OT - Lets Go Rangers! (Stanley Cup Run)

11 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Was looking at HOF stuff and its actually sad how few homegrown Rangers are in the HOF from say after 1990.  Of course Messier, Gretzky etc….  But homegrown. Leetch and who else?? Richter?  Too tired to look it up.  

Yeah, other than Leetch and Richter we won the 94 cup with mercenaries. After 94 that became the model and it failed miserably. The Rangers didn’t even begin to concentrate on the draft until a few years after the salary cap was put in place in 2004. But over the last decade they’ve really dedicated resources to scouting and developing and it’s paying off.

29 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Yeah, other than Leetch and Richter we won the 94 cup with mercenaries. After 94 that became the model and it failed miserably. The Rangers didn’t even begin to concentrate on the draft until a few years after the salary cap was put in place in 2004. But over the last decade they’ve really dedicated resources to scouting and developing and it’s paying off.

Sergei Zubov?  Alexei Kovalev?  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, CSNY said:

Rod Gilbert is one Harry Howell Andy Bathgate Brad Park ( who never should have been traded for Carol Vadnais) Jean Ratelle Henry Lundqvist will be. These are just off the top of my head quite sure there are others 

I said after 1990…….    Love you like a brother but you misread my post!  Go Blue Shirts!!!!!!

7 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I said after 1990…….    Love you like a brother but you misread my post!  Go Blue Shirts!!!!!!

Reading comprehension wasn’t my strong suit in school

Realized my mistake after I posted response. Please See below

4 hours ago, CSNY said:

Ooops sorry southpark. Didn’t read the part of “ after 1990”

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Yeah…. That was pretty fukked up. No call for anything physical.  I hope they lock him up.  

Exactly my take.  I can get vocal at games but wtf makes people feel the need to get violent.  Makes me sick to see fans of my team act like a thug

• Upvote 1

Game 5 “felt” like a Tampa win very early on.  

They have defensively smothered the Rangers’ speed for 7 straight periods.

Game 6… IDK…  I am thinking a momentum shift back the other way.  Rangers win tonight and take it to a game 7 at MSG.

Because it’s hockey…

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

I don’t know what Chelios is watching.  I thought Tampa had a better period, but that does NOT mean the Rangers didn’t also play well.

Igor is in gymnast mode tonight.  The Rangers have actually been able to carry the blue line tonight and not all dump n’ chase.

I am confident…

Rangers looked like the Rangers I have been watching this season.  Nice to see them play their game.  At the very least, skating the puck into the zone versus the constant dump and chase while getting destroyed on the backcheck from Tampa.

• Upvote 1