Fitzmagic Retires

25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

My point is he wasn’t a 2nd stringer.  Put some respect on his name, sir.  

He is not the center of my emphasis, he is a journey man that no team benefited long term from his services.  My buddy point is if you need him, your organization shlt the bed.  

45 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

He is not the center of my emphasis, he is a journey man that no team benefited long term from his services.  My buddy point is if you need him, your organization shlt the bed.  

Right.  Which makes it weird why so many hate or strongly dislike Fitzpatrick when that vitriol is clearly misdirected.

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Wilson is an unproven commodity.  Fitz is a proven , 2nd stringer. You want to applaud him,  That's so 2020.

So.....Wilson gonna out perform him, or no?  

It shouldn't be hard to out produce a loser.

Applaud mediocrity. I haven't fallen that low yet.

Good for you?  I think you might just be taking this all far too seriously, with replies like this.  

Plus lets not pretend you haven't backed several Jets QB's who couldn't even get to mediocrity, lol. 

BUT... we agree, EVERY team that hired him is run so poorly, that his mediocrity exceeds our vision.  

Mediocrity, yes.  The kind no drafted Jets QB has been able to equal since Namath.

I'm just waiting for that day, the day a drafted Jets QB can finally outproduce a mediocre loser.  

I'm sure it'll come some day.  

Till then, seems maybe you do like mediocrity more than you care to admit, because I know you've backed some baaaaad horses at QB in our mutual time together.  Probably still think Geno Smith was gonna be a Franchise QB, lol.  If only, if only.

It's ok.  Clearly Fitz and anyone who says anything kind about him puts a legit burr in your ass. 

Which is pretty funny all things considered.  

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

I think what he accomplished is incredible.

Wait, this looks alot like applauding him.  Hmmmmm. 

After all, I never called him "incredible".

Yet, if you state that HE was the best QB your treat has had, your team SUCKS.  That is the problem to be addressed. 

Perhaps aim the vitriol at our Ownership, and their GM's perhaps?  Somehow I don't think Fitz is at fault for this one.

16 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So.....Wilson gonna out perform him, or no?  

It shouldn't be hard to out produce a loser.

Good for you?  I think you might just be taking this all far too seriously, with replies like this.  

Plus lets not pretend you haven't backed several Jets QB's who couldn't even get to mediocrity, lol. 

Mediocrity, yes.  The kind no drafted Jets QB has been able to equal since Namath.

I'm just waiting for that day, the day a drafted Jets QB can finally outproduce a mediocre loser.  

I'm sure it'll come some day.  

Till then, seems maybe you do like mediocrity more than you care to admit, because I know you've backed some baaaaad horses at QB in our mutual time together.  Probably still think Geno Smith was gonna be a Franchise QB, lol.  If only, if only.

It's ok.  Clearly Fitz and anyone who says anything kind about him puts a legit burr in your ass. 

Which is pretty funny all things considered.  

11 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Wait, this looks alot like applauding him.  Hmmmmm. 

After all, I never called him "incredible".

Perhaps aim the vitriol at our Ownership, and their GM's perhaps?  Somehow I don't think Fitz is at fault for this one.

My vitriol is aimed at our ownership.  That a barely serviceable QB, is better than anything we have tabled in 20 years.  And yes, I thought Geno, year 2 would progress.  How wrong was I.  Im not even on the Zach bandwagon.  I can pray…. 

I’d be happy with short term. Then see what happens. This is supposed to be entertainment. It has sucked a donkey dong for a decade.

1 minute ago, jgb said:

I’d be happy with short term. Then see what happens. This is supposed to be entertainment. It has sucked a donkey dong for a decade.

I would argue 2015 hurt us long term.   Showed we could get by with a journeyman.  Desperate GMs wanted to win now, sold out.  We let several good QBs go by, drafted safeties etc…..      Ive never been a short term thinker.  

2 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I would argue 2015 hurt us long term.   Showed we could get by with a journeyman.  Desperate GMs wanted to win now, sold out.  We let several good QBs go by, drafted safeties etc…..      Ive never been a short term thinker.  

And yet we haven’t had a journeyman since. The reason we had Fitz is because we whiffed on Sanchez and Geno. That’s the lesson — don’t whiff on QBs. Simple, right? ;)

Look, I just want meaningful December games. Once we have that, then maybe I’ll get all greedy about it. Sick of having a de facto 7 week season.

• Upvote 2