OT - Lets Go Rangers! (Stanley Cup Run)

2 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Well if you know this reference you ain’t no spring chicken either 🐓 🤣

892B8455-3317-4F1E-8EB9-FA38BC4C30B8.jpeg

Know the reference. 
I look marvelous as well in a Quasimodo type of way 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

He never does. Hope we don't bring him back next year.

Panerin needs to have a natural goal scorer on his line. He’s basically out there by himself trying to make things happen in the offensive end.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Panerin needs to have a natural goal scorer on his line. He’s basically out there by himself trying to make things happen in the offensive end.

Panarin hasn't been very good these playoffs but I'll hand it to him tonight he was great. No help unfortunately.

• Upvote 1

I personally would like to shoot Strome right into the sun. He’s been downright awful. Missing that open net is akin to Charles Smith against the Bulls 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Bad feeling Copp or Vatrano will get big deals that end up killing us.

Vatrano I would keep as he’s fast and has a shoot first mentality that very few of the Rangers have and shouldn’t be that expensive. Copp cost himself a few million with his playoff performance but would bring him back and Strome well let’s say I hope he can get out of the lease on his apartment 

8 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Vazzy is a Mount Rushmore goaltender. This Rangers team is good just running into a juggernaut during their prime. 

I hated that “Igor’s better” chant that was started and since then, he has not been better 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Bad feeling Copp or Vatrano will get big deals that end up killing us.

Strome is gone. So, they will sign Copp but I don’t think Drury just hands out money and i think copp will take a reasonable deal because he wants to win. I’m hopeful that Panerin will have Copp centering his line next year with Kratsov as the other wing.

Vatrano should be counting his blessings because no other team would ever put him on their top line, and he did not help his case in game 5, he was terrible. 

• Upvote 1

As someone who is not a huge hockey fan, but has really gotten into these playoffs with my 7 year old son, can someone more seasoned list the true elite stars the Rangers have vs. guys who may just be playing above their head in the playoffs?

My personal favorite in the playoffs has been Zibanejad, and my son's is Chytil.  I know they have both been great in the playoffs, but are they top guys in the NHL?

I know Shesterkin is elite, but where do guys like Panerin and Kreider fall?

43 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

As someone who is not a huge hockey fan, but has really gotten into these playoffs with my 7 year old son, can someone more seasoned list the true elite stars the Rangers have vs. guys who may just be playing above their head in the playoffs?

My personal favorite in the playoffs has been Zibanejad, and my son's is Chytil.  I know they have both been great in the playoffs, but are they top guys in the NHL?

Chytil may become a great player. He’s been in the NHL since 19 years old. This is the best he’s ever played. Hopefully, he will sustain it into next year. His linemates on the kid line are in the same boat but were more highly touted coming into the NHL as overall #1 and #2 picks. They may become great.

As to the best players not in goal currently on the team are considered top players at their positions in the NHL now, it is  the  its Fox, Zabinijad, Panerin, Kreider and Trouba.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, WhartonJet said:

The elite Rangers are Artemi Panarin (a terrific offensive player), Adam Fox (who won the Norris Trophy last year for best defenseman) and Igor Shersterkin (who will win the Vezina Trophy this year for best goalie). 

I think there are 2 excellent players in Mika Zibanejad and Chris Kreider.

Zibanejad might not have quite the same accomplishments as the others but he's definitely looked at as a high quality 1st line center.

Chris Kreider has been in the league for about a decade now.  He's always had tantalizing upside (due to his combo of speed, size and toughness) and has always been a good player (20-30 goal scorer) but, until this season, had never quite lived up to his potential (though he was always considered a clutch playoff performer).  This year, he was outstanding though (over 50 goals) and he might be considered elite now.  Though it has to be taken into account that he's in a rare group of players who put up these stats for the 1st time after being in the league for over a decade.

The team has a bunch of very talented young players who are not currently top guys in the NHL but could potentially get there.

Alexis Lafreniere (age 20) was the #1 overall draft pick 2 years ago. 

Kappo Kakko (age 21) was the #2 overall draft pick 3 years ago. 

Filip Chytil (age 22) was a 1st rounder (21st overall pick) and has been in the league for 5 years (but basically 4 years since his first year he played only 9 game).  So far he's put up mediocre numbers (at best) in the regular season but he's been a real revelation in these playoffs.  I don't think this his play is considered an anomaly though.  He's looked at as a high upside guy who is just now coming into his own. 

