Another offseason activity, another no-show from Becton

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

People are pissed at Becton because he just missed a full season.

Some people lied about him being out of shape to start camp last year and people who didn't like the pick were all too happy to spend all season repeating that lie.

We know he's putting in the work with one of the most respected OL guys in the country.

As long as we keep seeing video clips of him slimming down and busting his ass  I couldn't care less about him skipping OTA's to be with his kid.

Now...if he hadn't just had a kid and we had no idea if he was working out or playing video games, I'd be on board with questioning the guy.  But at this point it's just silly.

We'll revisit this when Zach is crumpled and broken on the turf, Connor McDermott is looking on helplessly and Mekhi is eating a twinkie on the sideline.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

To be fair, as is often the case with baseless opinions, the loudest voices are drowning out the 90% of fans who still believe in him.

Yes, those fans will claim to have always supported him when he bounces back, but what fan base doesn't have a handful of people who behave that way?

I believe Tom Brady is the Devil. 

What happens to the fans on his bandwagon if he busts?  

• Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, freestater said:

We'll revisit this when Zach is crumpled and broken on the turf, Connor McDermott is looking on helplessly and Mekhi is eating a twinkie on the sideline.

Becton just missed a full season, did he not?  Was Zach crumpled on the turf all season?  I seem to recall him playing a fair number of snaps.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

I appreciate your rationale response and I remember vividly the excitement I received seeing the poll you created knowing Jets fans werent all a bunch of blockhead non-believers.  And while I'm sure other fanbases have similar fans, I hold our fanbase to higher level of expectations and I'm disappointed by the loud vocal minorities behavior toward Mekhi.  

Once Mekhi lives up to his potential, I will allow these haters to have a 1 time penance and then, and only then, will they be allowed back in the Mekhi Pancake Fanclub.

Though one of his biggest early critics, I fully believe when he looks down at that massive precious bundle of joy that “Big Poppa” juice gonna begin to flow and he’s gonna bounce back like a Bumble this year. Top 10 in his position. Book it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

47 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Though one of his biggest early critics, I fully believe when he looks down at that massive precious bundle of joy that “Big Poppa” juice gonna begin to flow and he’s gonna bounce back like a Bumble this year. Top 10 in his position. Book it. 

Dr. Crushlove knows what it's like to be the fountain...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, thebuzzardman said:

Becton probably fried the placenta and ate it. 

I'm trying to make the most inappropriate remark here and it's tough to beat some of the earlier entries. 

Not enough implicit resentment of a black guy who made more money in his signing bonus than most of the angry chorus of fans have made in their lives. Bonus points for expressing it as if you actually wrote the check and thus Benton’s off-season regimen has to pass muster with you or he is all manner of fat bitches and other slights or slurs that stop just short of getting you in trouble with the mods…because he owes you.

• Thumb Down 4

2 hours ago, freestater said:

You're comfortable with Connor McDermott protecting the QB. 

Noted. 

Refusing to catastrophize something is not the same as an endorsement.

Are babies no longer permitted on airplanes?

If being around the baby as as much as possible is important to him, what’s to keep Becton, the baby mama and baby from traveling to NJ for a week or whatever 

Saleh referencing the baby thing just sounds weak and inauthentic

when my kids were born I didn’t just sit at home for a month and give my employer the Heisman

just say he’s not here and when he gets here we’ll let you know 

• Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Are babies no longer permitted on airplanes?

If being around the baby as as much as possible is important to him, what’s to keep Becton, the baby mama and baby from traveling to NJ for a week or whatever 

Saleh referencing the baby thing just sounds weak and inauthentic

when my kids were born I didn’t just sit at home for a month and give my employer the Heisman

just say he’s not here and when he gets here we’ll let you know 

Uhhhh, babies yes. Newborns? Haha, you cray cray. 

2 hours ago, Awesumtenor said:

Not enough implicit resentment of a black guy who made more money in his signing bonus than most of the angry chorus of fans have made in their lives. Bonus points for expressing it as if you actually wrote the check and thus Benton’s off-season regimen has to pass muster with you or he is all manner of fat bitches and other slights or slurs that stop just short of getting you in trouble with the mods…because he owes you.

image.png.1ce0df94fbf9fcce126700aa33d1b018.png

I would have trained her........

31 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Refusing to catastrophize something is not the same as an endorsement.

Its no catastrophe by any means, but it certainly does resemble his offseason last year. The one he himself said was the beginning of a disappointing season. Glad he's learned from past mistakes. 

15 hours ago, Untouchable said:

You know it’s true

Becton probably has a fake tit apparatus strapped to him while breastfeeding, eating ho-ho’s and playing Elden Ring as we speak.

EDIT: Elden Ring is too hardcore for him. It’s Animal Crossing for old sweaty t!ts.

I’ve got you pegged for 167/102 seated.

• Haha 1