Report: Zach Wilson has struggled with accuracy in Jets OTAs

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It would have been nice to see if White could be anything more than a poor man's Alex Smith when Wilson was unhealthy.  Benching White in favor of Flacco was inexcusable.

Agreed.

Mike White >>>>>>>>> The Corpse of Joe Flacco

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

I get it and don't agree.  That is all.

Then surely you can list, say, 2-3 people?  

Every single time someone suggests there are "people" rooting for someone to fail, they are never once able to provide a name, let along multiple names.  Not once.  

• Upvote 3

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Every single time someone suggests there are "people" rooting for someone to fail, they are never once able to provide a name, let along multiple names.  Not once.  

You know... them. The same they who are always saying things. You know what they say. And they know who they are.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, ZachEY said:

Many of us were told this about Chad.  Then we were told it about Sanchez.  Then we were told this about Darnold.  Now, we're being told this about Wilson.  And with Wilson, I don't think anyone has completely shut the door on him as of yet.

dont forget about Geno Smith 

the exact moment when all my faith in this franchise was shattered it was when they passed on Jimmy G to draft Jace Amaro, so that Geno could have more weaponz

Davante Adams went 5 picks after Amaro 

the simpsons GIF

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

PatsFanTX and PatsFan_Rob

• Haha 1

They know who they are and that's enough.

I would think the people fighting most vigorously against this all but certain truth are the ones I'm talking about.

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

They know who they are and that's enough.

I would think the people fighting most vigorously against this all but certain truth are the ones I'm talking about.

No, they don't, because they don't exist.  Name names if you disagree.

And around and around we go.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

Dude can't even give us a simple top-3 for scum

Show me proof there aren't any? Where's your proof?

It's stupid.  I don't know you people - I'm not in room with you.  What I know is reactions on this board and there is joy on his failures.  It's clear and obvious.

You know as well as I do there are plenty of people around here that are giddy when Zach fails. 

If you choose to continue to fight this - so be it...If you want to keep going around and around with the same thing fine.  I'll keep playing the game.  If not, stop.

• Thumb Down 2

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Show me proof there aren't any? Where's your proof?

It's stupid.  I don't know you people - I'm not in room with you.  What I know is reactions on this board and there is joy on his failures.  It's clear and obvious.

You know as well as I do there are plenty of people around here that are giddy when Zach fails. 

If you choose to continue to fight this - so be it...If you want to keep going around and around with the same thing fine.  I'll keep playing the game.  If not, stop.

The proof is the fact that nobody here can give a name. The only way you can win this argument is by giving a counterexample, which you have failed to do.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Hex said:

The proof is the fact that nobody here can give a name. The only way you can win this argument is by giving a counterexample, which you have failed to do.

Prove there isn't? Give me a name of someone that doesn't do this and prove it?

• WTF? 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Exactly.  Now you're getting it.

No.  I get the point, and you don't.  If you're going to claim there are "lots of people" rooting for people to fail, the burden of proof is on you, NOT us, to name names.

That's how claims work.

• Upvote 3

Just now, FidelioJet said:

Prove there isn't? Give me a name of someone that doesn't do this and prove it?

Nobody here can give a name of somebody who finds joy in Zach's failures, like you claim. Your claim is unfounded, and thus you cannot win the argument.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Hex said:

Nobody here can give a name of somebody who finds joy in Zach's failures, like you claim. Your claim is unfounded, and thus you cannot win the argument.

To add on, If you want us to give examples of people on this board who want Zach to succeed and don't find joy in his failures, you're one of them and you're talking to 2 or 3 of us right now. Everybody on this board wants him to succeed and you're just grasping at straws now.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No.  I get the point, and you don't.  If you're going to claim there are "lots of people" rooting for people to fail, the burden of proof is on you, NOT us, to name names.

That's how claims work.

Nah, you're claiming people don't do that - burden of proof is on you.

It is such a silly argument.  I can attack everyone's opinions with Prove It.  Virtually everything stated on this board is opinion. 

Go to any game thread and you will read gloating and joy in every thread after his mistakes.  It really would be tough to argue - but "proof" ...come on

• WTF? 1

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Nah, you're claiming people don't do that - burden of proof is on you.

So to be clear:  You think I need to name every poster on the board and why they don't do what you claim in order for your claim to be the correct one?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Go to any game thread and you will read gloating and joy in every thread after his mistakes.  It really would be tough to argue - but "proof" ...come on

Then go to any game thread and pull out some names if its that easy.  Its a long offseason.  We have some time.

Then go to any game thread and pull out some names if its that easy.  Its a long offseason.  We have some time.

I have no interest in attacking people personally and if you really want to know who they are - go take a look, it won't be hard to find - I promise.

You can personally attack them if you choose.  

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I have no interest in attacking people personally and if you really want to know who they are - go take a look, it won't be hard to find - I promise.

You can personally attack them if you choose.  

It wouldn't be a personal attack though.  Surely anyone who takes glee in rooting for Zach Wilson to fail wouldn't mind at all being "put on blast" for it here?

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The trouble is, IMO, that guys like Fidelio and Provo can't tell the difference between a PatsFanTx troll and a JetsFan80, JGD or Warfish "cynical old Jets Fan".

It's especially funny though with guys like Provo, the current generation of a trend that goes back as far as I can remember, of college player fans coming to our communities when we draft their guy, and who disappear the second that guy moves on.  It's hilarious that these are often the guys most vociferously question OUR fanhood for being cynical or doubting a badly playing player from their school, lol.

No, Trolls are Trolls - But I have an opinion too.  And while you might be strong enough to want the Jets to win at all costs - be able to accept and admit when you're wrong...Others can not.  

It's human nature - IMO, when someone puts some much into a player failing - they will enjoy it when he does. 

That is all - I'm not really sure why this is such a controversial opinion around here.

I do actually hope when this over with Zach - either he proves himself to be good (at which point all will be on board) or when he's gone - either way we'll know by the end of next year...

If people will come out and admit they were happy he failed - or we're happy during his bad moments.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It would have been nice to see if White could be anything more than a poor man's Alex Smith when Wilson was unhealthy.  Benching White in favor of Flacco was inexcusable.

Mike White started three games and finished one. He’d suck at Thunderdome. 

• Haha 1