K'Andre Miller (age 22) is another 1st rounder (22nd overall pick) who, imo, has a chance to be an outstanding player.  He's only in his 2nd year in the league and he's still pretty new to playing defense (he mostly played forward before the Rangers drafted him).  He's an outstanding athlete with great size and strength.  He was talked about as being potentially the best athlete in the draft the year he was picked.  I have very high hopes for him.

Braden Schneider (age 20) is yet another 1st rounder (19th overall) who is playing very well considering he's been thrown into the lineup so early in his career.   If you keep following hockey next year, keep an eye out for some other youngsters like Nils Lundqvist, Zac Jones and Brendan Othmann. 

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Chytil may become a great player. He’s been in the NHL since 19 years old. This is the best he’s ever played. Hopefully, he will sustain it into next year. His linemates on the kid line are in the same boat but were more highly touted coming into the NHL as overall #1 and #2 picks. They may become great.

As to the best players not in goal currently on the team are considered top players at their positions in the NHL now, it is  the  its Fox, Zabinijad, Panerin, Kreider and Trouba.

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The elite Rangers are Artemi Panarin (a terrific offensive player), Adam Fox (who won the Norris Trophy last year for best defenseman) and Igor Shersterkin (who will win the Vezina Trophy this year for best goalie). 

I think there are 2 excellent players in Mika Zibanejad and Chris Kreider.

Zibanejad might not have quite the same accomplishments as the others but he's definitely looked at as a high quality 1st line center.

Chris Kreider has been in the league for about a decade now.  He's always had tantalizing upside (due to his combo of speed, size and toughness) and has always been a good player (20-30 goal scorer) but, until this season, had never quite lived up to his potential (though he was always considered a clutch playoff performer).  This year, he was outstanding though (over 50 goals) and he might be considered elite now.  Though it has to be taken into account that he's in a rare group of players who put up these stats for the 1st time after being in the league for over a decade.

The team has a bunch of very talented young players who are not currently top guys in the NHL but could potentially get there.

Alexis Lafreniere (age 20) was the #1 overall draft pick 2 years ago. 

Kappo Kakko (age 21) was the #2 overall draft pick 3 years ago. 

Filip Chytil (age 22) was a 1st rounder (21st overall pick) and has been in the league for 5 years (but basically 4 years since his first year he played only 9 game).  So far he's put up mediocre numbers (at best) in the regular season but he's been a real revelation in these playoffs.  I don't think this his play is considered an anomaly though.  He's looked at as a high upside guy who is just now coming into his own. 

K'Andre Miller (age 22) is another 1st rounder (22nd overall pick) who, imo, has a chance to be an outstanding player.  He's only in his 2nd year in the league and he's still pretty new to playing defense (he mostly played forward before the Rangers drafted him).  He's an outstanding athlete with great size and strength.  He was talked about as being potentially the best athlete in the draft the year he was picked.  I have very high hopes for him.

Braden Schneider (age 20) is yet another 1st rounder (19th overall) who is playing very well considering he's been thrown into the lineup so early in his career.   If you keep following hockey next year, keep an eye out for some other youngsters like Nils Lundqvist, Zac Jones and Brendan Othmann. 

Great info guys, thank you!  Hope to keep watching with my son next year.  He’s really taken to this team.  They are an easy bunch of guys to root for

6 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

Great info guys, thank you!  Hope to keep watching with my son next year.  He’s really taken to this team.  They are an easy bunch of guys to root for

That's terrific.  Hopefully, they can continue the ride beyond tomorrow night so you and your son can make more memories.  Enjoy it all! 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Was looking at HOF stuff and its actually sad how few homegrown Rangers are in the HOF from say after 1990.  Of course Messier, Gretzky etc….  But homegrown. Leetch and who else?? Richter?  Too tired to look it up.  

9 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Was looking at HOF stuff and its actually sad how few homegrown Rangers are in the HOF from say after 1990.  Of course Messier, Gretzky etc….  But homegrown. Leetch and who else?? Richter?  Too tired to look it up.  

Rod Gilbert is one Harry Howell Andy Bathgate Brad Park ( who never should have been traded for Carol Vadnais) Jean Ratelle Henry Lundqvist will be. These are just off the top of my head quite sure there are others