OT - Lets Go Rangers! (Stanley Cup Run)

22 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Right, sort like how long it took the Rangers to win their 4th Cup. I think the other 3 cup games were played by candle light. 

Who cares?

What's it get you and your team is a team no one cares about? 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Except the Islanders made the ECF or their equivalent the prior two seasons and they are a New York team last time I checked. And they did it against starting goalies as opposed to the third stringers the Rangers have faced so far. 

image.gif.24baf64e660100891e32734ae8b5929f.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Who cares?

What's it get you and your team is a team no one cares about? 

Dude, the Rangers are only relevant now because they are in the playoffs again after a long drought. I think they have a really good team and will be good for a while but the Islanders have been relevant  for a few years already. They have a good team but had a bad season. I wouldn't  expect you to know this living in Fl where the only sports news about NY is what you search on the net for. If you don't  look for it, you won't  see it. 

7 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Dude, the Rangers are only relevant now because they are in the playoffs again after a long drought. I think they have a really good team and will be good for a while but the Islanders have been relevant  for a few years already. They have a good team but had a bad season. I wouldn't  expect you to know this living in Fl where the only sports news about NY is what you search on the net for. If you don't  look for it, you won't  see it. 

Dude, theyre an original 6.  They will always be relevant.  

I go back and forth from Florida to NJ, I know NY sports, dont try to give me a lesson on NY sports.  

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Dude, theyre an original 6.  They will always be relevant.  

I go back and forth from Florida to NJ, I know NY sports, dont try to give me a lesson on NY sports.  

I think you need one becaise you didn't seem to know how good the Islanders have been in the playoffs while the Rangers were making Golf reservations. You want to know what nobody cares about? That the Rangers were one of the original NHL teams. If that is important to you, you should be a Giants fan.  I believe they were the original  NY NFL team

• Thumb Down 1

17 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I think you need one becaise you didn't seem to know how good the Islanders have been in the playoffs while the Rangers were making Golf reservations. You want to know what nobody cares about? That the Rangers were one of the original NHL teams. If that is important to you, you should be a Giants fan.  I believe they were the original  NY NFL team

I know how good the Islanders have been.  I'm saying no one cares about the Islanders now.  So talk trash about two years ago or the 1980-1983 cups, they're irrelevant today.  39 years ago and youre talking trash about the Rangers cups?  

As for being an original 6 and what it means, sorry you dont get it but players like Panarin do

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Right, sort like how long it took the Rangers to win their 4th Cup. I think the other 3 cup games were played by candle light. 

Imagine being a Jet fan and saying this…

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

I don't need to I lived it.

Gotta be hard for you being third class behind the Rangers and the Devils.

2 Years of good hockey does not make up for 25-30 years of awful hockey. 

Or this

Ha HA.jpg

I have to agree with that Jersey. It was the reason I stopped following them for a few years

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

I don't need to I lived it.

Gotta be hard for you being third class behind the Rangers and the Devils.

2 Years of good hockey does not make up for 25-30 years of awful hockey. 

Or this

Ha HA.jpg

It's like a bad trip version of the Gordon fish sticks guy

30 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I know how good the Islanders have been.  I'm saying no one cares about the Islanders now.  So talk trash about two years ago or the 1980-1983 cups, they're irrelevant today.  39 years ago and youre talking trash about the Rangers cups?  

As for being an original 6 and what it means, sorry you dont get it but players like Panarin do

Of course nobody cares now. The Rangers are a Cinderella team and a great story and the Islanders are at home. Even I am rooting for them, but you said

<Who cares?

What's it get you and your team is a team no one cares about? >

That is a bit different from nobody cares now. 

And I guarantee you, 50% of Ranger fans don't know they were an original 6 or even care.

BTW, I'm still trying to figure out if that was a question or a statement. A period or comma would help. 

Congrats, Ranger fans.  Great run your team is on.  Those guys are hard to kill; coming back against both Pitt and Carolina.  Enjoy the next 2 - 4 weeks.

Rangers - Lightning is close to my worst nightmare, but should be a very entertaining series.  For the next month, I am a fan of the Western Conference.

• Upvote 2

Of course nobody cares now. The Rangers are a Cinderella team and a great story and the Islanders are at home. Even I am rooting for them, but you said

<Who cares?

What's it get you and your team is a team no one cares about? >

That is a bit different from nobody cares now. 

And I guarantee you, 50% of Ranger fans don't know they were an original 6 or even care.

BTW, I'm still trying to figure out if that was a question or a statement. A period or comma would help. 

Rangers are a Cinderella team?  They completely rebuilt their team, are one of the youngest teams in the league and are ahead of schedule by becoming a really good team.  Theyre a legit threat for the cup and rightfully so.  

Youre out of your mind if you think real hockey fans dont know that the Rangers are an original 6 team.  Seriously?  

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Rangers are a Cinderella team?  They completely rebuilt their team, are one of the youngest teams in the league and are ahead of schedule by becoming a really good team.  Theyre a legit threat for the cup and rightfully so.  

Youre out of your mind if you think real hockey fans dont know that the Rangers are an original 6 team.  Seriously?  

I'm not even going dignify  what you just wrote with an answer. 

