OT - Lets Go Rangers! (Stanley Cup Run)

21 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Rangers ha e a bright future. They will be a fixture in the playoffs for the next decade

They just ran into a buzzsaw in this series.  

Played the defending champs even Entire team Just ran out of gas   All in all a really Good season with a excellent core of young players 

• Upvote 2

I remember the Jets losing two AFC championship games and being told that their future was bright.  And they haven’t sniffed the playoffs since.

I remember the Mets losing the World Series and being told their future was bright.  And then they fell apart.

I remember everyone saying the Knicks are on the rise with a great coach and FO for the first time in decades, and then they went back to being the laughing stock Knicks in less than a year.

Done.  No more.  When I actually see something worth being excited about, I will.  It’s pessimism from this point out when it comes to sports.  I’m so sick of being hopeful.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

I remember the Jets losing two afc championship games and being told that their future was bright.  And they haven’t sniffed the playoffs since.

I remember the Mets losing the World Series and being told their future was bright.  And then they fell apart.

I remember everyone saying the Knicks are on the rise with a great coach and FO for the first time in decades, and then they went back to being the laughing stock Knicks in less than a year

Done.  No more.  When I actually see something worth being excited about, I will.  Pessimism from this point out when it comes to sports.

This is exactly how I feel. Once you’re this close you have to seal the deal because getting back isn’t a guarantee, it’s actually more likely you won’t get back. I wasn’t alive in 1994, I am sick of hearing about next year and bright futures I just want to see the Rangers lift the cup. **** man. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

43 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I remember the Jets losing two AFC championship games and being told that their future was bright.  And they haven’t sniffed the playoffs since.

I remember everyone saying the Knicks are on the rise with a great coach and FO for the first time in decades, and then they went back to being the laughing stock Knicks in less than a year.

Done.  No more.  When I actually see something worth being excited about, I will.  It’s pessimism from this point out when it comes to sports.  I’m so sick of being hopeful.

You say that, but next year you'll be back. It's an addiction.

13 minutes ago, Gramsci said:

You say that, but next year you'll be back. It's an addiction.

I will, but you won’t find me screaming “why not us?!” or talking about how “bright” the future is.  It will be far more passive.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Welcome to the darkside my friend (although you got there a hell of a lot younger than I did).

• Like 1

I ask this as a complete outsider to hockey (I can't name a current Ranger), but didn't they "arrive ahead of schedule" this year? I'm told this team has a very promising young core (I'm not being sarcastic). 

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

I ask this as a complete outsider to hockey (I can't name a current Ranger), but didn't they "arrive ahead of schedule" this year? I'm told this team has a very promising young core (I'm not being sarcastic). 

I’m a firm believer in the “ nothing is guaranteed” thing when it comes to young teams having more chances. We were up 2 games to none and had a two goal lead in game 3 of the Conference Finals. Who knows if we’ll ever have that kind of opportunity to reach for the Cup again with this group? You can’t let that get away.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

Kinda. I think Lafrenniere is going to be a Selke candidate in the future. Chytil showed me something this year. Fox is obviously awesome. Miller has serious potential along with Lindgren and Schneider, I think we look good on D. Shesterkin better win the Vezina this year, or it's Jethro Tull beating Metallica at the Grammys kind of nonsense. That said, I think Kappo Kakko sucks, at least for the #2 overall he does. I don't trust Georgiev AT ALL. Our 4th line type guys aren't very good, IMO. Always liked Tyler Motte though and hope we can keep him. Strome I'm not a fan of and Andrew Copp can play his spot at #2 center next year. I like Copp a lot actually. 

Also, and this is blasphemous I know, but I hate Panarin's game. Hate that looking for the perfect pass Sports Center highlight pond hockey crap. PUT THE PUCK ON NET. 

All credit to Tampa Bay. 
They turned this series upside down and completely throttled a very game Rangers team.

We had a wonderful season. It hurts right now having it end the way it did, but I can take some solace in the fact that we lost to the 2x defending champs, going for #3. We gave them all they could handle, they were the better team though, and now I’ll root for them to get the Cup.

That will make it much sweeter when we return the favor and kick their a**es next year.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

All credit to Tampa Bay. 
They turned this series upside down and completely throttled a very game Rangers team.

We had a wonderful season. It hurts right now having it end the way it did, but I can take some solace in the fact that we lost to the 2x defending champs, going for #3. We gave them all they could handle, they were the better team though, and now I’ll root for them to get the Cup.

That will make it much sweeter when we return the favor and kick their a**es next year.

I don't hate Tampa or anything but I really like Nate MacKinnon. For me he's the 2nd best overall player behind McDavid. Different games though. Then again I REALLY do not like Nazem Kadri. Marchand-levels of dirtbag. 

