the year long turnaround time at CGC is too much to deal with.

I was worried about the MK show coming out. They definitely made him way too OP and added too much Egyptian God Magic into his  repertoire than there should have been but I get it in terms of needs for the show and the MCU. I just made sure to separate the books and the show in my mind as much as possible.

My biggest worry was too much Steven Grant and a lack of Jake Lockley... that was assuaged by the end. We could pick it apart but I decided to let it be what it was and enjoy it as much as possible. Kind of like the Jets 🤪. I thought Oscar Isaac was a great pick and did an excellent job... Ethan Hawke was a nice touch as well.

🍻

Here's to us turning this place into the CGC boards for a brief moment.

IMG_20200615_234310.thumb.jpg.9a93e954017d07aa9f0e9809f93d725b.jpg

The new uniforms are horrible, especially the black ones.  We dont need another Oakland Radiers uniform.  The Jets should only have one uniform that would ever be in consideration.  The legacy uniforms.  Totally Jets and one of the sharpest, most "professional" looking uniforms in league history.  Especially, the all whites.  Clean, sharp & serious.  

Go back to the real Jet unis.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Are we just posting comic book covers now?

Cool.

latest?cb=20091105231537&ehk=siBVblZETmn

Actually the side bar to collectible toys, comics and classic cars is making this thread a lot more fun than the 107th version of the same thread. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

Everyone needs to settle down about it because these uniforms as a whole are not going anywhere for a while. A lot of fans may hate them, but the team just changed them and realistically couldnt redo them for another few years I believe.  However, youd be surprised what a difference just a small easy change could make.

If someone was good at photoshop, take the current uniforms and just swap in a white facemask instead of the black we have in right now.  In my opinion makes the uniform look better instantly.  

this is the correct answer

OP asks "Can we reopen the discussion?" 

the answer is NO 

Chris Johnson aka "the genius" made this call in 2019 or whatever and the league has a 5 year limit in between uniform changes

they could add an alt-uniform but the main uniforms cannot be changed more frequently than every 5 years

I know it was you Chris

you broke my heart

the godfather GIF

4 hours ago, Jets1958 said:

because the uniforms an atrocity

if they were good we wouldn't have this discussion ever 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

WBN 32 in an 9.8. ... Homer Simpson Reaction GIF

Nice storage unit haul.

Very rare to find someone else whose favorite character is Moon Knight. Good friend of mine turned me on to him about 12 years ago and he's been my collecting focus ever since, knocking Punisher, Spidey, and Ghost Rider out of the lime light. The Lemire and Ellis runs are particularly magnificent. 

I have nearly every MK book. Nearly every Thanos Book. Huge fan of Swamp thing and anything Alan Moore. My disposable income has always lagged behind my collecting goals and I have had to make some tough choices (see: no ASM 129 or MS 5 on my wall)

Would love to get some of my other gems graded like my ASM 300,  NM Demon #1, NM Swamp thing 37 but the year long turnaround time at CGC is too much to deal with.

I was worried about the MK show coming out. They definitely made him way too OP and added too much Egyptian God Magic into his  repertoire than there should have been but I get it in terms of needs for the show and the MCU. I just made sure to separate the books and the show in my mind as much as possible.

My biggest worry was too much Steven Grant and a lack of Jake Lockley... that was assuaged by the end. We could pick it apart but I decided to let it be what it was and enjoy it as much as possible. Kind of like the Jets 🤪. I thought Oscar Isaac was a great pick and did an excellent job... Ethan Hawke was a nice touch as well.

🍻

Here's to us turning this place into the CGC boards for a brief moment.

IMG_20200615_234310.thumb.jpg.9a93e954017d07aa9f0e9809f93d725b.jpg

That's a nice one. I have a copy that's ungraded, found it for 15 bucks, so not nearly as nice as your copy. 

I like the non mainstream characters, Moon Knight, Darkhawk, Nova, Jack of Hearts, and Iron Fist. Actually own an entire run of the original Deadly Hands of Kung Fu. 

DC was less of a focus for me but generally love Mister Miracle, Lobo, Hawkman. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

That's a nice one. I have a copy that's ungraded, found it for 15 bucks, so not nearly as nice as your copy. 

I like the non mainstream characters, Moon Knight, Darkhawk, Nova, Jack of Hearts, and Iron Fist. Actually own an entire run of the original Deadly Hands of Kung Fu. 

DC was less of a focus for me but generally love Mister Miracle, Lobo, Hawkman. 

Mister Miracles FA was always on my list but I've kept putting it off and now it actully costs a few hundred bucks in decent grade SS3 has gotten completely out of reach, Having little kids  has really eaten into my book budget😂.

Lobo is fun I have his FA as well. Swamp thing Etrigan and Deadman have always been a few of my favorites I'm a big fan of the wierd side of DC.

Best Friends Friend GIF by PermissionIO

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Morrissey said:

1363014820.jpg

The Colts white unis are my favorite in the league. Totally down for that. 

6 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Because we had, imo, the best uniforms in the league and they ruined it.

Regardless if you prefer the 80’s or the 00’s logo, no one is happy with the current one thus creating content. 

Only Jets fans could think the Jets ever had the best uniform. 

2 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

Mister Miracles FA was always on my list but I've kept putting it off and now it actully costs a few hundred bucks in decent grade SS3 has gotten completely out of reach, Having little kids  has really eaten into my book budget😂.

Lobo is fun I have his FA as well. Swamp thing Etrigan and Deadman have always been a few of my favorites I'm a big fan of the wierd side of DC.

Best Friends Friend GIF by PermissionIO

Lmao

Alright, last one I'll share! So we stop bombarding the Jets board with sh*t they dont care about. 

Picked this bad boy up last week. 20220531_192908.thumb.jpg.60c1c9f3a6ce16ea66505cd88a524dbc.jpg

• Upvote 1

Current uni's really are the worst in the league.

It was so Jetsy to build it up as a groundbreaking new uni that would wow people and then once it drops everyone is like Jesus, this is s###. 

• Like 1

On 5/30/2022 at 4:29 PM, Drums said:

The green ones are the worst and that’s our main one so I’d definitely like to see them try again.  

I disagree. The all whites make them look like a girls' powder puff team.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, STLuLu said:

I disagree. The all whites make them look like a girls' powder puff team.

Hey I didn’t say they were good, I just said the green was my least favorite