Michael Pittman on Matt Ryan Accuracy

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Most underrated player of his generation. Should be a sure fire HOF'er but wont be because Kyle Shanahan lost his f*cking mind. 

Would have been a Jet if Mangini didn't win a needless Week 17 game too. Never forget. 

Matt Ryan lost his first few playoff games 

0 for 3 

He's drafted in 2008 and doesn't win in the playoffs until 2013

Lets be honest if that happens in NYC he's run out of town on a rail before his second contract 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

37 minutes ago, bitonti said:

0 for 3 

Lets be honest if that happens in NYC he's run out of town on a rail before his second contract 

All Pros all over his Offense virtually his entire career.  Wonder how far he would have taken all those Jet teams if they drafted him.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Most underrated player of his generation. Should be a sure fire HOF'er but wont be because Kyle Shanahan lost his f*cking mind. 

Would have been a Jet if Mangini didn't win a needless Week 17 game too. Never forget. 

Not sure that is strong enough crticism of Shanahan. It was almost impossible for them to lose if they just run the ball, take the FG and then snap EVERY single snap with 1 or 2 seconds left on the clock. It was the lamest coaching I may have ever seen.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, bitonti said:

0 for 3 

OK, now do what you think he would have done with those 2009-10 rosters, if we're playing the hypothetical game anyways.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

OK, now do what you think he would have done with those 2009-10 rosters, if we're playing the hypothetical game anyways.

he wasn't good under pressure for the first few years of his contract 

why would that be different? 

43 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So he would have done worse than Mark Sanchez.

Got it.

you mean the all time leading playoff win leader in Jets history that mark sanchez? 

yes he would have done worse 

Matty Ice wasn't very Ice at first. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, bitonti said:

you mean the all time leading playoff win leader in Jets history that mark sanchez? 

yes he would have done worse 

Matty Ice wasn't very Ice at first. 

You mean the guy who was dragged through the postseason by the game’s top defense and running game?

Can’t believe there are still Jets fans out there who think like this over a decade later.  

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You mean the guy who was dragged through the postseason by the game’s top defense and running game?

Can’t believe there are still Jets fans out there who think like this over a decade later.  

This is just false. Go look at those postseason stats. 1155 yards 9tds 3 picks in 5 games 95 passer rating. In the games where they were behind they weren’t on him. He was good in the playoffs. The regular season is a different story 

Compare that to Brady’s first 5 playoff games. 850 yards 3 tds and 2 picks 80ish passer rating 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, BurntDice said:

This is just false. Go look at those postseason stats. 1155 yards 9tds 3 picks in 5 games 95 passer rating. In the games where they were behind they weren’t on him. He was good in the playoffs. The regular season is a different story 

Compare that to Brady’s first 5 playoff games. 850 yards 3 tds and 2 picks 80ish passer rating 

Mark Sanchez once lost a game where his running game went for over 300 yards.

That 2009 team almost missed the playoffs entirely because of your “Mister Clutch”.  So spare me the history lesson because he had a couple passable playoff performances.  YOU could have put up numbers like those with that team. 

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That 2009 team almost missed the playoffs entirely because of your “Mister Clutch”.  So spare me the history lesson because he had a couple passable playoff performances.  YOU could have put up numbers like those with that team. 

You specifically stated playoffs. Don’t change it to the regular season because your argument is incorrect. In the playoffs he was good. 

Just take the L and move on, it’s ok 

27 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

You specifically stated playoffs. Don’t change it to the regular season because your argument is incorrect. In the playoffs he was good. 

Just take the L and move on, it’s ok 

And Matt Ryan would have been better, was my argument.  Defending anything about the Mark Sanchez era, including the argument that his early career was better than friggin Matt Ryan’s, is the only L to be taken by anyone. 

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And Matt Ryan would have been better, was my argument.  Defending anything about the Mark Sanchez era, including the argument that his early career was better than friggin Matt Ryan’s, is the only L to be taken by anyone. 