You literally just described a Cinderella team. The guy that sits behind me at work is a huge Ranger fan and even he said they are a Cinderella team. 

• Thumb Down 1

6 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Reminds me a little too much of 2011-2012.  They had a great season, but went 4-3 against the Senators and Caps and folded up against the Devils.  It is a tough road when you are playing more games than the other teams. 

This team reminds me of the 79 team that lost to Canadians in the finals. The 79 team was very young and rode a scorching hot John Davidson along with some timely goals to beat a loaded Islanders team in the semi finals With Igor maintaining his MVP play no reason he can’t lead this squad and beat Tampa. I like the Rangers chances this series 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Rangers are 3-0 against Tampa in the regular season. I like their chances.

Past performance does not mean future success,  and I am a huge Rangers fan.  Just look at Carolina getting trashed in game 7 at home.  Let the hockey gods shine on the Rangers in the next series.

• Upvote 1

I'm not even going dignify  what you just wrote with an answer. 

You literally just described a Cinderella team. The guy that sits behind me at work is a huge Ranger fan and even he said they are a Cinderella team. 

I really dont care what someone who sits behind you called them.  

A cinderella team to me is a team that comes out of nowhere, a team that no one expected to be there and could bow out.  

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, CSNY said:

This team reminds me of the 79 team that lost to Canadians in the finals. The 79 team was very young and rode a scorching hot John Davidson along with some timely goals to beat a loaded Islanders team in the semi finals With Igor maintaining his MVP play no reason he can’t lead this squad and beat Tampa. I like the Rangers chances this series 

Lets hope Igor stays healthy and doesnt get hurt like Davidson did before the Canadians series.

Stop being so sensitive.  Its sports

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

I really dont care what someone who sits behind you called them.  

A cinderella team to me is a team that comes out of nowhere, a team that no one expected to be there and could bow out.  

I just showed him what you wrote.

He said "That's  fine, he doesn't  care what you think either. Lol

So not only did you expect the Rangers to make the playoffs, you fully expected to be in the final 4 teams left, there for this was not a surprise and everyone should have expected it. I mean 4th seeds in the Atlantic always make ot this far

• Thumb Down 1

Lets hope Igor stays healthy and doesnt get hurt like Davidson did before the Canadians series.

Stop being so sensitive.  Its sports

Dave Maloney accidentally slashed JD in the back of the legs after Maloney made a boneheaded play that led directly to a goal in game one of the finals I I recall correctly JD never was the same after that and Canadians ran off 4 straight victories 

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I just showed him what you wrote.

He said "That's  fine, he doesn't  care what you think either. Lol

So not only did you expect the Rangers to make the playoffs, you fully expected to be in the final 4 teams left, there for this was not a surprise and everyone should have expected it. I mean 4th seeds in the Atlantic always make ot this far

Yes, I expected the Rangers to make the playoffs.

I figured they'd beat the Pens, because the Rangers are a better team.  I figured the 2nd round against the Canes would be a battle and they would be hard pressed to win but they could.  They did finish behind the Canes but only a few points behind.  So yes, there was no reason to think they couldn't be part of the last 4.  You can think I'm crazy but I dont know why anyone would be shocked that they've made it this far

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Except the Islanders made the ECF or their equivalent the prior two seasons and they are a New York team last time I checked. And they did it against starting goalies as opposed to the third stringers the Rangers have faced so far. 

Come on, you can't be serious.  No one expected the Rangers to have the season they've had thus far...very young team playing like they've been to this dance.  I don't know how far they'll get, but I'm enjoying it...kind of like if the Jets make the leap this season.

Yes, I expected the Rangers to make the playoffs.

I figured they'd beat the Pens, because the Rangers are a better team.  I figured the 2nd round against the Canes would be a battle and they would be hard pressed to win but they could.  They did finish behind the Canes but only a few points behind.  So yes, there was no reason to think they couldn't be part of the last 4.  You can think I'm crazy but I dont know why anyone would be shocked that they've made it this far

Nobody expected this. Nobody. Find me one expert prediction the Rangers would be in this position from the start of the playoffs.  You won't  because right now they have shocked everyone. Not saying they don't  deserve to be there but a team this young who hasn't  played together very long  do not make runs like this and anyone who said they saw this coming is full of 💩

• Thumb Down 1

Nobody expected this. Nobody. Find me one expert prediction the Rangers would be in this position from the start of the playoffs.  You won't  because right now they have shocked everyone. Not saying they don't  deserve to be there but a team this young who hasn't  played together very long  do not make runs like this and anyone who said they saw this coming is full of 💩

Are you kidding?  There were favorites over the Pens and barely finished second to the Canes.  They also have the best G in the league this year.  No one is shocked except hurt Islander fans.  

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Are you kidding?  There were favorites over the Pens and barely finished second to the Canes.  They also have the best G in the league this year.  No one is shocked except hurt Islander fans.  

You are so full of it. 

Yeah, I'm so hurt. That's  why I have been rooting for them since they got out of rd 1 with that miracle comeback from the dead. 

• Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

5fd92b421803a80018adfa0b?width=1000&form

I so love that show. 

Dwight  would have reported to Michael if Jim (not sure that's  his name) didn't  agree with him and they would have had an office intervention team Ranger building meeting.