OT - Lets Go Rangers! (Stanley Cup Run)

At my older daughters lax game tonight and another dad, who is a Rangers fan and knows I am said "If you had told me at the start of the season they'd make the playoffs, I'd say awesome. If you told me they'd be in the final four, GTFOOH!" Igor playing great and kid line showing experience doesn't necessarily matter if you have heart. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jets Things said:

At my older daughters lax game tonight and another dad, who is a Rangers fan and knows I am said "If you had told me at the start of the season they'd make the playoffs, I'd say awesome. If you told me they'd be in the final four, GTFOOH!" Igor playing great and kid line showing experience doesn't necessarily matter if you have heart. 

Love watching these young kids with heart!!!!  I want this for the Jets.  Young kids who want to win. Yet we have Becton not showing up. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Looking good. 9 days off. I expect better on Friday.

Always excuses.

Id rather have 9 days off and rest at this time of the year.  They just got smoked.  Happens

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Always excuses.

Id rather have 9 days off and rest at this time of the year.  They just got smoked.  Happens

Never underestimate the heart of a champion. Long series ahead.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Always excuses.

Valiquette just said the rangers are making teams use “their excuse”

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I'm not, its not going to be easy, this is a really good team theyre up against.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Valiquette just said the rangers are making teams use “their excuse”

Great line.

If the Rangers lost some would have said the Lightning were well rested.  Or the Rangers were tired.  

I'll go with Messier who said he'd rather have the 9 days off at this time of the year.  

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I am going to start a Florida Covid thread to distract if things go south for the Rangers lol.

• Haha 1

On 5/31/2022 at 7:45 AM, talisaynon said:

They’re just a ******* good team I put 100 on them +2200 when they smoked Florida earlier in the season. They have such good players and if they ever figure it out they will win a cup.

lo and behold the kid line is starting to amp up…  we’ll see what happens but I think even if they don’t win it this year they’re a veteran center away from winning it all

Not sure what piece they are missing, but it’s been a great run this year. They really have put it together for such a young team.  Right now, we on FIRE 🔥 and Shesterkin is playing lights out.  These Rangers will be a force to be reckoned with for many years to come.  They are scary talented and their GM Drury is pulling all the right strings.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, RoadFan said:

The shift on goal #4 was just magnificent 

Agreed…. They owned the boards on that shift.

I personally loved the Zibs goal as they continued to Tee it up for him. Great puck movement and he just fired away time-after-time-after-time!

Panarin’s goal was such a beauty  The feed behind him, he leans back on his back skate to elevate that puck over the goalie’s shoulder  He needs to pull the trigger more like Zibs  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

Agreed…. They owned the boards on that shift.

I personally loved the Zibs goal as they continued to Tee it up for him. Great puck movement and he just fired away time-after-time-after-time!

Panarin’s goal was such a beauty  The feed behind him, he leans back on his back skate to elevate that puck over the goalie’s shoulder  He needs to pull the trigger more like Zibs  

All my years of watching and playing hockey, not sure I have ever seen a "trifecta" attempt like that.   Third time was a charm.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

On 5/31/2022 at 8:26 AM, islesmb said:

Now they have to face a real team and the best goalie in the world, LG Tampa! 

Please make more predictions, you're our good iuck charm with your takes

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I am an oilers fan but i hope the rangers beat the hell out of tampa.  Hate tampa and their cap manipulation cheating.

Can’t believe the NHL and the other teams haven’t done something about that BS.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Not sure what piece they are missing, but it’s been a great run this year. They really have put it together for such a young team.  Right now, we on FIRE 🔥 and Shesterkin is playing lights out.  These Rangers will be a force to be reckoned with for many years to come.  They are scary talented and their GM Drury is pulling all the right strings.  

Patrice Bergeron as 2C instead of Strome.

That's a dynasty right there.

• Upvote 1

Not going to start making reservations yet for the finals. I totally expect Tampa to come out firing on all cylinders tomorrow night. 

Until a team loses a home game I don't want to hear anything.

Great job last night. Now go do it again tomorrow.

• Upvote 2

On 5/31/2022 at 1:01 PM, Jet Nut said:

I know how good the Islanders have been.  I'm saying no one cares about the Islanders now.  So talk trash about two years ago or the 1980-1983 cups, they're irrelevant today.  39 years ago and youre talking trash about the Rangers cups?  

As for being an original 6 and what it means, sorry you dont get it but players like Panarin do

You and I usually agree on most things, but you are being disingenuous here.  Think about it.  History doesn't matter unless it's your team's history?  The past doesn't matter unless it's you're talking about my team's past. The Islanders' dynasty years are in the past and are irrelevant, but the Rangers legacy as an original 6 team makes them special?  I've been a hockey all my life, going back to the 60s.  Nobody really cares about "the original 6" except the fans of the original 6.  And most of the fans of the original 6 were not alive when there was an original 6.  And I would say it's even money that Panarin, a young foreign born player, doesn't know or care about the original 6.  

If you want to take the view that how many cups a team has won in the past is irrelevant to this year's playoffs, I agree.  But then a team's status as a member of the original 6 is similarly irrelevant. At this point, many teams outside of the original 6 have a history that is long and impressive as well.  Don't denigrate some team's pasts while elevating others just because they started playing before 1967.

Enjoy the playoffs and your team's run.  It doesn't have to be a zero sum game. 

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

You and I usually agree on most things, but you are being disingenuous here.  Think about it.  History doesn't matter unless it's your team's history?  The past doesn't matter unless it's you're talking about my team's past. The Islanders' dynasty years are in the past and are irrelevant, but the Rangers legacy as an original 6 team makes them special?  I've been a hockey all my life, going back to the 60s.  Nobody really cares about "the original 6" except the fans of the original 6.  And most of the fans of the original 6 were not alive when there was an original 6.  And I would say it's even money that Panarin, a young foreign born player, doesn't know or care about the original 6.  

If you want to take the view that how many cups a team has won in the past is irrelevant to this year's playoffs, I agree.  But then a team's status as a member of the original 6 is similarly irrelevant. At this point, many teams outside of the original 6 have a history that is long and impressive as well.  Don't denigrate some team's pasts while elevating others just because they started playing before 1967.

Enjoy the playoffs and your team's run.  It doesn't have to be a zero sum game. 

Hold up, I never said history isn’t important.  He was busting balls that the Rangers have 4 cups. Well so do the Islanders.  I remember those great Islander teams.  But my point was they were a hell of a long time ago so don’t use your 4 cups in fewer years to trash talk.  
Panarin was offered more money by the Islanders and I think Philly than what the Rangers had available but he signed with the Rangers.  He said to play on an original 6.  As Messier has also said many times, to some it is a thing

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

All my years of watching and playing hockey, not sure I have ever seen a "trifecta" attempt like that.   Third time was a charm.

He has the hot hand and that's "his shot"

I expect TB to make some adjustments on the PK to neutralize him. That's why Panarin needs to ascert himself and shoot more.

• Upvote 2