In the post you made you didn’t mention comparing Sanchez vs Ryan. But if you really want to let’s look at his first 5 playoff games 

1230 yards 9 ints  7 ints 82ish passer rating 

care to keep moving the goalposts?

1 minute ago, BurntDice said:

In the post you made you didn’t mention comparing Sanchez vs Ryan. But if you really want to let’s look at his first 5 playoff games 

1230 yards 9 ints  7 ints 82ish passer rating 

care to keep moving the goalposts?

You don’t think his numbers in the postseason would improve dramatically playing on those Jets teams?  Or is this all just a vacuum to you?

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You don’t think his numbers in the postseason would improve dramatically playing on those Jets teams?  Or is this all just a vacuum to you?

He was in a pass happy offense with one of the best tight ends in history. Would he be better with braylon edwards and Dustin Keller? Doubtful. 

is it really this hard to admit that sanchez was good in the playoffs?

4 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

He was in a pass happy offense with one of the best tight ends in history. Would he be better with braylon edwards and Dustin Keller? Doubtful. 

is it really this hard to admit that sanchez was good in the playoffs?

Balance is crucial in the postseason, especially when you tend to be playing in cold weather and you’re a young QB.  Giving Ryan a running game and defense would have indeed helped his playoff numbers greatly, as it would have allowed things to not fall entirely on the passing game’s shoulders.

Is it really so hard for you to admit Sanchez’s roster is what made Sanchez’s play acceptable for a couple of Sanchez’s postseason games, or are we really going to call the same guy who went 0-fer with a fumble-6 in the 1st half of the Steeler game a “good” playoff QB here?  Is that what we’re doing?  Saying Sanchez was the “better QB” for those teams?  Really?

Tagging in @Bleedin Green here because I feel like I’m taking crazy pills now. 

22 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

The worst part was they scored with like zero time left on the clock, putting them down one pt. The whole crowd was screaming to go for two, win or lose it here, no OT on last game of season. 

41 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Balance is crucial in the postseason, especially when you tend to be playing in cold weather and you’re a young QB.  Giving Ryan a running game and defense would have indeed helped his playoff numbers greatly, as it would have allowed things to not fall entirely on the passing game’s shoulders.

Is it really so hard for you to admit Sanchez’s roster is what made Sanchez’s play acceptable for a couple of Sanchez’s postseason games, or are we really going to call the same guy who went 0-fer with a fumble-6 in the 1st half of the Steeler game a “good” playoff QB here?  Is that what we’re doing?  Saying Sanchez was the “better QB” for those teams?  Really?

They did have balance…in 2010 they had 1891 rushing yards which was 12th in the league. They also had had a top 10 defense. 
Ryan just sucked in the playoffs that year. 186 yards 1 td  and 2 ints. 

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sanchez was good in 1 out of 6 playoff games.  That's it.

In 2009:

vs Cincy - Wasn't bad, but entirely irrelevant as they simply didn't throw the ball.  Running game and D completely dominated.
vs Chargers - Horrifically awful.  The team won 100% completely in spite of him, as he had to get dragged kicking and screaming to victory.  Shut-out in the first half.
vs Indy - Threw one go-route to Edwards, and did absolutely nothing for the rest of the game.  Shut-out in 3 of 4 quarters.  Proven to be totally useless once Greene got hurt and the run game couldn't completely carry the O.

In 2010:
vs Indy - Completely sucked vs them again, but this time defense and running game dragged him to victory against the Colts as well.  Yet once again shut-out in the first half.
vs NE - Great game all around from the entire team, including Sanchez.  I'll never take that away from him, but he also didn't win it by himself, for those trying to push a narrative.
vs Pitts - Unmitigated disaster.  Just barely snuck away from another first half-shut, but instead had the honor of getting more points for the Steelers' in that half, which was also single-handedly greater than the margin of defeat.  The scapegoated Jets D meanwhile allowed only 17 points, scored 2, got 3 turnovers, and pitched a second-half shut-out.  Meanwhile, still down by 2 scores Sanchez ate up half of the 4th quarter with a useless drive that ended in 0 points.  Anyone using this game as some great Sanchez defense cannot be taken seriously on any football topic ever.

