Fitzmagic Retires

82 plus million in career earnings.   Very smart guy with limited talent who figured out how to maximize he's value and stick around.  He had some great moments and he seems like he loved being a team mate.  Love to see him get a gig broadcasting.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

Now he is someone I would want to hear in the broadcasting booth.

He played forever, on tons of teams, tons of coaches, tons of different offensive systems.  Very intelligent, went to Harvard, I believe he had the highest Wonderlic score for years.

I think he’d be a natural. I know Fox is going for the A+ name brand with Brady but I’m not so sure his personality will translate to the booth. Never found him terribly interesting when he spoke. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, PS17 said:

I think he’d be a natural. I know Fox is going for the A+ name brand with Brady but I’m not so sure his personality will translate to the booth. Never found him terribly interesting when he spoke. 

Brady tells a story, "yeah, and then, we had all the plays on video, and BB was mean, and we won, and I went home to my super model wife and our goat." 

Fitz has stories about 10 coaches, good teams, bad teams, funny stuff, comebacks, teams that disappointed.  He's more of an every man (ironic, he went to Harvard).   A 7th round pick who lasted 17 years.

Brady doesn't come off as interesting to listen to for 3 hours at a clip once you get past the initial few games.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I know there are a lot of opinions on this guy, but that one season was probably the most excited I’ve watched as a Jets fan in a long time. 

The overtime win against the hated Pats late that season was an all-timer.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

17-year career with 9 teams.  223 career TDs.  Not bad at all, especially for a 7th round pick.

Now he has a Harvard econ degree and a wife who also went to Harvard to lean on.  Not too shabby.

Rest easy, Conquering Hero.

Lean on??? He signed multiple 1 year contracts at 3-6 million. He is LOADED$$$$$.

How many playoff passes has he thrown?

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

People like to hate on him because of the 2016 holdout/contract stuff but...

1) Considering he played in the Ivy League that's a hell of a career.

2) I love the moxie he played with. Tough, hardnosed guy who played football like he loved the game.

3) He's responsible for the best QB season we've seen as Jets fans in the last... 20 years at least?

I wish him well in retirement.

How sad... that your statement may be accurate BUT Mark had a pretty good 2010. We were 11-5 and he played OK.   

4 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

How many playoff passes has he thrown?

3 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

How sad... that your statement may be accurate BUT Mark had a pretty good 2010. We were 11-5 and he played OK.  

Your boy Sanchez may have thrown some playoff TD passes that Fitz never got the chance to, but Fitz's career only just ended whereas Sanchez hasn't thrown an NFL pass since 2018.  Sanchez's career spanned about half the length of Fitz's career, despite the former being a top 5 pick.

I think Fitz wins in the end.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Mark's legacy is that he held back a Super Bowl caliber team, IMO. He didn't play for 17 years for a reason -- when he didn't have an elite team around him he wasn't good, and frankly wasn't very good when he did have a Super Bowl caliber team around him.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Mark's legacy is that he held back a Super Bowl caliber team, IMO. He didn't play for 17 years for a reason -- when he didn't have an elite team around him he wasn't good, and frankly wasn't very good when he did have a Super Bowl caliber team around him.

The love affair with Mark Sanchez makes no friggin sense.  

• Upvote 3