Revis, DBrick, and Mangold going into Ring of Honor

Rhg1084

On 6/2/2022 at 2:04 PM, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Agreed . Revis as a Jet was not ring of fame worthy . Besides , Who wants a guy who left our team for a ring and came back out of shape , in the ring ?

Hes the best player to wear a Jet jersey after Namath and is going into the HOF.  Anyone who doesnt get that is kidding themselves.  

He was traded by Idzik to the Bucs because he was afraid he couldn't sign him.  The Bucs released him and then he became a FA.  Only the Pats wanted him and signed him.  He never left the Jets to play for the Pats.  

He played the business end of the NFL and played it well. It pisses people off, most of whom would have done the exact same thing if they were in his position.  Taking money he was worth from an owner isnt selfish or wrong.  Its business.  I've long ago stopped getting pissed because players want to make what they can.  

Best part is I know exactly who will neg rep a post like this, based on actual facts, not that theyre butt hurt because he wanted to get paid.  

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

I mean do they even put centers in the hall of fame? Who was the last one to be inducted besides Mawae?

There have been 3 centers inducted in the last decade. Factoring there’s only 1 center versus 2 guards, centers get in a greater clip than guards but less than tackles.

But this shouldn't be criteria. He has HoF credentials. I don't think he is a shoe in. But i think there’s a good chance.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Same. Im not old enough to be picky and talk about the NY Sack Exchange era and the magical super bowl run. Revis Island and that amazing OL that allowed to ground and pound is all I got. 😂

I’m 50 soon to be 51 and it’s one of the best teams I’ve watched. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, bitonti said:

I'm still fighting with @Sperm Edwards about how DBrick contract was a good value

Meanwhile they haven't really filled the job since he retired 

I have a sinking feeling that we're going to wish for more reliable tackles this season as well 

Your feelings are what matters most, brother. ;) 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Congrats to career-long loyal Jets Mangold (one of my all-time favs) and Brick.  You guys were great to watch.

An honor well deserved!

I actually had a professor from UVA as a patient at the time and all she could say is Brick was one of the most genuine and nicest student she ever had. Mangold, Aunt and Grandma? GOAT! Great time in our life my friend! Haha 

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Will he be going in as a Patriot or....

I mean he was a huge part of that Patriots Super Bowl defense. Jets should’ve just signed him back when TB released him 

17 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It is a business.  But there are also business considerations from the fans' perspective.  That's why we should probably root for the owners in negotiations.  I think it's more likely that ticket prices will go down if players' salaries do, too.  

Except that player salaries have little to nothing to do with the price of tickets, in football or any sport.  

As for the three players being honored, all deserving for their time on the field with the Jets. 

People have it out for Revis for the holdouts, leaving, coming back as a shell of himself (whos fault is the latter, the player, or the team that signs a guy past his prime?), but on the field, he was dominant.

2 minutes ago, BeaconJet said:

Except that player salaries have little to nothing to do with the price of tickets, in football or any sport.  

As for the three players being honored, all deserving for their time on the field with the Jets. 

People have it out for Revis for the holdouts, leaving, coming back as a shell of himself (whos fault is the latter, the player, or the team that signs a guy past his prime?), but on the field, he was dominant.

Of course player salaries have a lot to do with the price of tickets.  Why wouldn't they?

As far of the rest of your post, I'm not sure why you wrote that to me.  I agree with your points.

Dang, some of you guys act as if Free Agency is this new thing that has changed the face of football as we know it. Revis was one of the best defensive players in the league and wanted to be paid as such.  

All three guys deserve to be honored by the Jets. With a few exceptions, the days of great one-team players are behind us. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:
17 hours ago, FidelioJet said:
Revis in the ring if honor shows me a team and with no self respect.   Just really sad.  

Still butthurt after all these years ....

And this is why I stopped coming to this site.  

• Upvote 1

Another outstanding job by Post UK Woody.  And having Sanchez in the building to announce it was very cool.

Post UK Woody has become one of the best owners in the league.  

Congrats to brick, revis and mangold.  Well deserved.

Best part is all the universal praise of Mangold's career today.  I can clearly remember some of us arguing with the majority of fan posting Mangold was fat and overweight and was selfish.  Now? 

17 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

download.jpg.3fda21054e6f34993981994d69028fd3.jpgdownload-1.jpg.924a9c6e9ac78f7d7bec57e925221473.jpg

Bum should have stayed unemployed instead of helping the only team to make him a real offer.  He owed that to the Jets.  Meaningless pictures that should bother no one

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Bum should have stayed unemployed instead of helping the only team to make him a real offer.  He owed that to the Jets.  Meaningless pictures that should bother no one

Eh..

He's welcome to make money as much as he wants. But doesn't belong in the Jets Ring of Honor. 

10 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Eh..

He's welcome to make money as much as he wants. But doesn't belong in the Jets Ring of Honor. 

Eh what, he should have met your restrictions, shouldnt have accepted the only deal available to him?  Unemployment would have done what for you and your unfulfilled expectations?  

He belongs in the Ring of Honor over every player not named Namath.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Best part is all the universal praise of Mangold's career today.  I can clearly remember some of us arguing with the majority of fan posting Mangold was fat and overweight and was selfish.  Now? 

I don’t recall any of that. The Revis disrespect was expected, though. 

21 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Best CB I ever saw.  Neon Deion is my #2.  

09 was legendary. Handful of DB’s I’d put ahead of him though. From the holdout in 2010 there always seems to be something after. ‘11 he was great. 12 hurt. 13 in Tampa- remember that? No one does. Pats barf and then took Woody behind the woodshed for a retirement parachute where he mailed it in.

I don’t think so Tim

Congrats to Brick, Mangold, and Revi$! Damnit I miss those 09-10 Jets teams!  Their runs were euphoric and I really felt like each one of those teams had the goods to win a Super Bowl. Here's hoping we make it to the big dance soon and win it!

Eh what, he should have met your restrictions, shouldnt have accepted the only deal available to him?  Unemployment would have done what for you and your unfulfilled expectations?  

He belongs in the Ring of Honor over every player not named Namath.  

Let's imagine an alternate version of Lord of the Rings where Sam leaves Frodo mid-walk, goes and fights for Mordor for a year and then helps Sauron kill off the rest of the Fellowship. Then, after that happens, he rejoins Frodo and tells him he's ready to give getting rid of the ring another try. Frodo, desperate for any help, says yes. Then not only do they not even get the ring into the mountain full of lava, but the elves decide "hey, let's put up a plaque here at the elf palace commemorating the first few legs of what Sam did."