OT - Lets Go Rangers! (Stanley Cup Run)

4 hours ago, GangGreened said:

Absolutely brutal to be up 2-0 and lose 3-2 having them in that spot. Bad feeling Tampa is going to win game 4 in convincing fashion  

Ye of little faith. It was a bad bad loss. Dumb penalties, didn’t execute on the PP and just lost focus after they went up 2-0. Bad yes. BUT, this may just be what they needed. A lesson. You can’t just glide through a playoff game. How we play in game 4 will speak volumes on the character of this team. Yea we came back facing elimination vs. Penguins down 3-1, and vs. Canes 3-2, but this loss was different. It was a game we had in hand. We had dominated the series and doing everything right. A golden opportunity thrown down the drain. So, what happens next? Do we allow TB to build momentum or do the Rangers drive a stake through their hearts? Game 4 will be a battle and I firmly believe we bounce back strong and head back to NY with the chance to clinch to play in the Finals ? 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Avs vs Oilers!!

Rangers/Lighting will have their hands full. Offensively these guys are lightout.

Watching the Avs / Oilers series the Rangers can beat the Avs based on our huge advantage with Shesterkin in goal  Mike Smith was absolutely atrocious between the pipes for the Oilers. He handled the puck as if it were a grenade. coming at him. Big bounce back game from the boys tonight and Rangers clinch Thursday night at MSG?

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, CSNY said:

Watching the Avs / Oilers series the Rangers can beat the Avs based on our huge advantage with Shesterkin in goal  Mike Smith was absolutely atrocious between the pipes for the Oilers. He handled the puck as if it were a grenade. coming at him. Big bounce back game from the boys tonight and Rangers clinch Thursday night at MSG?

Thanks for the insight. So that series was more about lousy goaltending/defense over high power offense? As no lead seems safe watching those guys.

1 minute ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Thanks for the insight. So that series was more about lousy goaltending/defense over high power offense? As no lead seems safe watching those guys.

Was specifically speaking about the Edmonton Oilers and just how bad Smith was in goal. His play was a large reason that the Oilers got swept. The Avalanche are a good team no doubt but the Oilers made them look the Montreal Canadians of yesteryear. Shesterkin gives the Rangers a real good to chance to win. Plus the Avs goalie Francouz isn’t a world beater either 

14 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Ye of little faith. It was a bad bad loss. Dumb penalties, didn’t execute on the PP and just lost focus after they went up 2-0. Bad yes. BUT, this may just be what they needed. A lesson. You can’t just glide through a playoff game. How we play in game 4 will speak volumes on the character of this team. Yea we came back facing elimination vs. Penguins down 3-1, and vs. Canes 3-2, but this loss was different. It was a game we had in hand. We had dominated the series and doing everything right. A golden opportunity thrown down the drain. So, what happens next? Do we allow TB to build momentum or do the Rangers drive a stake through their hearts? Game 4 will be a battle and I firmly believe we bounce back strong and head back to NY with the chance to clinch to play in the Finals ? 

Those first 2 series we proved we could play when our backs were up against the wall.  This series is an entirely different thing because we're ahead.  Tonight is going to be a very interesting game.  

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Do I cashout or keep going?

Screenshot_20220606-233645_BetRivers PA.jpg

Maybe cash one wager to get your initial investment back then let the others ride. When others hit it’s still a nice payday 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

15 hours ago, CSNY said:

Would LOVE to win tonite and go back to THE JUNGLE!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

On 6/5/2022 at 8:24 PM, JustEndTheSuffering said:

So I can’t criticize them for not playing well after a loss? I never said that cost us the series. You and another poster didn’t like what I said about our third period, well would you say we played well in the third? No you wouldn’t. 

No saying it was a pathetic display isn’t the same as saying what actually happened, they were outplayed.  The Rangers looked a little tired in the 3rd.
It’s easy to think you watched a pathetic display when a team blows a 2-1 lead in the 3rd when you forget you’re watching a desperate 2 time champion trying to hold on out of desperation.  

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Do I cashout or keep going?