18 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

I don't hate Tampa or anything but I really like Nate MacKinnon. For me he's the 2nd best overall player behind McDavid. Different games though. Then again I REALLY do not like Nazem Kadri. Marchand-levels of dirtbag. 

I don’t watch a lot of Western Conference hockey teams, or those from any sport  who play out there. To be honest, I could care less about them, so I’m going with Tampa Bay.

Tonight I watched the Mets-Angels after the Ranger game, and as big a baseball fan as I am (it’s my favorite sport), I don’t think I’ve seen either Trout nor Ohtani play 10 games in their entire career.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I don’t watch a lot of Western Conference hockey teams, or those from any sport  who play out there. To be honest, I could care less about them, so I’m going with Tampa Bay.

Tonight I watched the Mets-Angels after the Ranger game, and as big a baseball fan as I am (it’s my favorite sport), I don’t think I’ve seen either Trout nor Ohtani play 10 games in their entire career.

I always felt like Stamkos was underrated and under the radar until they won. If he wins a 3rd that would be fine too. Hockey is my favorite, FWIW.

Are you an early riser? I'm a bartender/restaurant lifer apparently and live in the Central time zone so I see plenty of west coast sports. I'm different in that I sometimes can't be up for 11:35 AM start times. Have worked gigs where I didn't hop on until 5-6pm. 

19 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

I always felt like Stamkos was underrated and under the radar until they won. If he wins a 3rd that would be fine too. Hockey is my favorite, FWIW.

Are you an early riser? I'm a bartender/restaurant lifer apparently and live in the Central time zone so I see plenty of west coast sports. I'm different in that I sometimes can't be up for 11:35 AM start times. Have worked gigs where I didn't hop on until 5-6pm. 

For the most part yes. A lot of it though is with so many teams in the different sports, I kind of pick and choose what teams/games I’m going to watch.

Football is different in that they have a condensed one day a week schedule for the most part, and even the night games are over around midnight EST, so I know just about all there is to know about every team.

There was a time when I could tell you about every line and defense pairing on every team in the NHL, or every starting lineup and pitching staff in baseball, while rattling off the starting 5 of every NBA team. That’s not the case anymore.

When I moved down south 10 years ago and had the ability to play golf year round, I stopped caring about games that start after 930-10pm local time.

Another big factor in my left coast ignorance was the evolution of SportsCenter from a must watch either every night or morning, into a show that just annoys the hell out of me.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Hockey is very different in the respect that if you have an outstanding goalie, it can be the difference from good and great and Igor is an outstanding goalie. This Ranger team IMO is soft but I think it's  because  they are so young. They need some guys who will knock the other team around and hard, not just ride them off the puck. They also have to work on passing cleanly. They missed opportunities because the guy getting the pass couldn't  handle the puck cleanly. 

59 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Fun series. Rangers have a bright future. Tampa is loaded and Vazzy is trending towards goat status.

Im not convinced.  I see playoffs in out future. A cup????  Our last two first rounders seemed OK, not game changing. Who is our Mark Messier of the future. Every good team has or had a Captain. We do not. We need a leader.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

The Rangers ran out of gas while playing the well-rested, two-time defending champs. Playing every other day for a month is both mentally and physically exhausting. Nothing to be ashamed about here.

I don't like the truth of your post but perhaps you're correct. I'm just depressed. :)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Fun series. Rangers have a bright future. Tampa is loaded and Vazzy is trending towards goat status.

Can't be goat with today's equipment. Different position. Like hitting with a metal bat.

6 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I’m a firm believer in the “ nothing is guaranteed” thing when it comes to young teams having more chances. We were up 2 games to none and had a two goal lead in game 3 of the Conference Finals. Who knows if we’ll ever have that kind of opportunity to reach for the Cup again with this group? You can’t let that get away.

This. I remember even hearing how the Rangers were the “better team” after 2 games, funny how quickly that changed. 

losing back to back to back to back is nasty business no matter how you choose to slice it.

No reason for you Ranger fans to hang your heads this morning for your team is  both talented and young. They will be a tough out for many seasons to come. They play a dynamic and entertaining style of hockey, congrats to a good season.

Ps, The rebuild has been a success.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

The Rangers ran out of gas while playing the well-rested, two-time defending champs. Playing every other day for a month is both mentally and physically exhausting. Nothing to be ashamed about here.

Well said. That's why winning the Stanley Cup is the greatest achievement in team sports. You have to win 16 games, like you said, most of them every other day.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Im not convinced.  I see playoffs in out future. A cup????  Our last two first rounders seemed OK, not game changing. Who is our Mark Messier of the future. Every good team has or had a Captain. We do not. We need a leader.

You have him. His name is Lafrenniere. He is a special player, and he raised his game to a new level. He showed his obvious physical talents, but he also showed a nastiness and toughness that fits the bill. other than your goalie, I thought he had the best series of anyone else.