OT - Lets Go Rangers! (Stanley Cup Run)

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

Who knows? Maybe New York teams are awakening from their slumbers. Mets, Yanks are rolling, and now the Blueshirts are headed to the ECF.

Football teams are overdue…

Except the Islanders made the ECF or their equivalent the prior two seasons and they are a New York team last time I checked. And they did it against starting goalies as opposed to the third stringers the Rangers have faced so far. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Post of the Week 2

8 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Rangers are 3-0 against Tampa in the regular season. I like their chances.

Regular season records don't mean anything.  Carolina dominated us in regular season.  Playoff hockey is a different animal.  

I am a little worried about the Rangers having only 1 day off between these 2 series though (while I think they said that Tampa had 9 days off).  We've got a young team though so hopefully they can bounce back quickly.  What a performance they put on in game 7!

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

7 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Except the Islanders made the ECF or their equivalent the prior two seasons and they are a New York team last time I checked. And they did it against starting goalies as opposed to the third stringers the Rangers have faced so far. 

COVID years, dont count. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, islesmb said:

Now they have to face a real team and the best goalie in the world, LG Tampa! 

No doubt Tampa will be a lot tougher of a test (2 time defending cup champs) but I don't think it's fair to say that Carolina wasn't a "real team".

• Upvote 2

2nd youngest team in the NHL.  Even if they lose this one they have managed to cram 2-3 years worth of playoff experience into a single season.  Not a bad investment in a sport where everyone says that playoff experience is a necessary ingredient to a successful cup run.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Who knows? Maybe New York teams are awakening from their slumbers. Mets, Yanks are rolling, and now the Blueshirts are headed to the ECF.

Football teams are overdue…

Was thinking the same thing..... this could be like 1969 all over again! Back then the Mets, Jets & Knicks were champions. 

This year it may be Yanks or Mets, Rangers and maybe a surprise Wild Card from the Jets? Knicks just suck!

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Was thinking the same thing..... this could be like 1969 all over again! Back then the Mets, Jets & Knicks were champions. 

This year it may be Yanks or Mets, Rangers and maybe a surprise Wild Card from the Jets? Knicks just suck!

Exactly what I was thinking.

For some reason “cities” seem to go on runs where multiple teams are good at once.

For a while there it was Boston/NE, lately it’s been Tampa Bay (of all places). LA had a run also. Maybe it’s our turn again?

@islesmb the neg repping by a bitter Islander fan is a fly on the wall to Ranger fans right now. You guys have a good team which simply had a bad season. I feel for you, but it’s not our fault your team will always be the little brother in comparison to the Rangers.

It doesn’t matter how good or bad you guys (and the Nets) are, you’re insignificant on the NY sports landscape.

Let’s be honest here, if it wasn’t for the attention you get playing against the Rangers in our “rivalry games”, who actually pays any attention to your team?

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

For some reason “cities” seem to go on runs where multiple teams are good at once.

For a while there it was Boston/NE, lately it’s been Tampa Bay (of all places). LA had a run also. Maybe it’s our turn again?

@islesmb the neg repping by a bitter Islander fan is a fly on the wall to Ranger fans right now. You guys have a good team which simply had a bad season. I feel for you, but it’s not our fault your team will always be the little brother in comparison to the Rangers.

It doesn’t matter how good or bad you guys (and the Nets) are, you’re insignificant on the NY sports landscape.

Let’s be honest here, if it wasn’t for the attention you get playing against the Rangers in our “rivalry games”, who actually pays any attention to your team?

Please no one cares about the Manhattan pee smell. It's Islanders Jets and Mets. You should become a Giants fan. I'm not bitter at all. I'm just having a little fun with you guys. Welcome to the club of losing to the TBL in the conference finals. Don't worry I'm going to go back to ignoring this thread and your insignificant team. 😀

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I'm also an Islander fan and I am giving the Rangers a ton of credit for what they have done. I believe they faced 2nd string goalies who are nearly as good as the starters. I would say Goalie is the only position in sports where you have nearly even talent on most teams except for a handful of suerstars

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

I don't  think I woukd go that far

There was an Islander dynasty. The closest the Rangers came to a dynasty was the TV show. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I don't  think I woukd go that far

There was an Islander dynasty. The closest the Rangers came to a dynasty was the TV show. 

I always forget about that dynasty.   Sadly running parrell to the Ming dynasty made it somewhat irrelevant.  

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Reminds me a little too much of 2011-2012.  They had a great season, but went 4-3 against the Senators and Caps and folded up against the Devils.  It is a tough road when you are playing more games than the other teams. 

That is the negative Nellie in you. I like to look at 2013-14 when they went 7 against the Flyers came back from 3-1 down to beat Pittsburgh in 7 and then took out Montreal in 6 in the conference finals before losing to LA in 5 in the Cup final. 

That being said. The Lightning are two time Cup Champs for a reason. They have the best goalie on the planet right now. 

The Rangers are we’re playing with house money against Carolina. Same thing here. Youngest team in the league that has far surpassed even the most optimistic Ranger fan

• Upvote 3