@Jetsfan80 I miss anything?

• Post of the Week 1

16 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That's bad but maybe not as bad as the game the fins lost with a TOP over 45 minutes

Matt Ryan is one of the most overrated QBs of this generation. He made a career out of putting up stats in the regular season while mostly playing from behind. In every season of his career, he’s played with at least one all-pro “weapinz” and in a few seasons, multiple. He played with a GOAT TE, an elite WR, and a handful of other really good receivers that were able to produce without Ryan as well either before or after their time playing with him. He consistently had good OLs, good rushing attacks, and at least for the first 10 years of his career he consistently had good defenses. Put it all together, and the guy has 0 rings and only 1 truly elite season to his name.

His reputation amongst NFL fans and media is mind-boggling to me and has been since he was at BC. I’d say he is one of the more obvious examples of fantasy football skewing people’s perceptions of a player, because he really has never been good in big games or in big situations within games, despite having strong teams to work with for the majority of his career.

2 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

Sanchez was good in 1 out of 6 playoff games.  That's it.

In 2009:

vs Cincy - Wasn't bad, but entirely irrelevant as they simply didn't throw the ball.  Running game and D completely dominated.
vs Chargers - Horrifically awful.  The team won 100% completely in spite of him, as he had to get dragged kicking and screaming to victory.  Shut-out in the first half.
vs Indy - Threw one go-route to Edwards, and did absolutely nothing for the rest of the game.  Shut-out in 3 of 4 quarters.  Proven to be totally useless once Greene got hurt and the run game couldn't completely carry the O.

In 2010:
vs Indy - Completely sucked vs them again, but this time defense and running game dragged him to victory against the Colts as well.  Yet once again shut-out in the first half.
vs NE - Great game all around from the entire team, including Sanchez.  I'll never take that away from him, but he also didn't win it by himself, for those trying to push a narrative.
vs Pitts - Unmitigated disaster.  Just barely snuck away from another first half-shut, but instead had the honor of getting more points for the Steelers' in that half, which was also single-handedly greater than the margin of defeat.  The scapegoated Jets D meanwhile allowed only 17 points, scored 2, got 3 turnovers, and pitched a second-half shut-out.  Meanwhile, still down by 2 scores Sanchez ate up half of the 4th quarter with a useless drive that ended in 0 points.  Anyone using this game as some great Sanchez defense cannot be taken seriously on any football topic ever.

@Jetsfan80 I miss anything?

Season 3 Reaction GIF by The Office

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Matt Ryan is one of the most overrated QBs of this generation. He made a career out of putting up stats in the regular season while mostly playing from behind. In every season of his career, he’s played with at least one all-pro “weapinz” and in a few seasons, multiple. He played with a GOAT TE, an elite WR, and a handful of other really good receivers that were able to produce without Ryan as well either before or after their time playing with him. He consistently had good OLs, good rushing attacks, and at least for the first 10 years of his career he consistently had good defenses. Put it all together, and the guy has 0 rings and only 1 truly elite season to his name.

His reputation amongst NFL fans and media is mind-boggling to me and has been since he was at BC. I’d say he is one of the more obvious examples of fantasy football skewing people’s perceptions of a player, because he really has never been good in big games or in big situations within games, despite having strong teams to work with for the majority of his career.

I'd love to have an overrated QB here

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'd love to have an overrated QB here

Well in theory, you could still consider many Jets' QBs overrated if you include the terrible ones that were qualified as "not bad" or inexplicably better (as seen above).

But yeah, the Ryan level of overrated would still be the GOAT around here, considering all of the fawning that goes on for the likes of Pennington who was indisputably worse across the board at every one of the things Ryan is considered overrated for doing.

• Upvote 1

On 6/1/2022 at 8:06 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Surely, but you could make that inference about almost any other starring QB at a the time....