Screenshot_20220606-233645_BetRivers PA.jpg

Not sure there's any rush for you to make that decision right now.  If the Rangers win tonight, you'll get paid even more for a cash out (though I'd hold off on even considering cashing any of these if we're up 3 game to 1.  Maybe if Tampa tied the series at 3).  

15 hours ago, CSNY said:

Just heard that on Sunday Shesterkin faced 52 shots, made 49 saves, 9 off his blocker all to the corner, 5 glove hand catches without a drop and only 4 rebounds.  

He was amazing on Sunday

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Just heard that on Sunday Shesterkin faced 52 shots, made 49 saves, 9 off his blocker all to the corner, 5 glove hand catches without a drop and only 4 rebounds.  

He was amazing on Sunday

With the exception of the two Pittsburgh games where he was pulled there is a reason why he’s the leading contender for the Vezina Trophy, in the conversation for the Hart as well and the main reason Rangers are in the Eastern Conference Final he’s been outstanding all year 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Not sure there's any rush for you to make that decision right now.  If the Rangers win tonight, you'll get paid even more for a cash out (though I'd hold off on even considering cashing any of these if we're up 3 game to 1.  Maybe if Tampa tied the series at 3).  

If the Rangers go up 3-1, then the buy out will increase. At that point, you might as well keep going. Tied at 2-2 and the cashout will basically be around .85 to .95 cents on the dollar from the wager. So my $25 wager that can be cashed out for $106 may reduce down to $20-25. 

53 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No saying it was a pathetic display isn’t the same as saying what actually happened, they were outplayed.  The Rangers looked a little tired in the 3rd.
It’s easy to think you watched a pathetic display when a team blows a 2-1 lead in the 3rd when you forget you’re watching a desperate 2 time champion trying to hold on out of desperation.  

That’s exactly what I mean by pathetic display. The Rangers got totally outplayed in the third it’s fine to admit that. Being tired and a desperate opponent isn’t an excuse. Enough of that now we’re on to game 4. Have to win tonight. 

If the Rangers continue to play on their heels, Tampa is going to destroy them.  Tampa is taking it to them in every facet of the game, and despite a last minute 4th line for the rangers, they had zero sustained offensive zone pressure.

On 6/6/2022 at 10:56 PM, Maynard13 said:

I take back that POTW

Rangers never felt like a threat at all this game 

10 hours ago, GangGreened said:

I take back that POTW

Rangers never felt like a threat at all this game 

Terrible game. Just had no desire it seemed. Played the coolest game at the slowest pace I’ve ever seen any team ever play. Hopefully they bounce back at home like they did against Penguins ? and Hurricanes ? I’m still believing!

• Upvote 3

On 6/5/2022 at 8:58 AM, CSNY said:

Been a Rangers fan since I was in forth grade and all time favorite player was Rod Gilbert since I had written a fan letter to him and he responded by sending an autographed photo of himself and I was beyond excited and thrilled. Also randomly met him a few times when I got older but the first time I met him he was walking on Madison Avenue and I was completely star struck. He stopped and was so gracious and friendly just a real real great guy. Told him about the photo and he seemed genuinely grateful that I would remember that from so long ago. 
Now to the topic at hand which is I can’t stand the Islanders as they broke all Rangers fans collective hearts far to many time starting with JP Parise’s goal in OT to the them winning the Stanley Cup all those years. But all Rangers fans will fondly remember beating them in six games in 79 to advance to the Finals. It was a time that the only way to see games was either have a ticket or go to a bar in Manhattan since the Boros weren’t wired for cable at the time. Bar we went to was the Blarney Stone on 59 street between 2nd & 3rd and what a great ten days of partying the city was just buzzing with anticipation of the games and rocking during them 

One game there was a very loud very obnoxious group of about 5 Islander fans in a bar packed full of Rangers fans and they just wouldn’t shut the hell up. After many threats that this group of five was going to kick all of our Rangers fans collective asses they wound up going through the big plate glass window in front of the bar and wound up bloodied and face down on 59 street    I guess what I am trying to say is The Rangers Islanders rivalry is one of the most intense if not the number one rivalry in professional sports. It’s great when they face each other especially in the playoffs. Boy do I miss those days 

Let’s go to the videotape!

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1