Watching 2022 NFL Draft Streams

I have watched about 4 of them so far and they have been really interesting.

I watched one by a Dallas Cowboys steamer name Voch Lomardi. It was surprisingly insightful. He must be pretty big as Colin Cowherd was on.

ESPN did one separate from their broadcast. It was very good especially when Mina Kines was still there. She was very insightful.

TDN had one that was pretty great. Like 6 guys discussing things in surprising depth.

Chat Sports was pretty useless. 

Watching PFF one now.

Some interesting tidbits:

Almost no one thought we were taking an EDGE at 10, though some thought we should.

Most had Stingley above Sauce. 

JJ was not generally rated high (TDN had him high)

Most thought Jameson was the best WR.

None of the streams I watched had Breece as RB#1 and some thought he has high bust potential but they also think he is a "Shanahan" offense only fit.

Overall it made me a little fearful that as much as we love our draft it is still fraught with risk. But still really interesting to watch sort of knowing what happens.

I used to watch voch on YouTube a lot a couple years ago. He had more focus on the draft back then. Even had a fb group. Eventually he started focusing on cowboys content and the fb group was overrun by children starting drama. 

Chat sports is pretty trash 

I watch a few as well, but it's hard to get a consensus because team fits vary wildly for prospects.  I think these guys that mostly do it for YT style do it with teams/philosophies they are familiar with, which causes variation.  

I've found myself looking more for fantasy guys, which tend to skew more towards analytics, and then film breakdowns that deal more with scouting.  Then just combine them with my own scouting, and go from there. 

Streams I've watched so far:

The Franchise Guy

Bootleg Football

Bleacher Report

Voch is great even though he’s kinda hit it big time and is now basically a national Cowboys correspondent.

The way he watches film is very insightful without being boring. It’s had a huge effect on how I watch film. He’s essentially the anti-Joe Blewitt. Voch doesn’t just repeat some meaningless terms to emphasize that he learned the vernacular, instead he talks about traits and win style and repeatability. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Voch is great even though he’s kinda hit it big time and is now basically a national Cowboys correspondent.

The way he watches film is very insightful without being boring. It’s had a huge effect on how I watch film. He’s essentially the anti-Joe Blewitt. Voch doesn’t just repeat some meaningless terms to emphasize that he learned the vernacular, instead he talks about traits and win style and repeatability. 

I find that he's particularly insightful with lineman and can appreciate that he actually grinds tape to form an opinion as to opposed to a lot of other media types who clearly just echo sentiments. Though I really only watch his non-cowboys stuff and that's harder to find nowadays.

On 5/31/2022 at 1:20 PM, johnnysd said:

I have watched about 4 of them so far and they have been really interesting.

I watched one by a Dallas Cowboys steamer name Voch Lomardi. It was surprisingly insightful. He must be pretty big as Colin Cowherd was on.

ESPN did one separate from their broadcast. It was very good especially when Mina Kines was still there. She was very insightful.

TDN had one that was pretty great. Like 6 guys discussing things in surprising depth.

Chat Sports was pretty useless. 

Watching PFF one now.

Some interesting tidbits:

Almost no one thought we were taking an EDGE at 10, though some thought we should.

Most had Stingley above Sauce. 

JJ was not generally rated high (TDN had him high)

Most thought Jameson was the best WR.

None of the streams I watched had Breece as RB#1 and some thought he has high bust potential but they also think he is a "Shanahan" offense only fit.

Overall it made me a little fearful that as much as we love our draft it is still fraught with risk. But still really interesting to watch sort of knowing what happens.

Voch is really good. He still does a lot of work on the draft. He particularly likes scouting OL players.