Revis, DBrick, and Mangold going into Ring of Honor

3 hours ago, Trotter said:

read the title and was thrilled but admittedly a little put off with Revis.

Without a doubt his play on the field is 1000% deserving. He was simply magical when Revis island was at its peak.

From a personal perspective and the way he handled his business with the Jets - that is where the negativity comes from and being perfectly honest - he was 100% in his rights to handle as a business. I just didn't like the holdouts and constant wining over his contract.   

Agreed . Revis as a Jet was not ring of fame worthy . Besides , Who wants a guy who left our team for a ring and came back out of shape , in the ring ?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Agreed . Revis as a Jet was not ring of fame worthy . Besides , Who wants a guy who left our team for a ring and came back out of shape , in the ring ?

Jets fans need their heads examines sometimes lol. Revis is the best player to ever wear the uniform 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 5

Just now, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Not a chance in hell. Who was better ? ALL THE 1969 TEAM , Freeman McNeil , Curtis Martin , Joe Klecko , Al Toon , etc etc etc  

Revis is better than all of them, he’s arguably the best corner of all time up there with Deion 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

I am not saying he is not ring of honor worthy - he without question is.

10 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Yeah... Im with you BUT the guy was beyond incredible. I won't wear his jersey, I wouldn't walk across the street to meet him but he was incredible and incredibly selfish. 

And you sum it up perfectly. For as great a player as he was - there should not be even a remote question of favor to him going in - yet for some and I include myself - there is a little bit of negativity because of the constant BS he brought with him.

I will be at the game and applaud him for going in - just not with the same enthusiasm as i did for Byrd, Martin or Chrebet and will for Dbrick and Mangold 

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Really glad DBrick is on the list, feel like he was an underrated player and often maybe not appreciated as much as he should have been.  Everyone loves Mangold and that traitor Mevi$ Slouch, rightfully so but DBrick missed one snap his entire career and that was on a last second lateral play where he was pulled.  Just a great reliable player.

I'm still fighting with @Sperm Edwards about how DBrick contract was a good value

Meanwhile they haven't really filled the job since he retired 

I have a sinking feeling that we're going to wish for more reliable tackles this season as well 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Well only one of those guys will be making the real hall of fame and it’s not gonna be Mangold or Brick 

Nick Mangold was a 7x pro bowler and 2x all pro 

Darrelle Revis was a 7x pro bowler and 4x all pro and 1x sb champ 

Revis has a better resume than Mangold but it's not by much. Mangold was at one point the best center in the game, similar to Revis being the best cb in the game. 

I'd say these two are on the same tier more or less 

17 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Revis has a better resume than Mangold but it's not by much. Mangold was at one point the best center in the game, similar to Revis being the best cb in the game. 

Mangold was a center. Revis took the opponents best WR out of the game 

19 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Kevin Mawee in 98 had a better season in terms of impact on the Jets winning than any season Mangold had.  Revis 2009 season was one of the greatest seasons by any NFL player in the history of the game.  Arguably a Lawrence Taylor impact season.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Mangold was a center. Revis took the opponents best WR out of the game 

I said Revis was slightly better and not going to argue that 

Although it should be noted that Mangold went against prime Vince Wilfork (5x all pro) twice a season and always got the better of him 

What I'm saying is that Revis and Mangold are basically the same tier and if you want to put brick a little lower, that's fair 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Kevin Mawee in 98 had a better season in terms of impact on the Jets winning than any season Mangold had.  Revis 2009 season was one of the greatest seasons by any NFL player in the history of the game.  Arguably a Lawrence Taylor impact season.  

Mawae was great but Mangold was 40 pounds heavier and just as fast... basically redefined what an NFL center looks like 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, slats said:

It’s a business. It’s always a business from management’s side, and we all celebrate when a player is signed to what we perceive to be a good or fair deal, and get upset when they pay too much. I never once had any problem with Revis getting all he could because, frankly, he was worth it. What seems to get lost, too, is that the rookie holdup was Tannenbaum trying to force a sixth year onto his first contract -which was not the norm- and Revis, rightfully, wanting the opportunity to exploit free agency sooner. If the Jets came at him with a five year offer from the start, the protracted negotiations never would’ve been necessary. 

These young men have a very limited window in which to earn the majority of what they are likely to earn over the course of their lifetimes. I won’t always support the idea of the Jets paying that player, but I’ll always support the player getting everything he can. Especially a player as great as Revis. 

It is a business.  But there are also business considerations from the fans' perspective.  That's why we should probably root for the owners in negotiations.  I think it's more likely that ticket prices will go down if players' salaries do, too.  

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It is a business.  But there are also business considerations from the fans' perspective.  That's why we should probably root for the owners in negotiations.  I think it's more likely that ticket prices will go down if players' salaries do, too.  

Players' salaries will never go down and neither will the salary cap 

because the ratings keep going up 

92 of the top 100 broadcasts last year were NFL games 

This endless starving the beast doesn't make sense when the cap goes up like 8 percent every offseason 

3 hours ago, New York Mick said:

One of the best Jet eras of my time. 

Same. Im not old enough to be picky and talk about the NY Sack Exchange era and the magical super bowl run. Revis Island and that amazing OL that allowed to ground and pound is all I got. ?

2 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Well only one of those guys will be making the real hall of fame and it’s not gonna be Mangold or Brick 

You don't think Mangold is a HoF? Maybe not first ballot like Revis. But I think he’ll get in.

Brick I agree is not a HoF. But definitely a Jets legend.

4 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

You don't think Mangold is a HoF? Maybe not first ballot like Revis. But I think he’ll get in.

Brick I agree is not a HoF. But definitely a Jets legend.

I mean do they even put centers in the hall of fame? Who was the last one to be inducted besides Mawae?