Another offseason activity, another no-show from Becton

looks really good’ & said the team won’t make a decision on LT vs RT until everyone gets here then we’ll ‘work through it

Becton playing the "cant lose my job IF I never show up" card.... nice.  4D Chess

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

So when he shows up for mandatory OTAs in two weeks healthy, motivated, and in great shape, what happens to these threads?  

I put whipped cream and sprinkles on them.  Delicious.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

So when he shows up for mandatory OTAs in two weeks healthy, motivated, and in great shape, what happens to these threads?  

That's a Question for the mods/admin.

Twisting your question slightly:

If Becton dominates, I'm assuming everyone who was worried about him (injury prone, overweight, missing workouts, playing video games, calling himself "big bust" on social media, work ethic, etc.) will be happy they were wrong.

If ZW plays well and becomes a good NFL Quarterback, I'm assuming those who worried about his ability to play at a high level will be happy they were wrong.

If Mims becomes a contributing, producing NFL receiver, I'm assuming those who thought he had no future will be happy they were wrong.

So forth and so on.

These type of thread are never going to stop. Sports pundits and fans are right around 50% of the time (Or less if your name is Colin Cowherd or Stephen A. Smith).

• Upvote 1

The NFL has gone from dudes like “Bronco Nagurski” who made so little coin playing football (with leather “helmets” for protection) that they had to take on offseason blue collar just to make ends meet….

To 2022 with this CBA where even showing up is “voluntary” and a guy like Deshaun Watson can sexually assault dozens of women and get paid in full for an entire season (‘21) to do absolutely nothing.

After getting paid millions to do nothing, he gets a fully guaranteed 250M deal or whatever from the Browns with financial protections in place in the event he is ever suspended.

18 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

If Becton dominates, I'm assuming everyone who was worried about him (injury prone, overweight, missing workouts, playing video games, calling himself "big bust" on social media, work ethic, etc.) will be happy they were wrong.

If ZW plays well and becomes a good NFL Quarterback, I'm assuming those who worried about his ability to play at a high level will be happy they were wrong.

If Mims becomes a contributing, producing NFL receiver, I'm assuming those who thought he had no future will be happy they were wrong.

You drastically overestimate some of the posters here.  

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, nycdan said:

Meanwhile....across town...The Giants shiny new DE is training for the tour de France while dreaming about giant spleefs.

image.png

Who could have seen that coming?

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

He’s still rehabbing on a 4-6 week injury from week 1 last year. 
Counting on this guy to be anything more than a check casher this year would be the height of irresponsibility from JD.   

I was convinced we had to take Ickey at #4 (even though I wanted Sauce). I'm assuming JD isn't banking on Becton (Becton might come back and play well, but it would be irresponsible to not have a sure contingency plan) . So there has to be a plan (I doubt the plan is "Max Mitchell is ready"). JD has proven that he can make some intelligent moves. We'll see what happens.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

I was convinced we had to take Ickey at #4 (even though I wanted Sauce). I'm assuming JD isn't banking on Becton (Becton might come back and play well, but it would be irresponsible to not have a sure contingency plan) . So there has to be a plan (I doubt the plan is "Max Mitchell is ready"). JD has proven that he can make some intelligent moves. We'll see what happens.

They mover up to take AVT last year. I’m sure they have enough confidence in his athleticism to move to RT. He’s a hard worker it seems and there are bigger bucks to be made at tackle anyways. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

They mover up to take AVT last year. I’m sure they have enough confidence in his athleticism to move to RT. He’s a hard worker it seems and there are bigger bucks to be made at tackle anyways. 

AVT to tackle? I hadn't thought of that or heard of that possibility? I know he played different positions in college.

Who then goes to guard? It sounds like Jets like the idea of having one of the the best guard combos in the league (AVT-Tomlinson). 

12 hours ago, ZachEY said:

I’m sure it’s happened plenty, but trying to remember a coach disliking one of his own players this much…

Wait, the meat head grinder that works out 2x a day and puts in 16+ hour days away from his wife and 6 kids is displeased with the 22 year old entitled millionaire thats too fat and lazy to show up to do the bare minimum at work?

Shocking!!