Report: Zach Wilson has struggled with accuracy in Jets OTAs

20 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

White Castle has to be the worst chain food ever.  Krystal's is it only rival on suckdom.

White Castle's revival is the direct result of baby boomers become serious pot smokers.   They should have gotten an honorable mention in Reefer Madness.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

Some more "inside" info for you regarding Zach.  One of the Jets assistant coaches recently described Zach Wilson in private conversation as "this guy would have trouble hitting his plate with a fork".  Although this source is reliable and actually has access to an assistant coach, it is also the very same source that told me before the draft that the Jets were resigned to moving on from Becton.  This is what prompted me to think that the Jets might draft Ickey or another top T in the draft.  Obviously, that did not happen, so what is my source worth???  Everybody likes to talk, I suppose... Gotta play the games. 

^ source is Southwest Airlines.

21 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Nothing wrong with a cold BL.

Let’s just say that there’s nothing surprising that the same person who thinks Pizza Hut was once a delicacy also likes a Bud Light provided, of course, that’s it’s cold enough to not taste, I can only assume. 

That said, I was a fancy pants beer drinker before I retired but now Negra Modelo is my go-to. There’s good some craft beer here, too, but it’s not the same. Most bars/restaurants don’t carry those, so you have to find them and drink them at home. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, slats said:

Let’s just say that there’s nothing surprising that the same person who thinks Pizza Hut was once a delicacy also likes a Bud Light provided, of course, that’s it’s cold enough to not taste, I can only assume. 

I may be a fan (at times) of cheap crappy Pizza, but that does not translate to the truly important things, like alcohol.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, slats said:

That said, I was a fancy pants beer drinker before I retired but now Negra Modelo is my go-to. There’s good some craft beer here, too, but it’s not the same. Most bars/restaurants don’t carry those, so you have to find them and drink them at home. 

The Pizza Huts in the 80’s and 90’s were popular sit down restaurants. We’re you not living in the US then?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Matt39 said:

The Pizza Huts in the 80’s and 90’s were popular sit down restaurants. We’re you not living in the US then?

I lived on Long Island where, if I wanted Italian food, there were nearly an infinite number of better options. I sat in a Pizza Hut in the 90s in Nazareth, Pennsylvania after a Formula 1, and was immediately reminded of why I never sat in one back home.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, slats said:

I lived on Long Island where, if I wanted Italian food, there were nearly an infinite number of better options. I sat in a Pizza Hut in the 90s in Nazareth, Pennsylvania after a Formula 1, and was immediately reminded of why I never sat in one back home.  

Plenty of Italian spots by us to and Arthur Ave a 20 minute drive away. As a kid though, plenty of birthday parties, get togethers, buffet lunches spent at the local PH. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Some more "inside" info for you regarding Zach.  One of the Jets assistant coaches recently described Zach Wilson in private conversation as "this guy would have trouble hitting his plate with a fork".  Although this source is reliable and actually has access to an assistant coach, it is also the very same source that told me before the draft that the Jets were resigned to moving on from Becton.  This is what prompted me to think that the Jets might draft Ickey or another top T in the draft.  Obviously, that did not happen, so what is my source worth???  Everybody likes to talk, I suppose... Gotta play the games. 

Is this supposed to be sarcasm? I honestly can't tell around here anymore. 

In fact he's the 3rd best QB on the roster behind White and Flacco...As for pizza here in Raleigh Peri Brothers for Sicilian and Grandma's pizzas and Salvio's for plain old pies
Lived in Raleigh for 6 years. .... that's not pizza.
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

White Castle's revival is the direct result of baby boomers become serious pot smokers.   They should have gotten an honorable mention in Reefer Madness.

The only 2 proper ways to enjoy White Castles is to be either drunk or stoned (or both). 

Also, is White Castle the only food that smells the same when you fart it out? 

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, slats said:

Well, there is your first problem.  I'd say the decent era ended circa 1989, maybe even earlier.  Before they started delivery, for sure.

I'm curious, do you feel the same way about Pizza Uno's?  Never tried it till late in the game because you had better options, or because Chicago Pizza sucks and it's not NY style, etc?

You're not wrong at the core, Pizza Hut in it's "prime" sit-down era in the 80's likely made near to no inroads in a place like Long Island, where legit pizza joints existed on every corner, literally.  It wasn't till I lived down here near DC that I even heard of it.

Conversely, I looooooved White Castle as a little kid on LI, but no one outside NY/NJ had ever heard of it, much less liked it, prior to Harold and Khumar, lol.  I still have a warm spot in my heart for it, despite there being literally a billion superior burger joints, fast and fast-casual, that are far superior.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Well, there is your first problem.  I'd say the decent era ended circa 1989, maybe even earlier.  Before they started delivery, for sure.

I'm curious, do you feel the same way about Pizza Uno's?  never tried it because you had better option, or because Chicago sucks and it's not NY?

You're not wrong at the core, Pizza Hut in it's "prime" sit-down era in the 80's likely made near to no inroads in a place like Long Island, where legit pizza joints existed on every corner, literally.  It wasn't till I lived down here near DC that I even heard of it.

Conversely, I looooooved White Castle as a little kid on LI, but no one outside NY/NJ had ever heard of it, much less liked it, prior to Harold and Khumar, lol.  I still have a warm spot in my heard for it, despite there being literally a billion superior burger joints, fast and fast-casual, that are far superior.

I’ve never eaten at Pizza Uno or White Castle. I gave up fast food burgers when I was young, then gave up meat altogether about 30 years ago. 

• Sympathy 1

Just now, slats said:

I’ve never eaten at Pizza Uno or White Castle. I gave up fast food burgers when I was young, then gave up meat altogether about 30 years ago. 

Oh.  A long-term vegetarian, like my wife (and for a similar amount of time).  That's commendable.  o7

Never had Uno's?  How about Chicago-style Pizza from anywhere else? 

If not, man...I'm sorry.  Like I say, there are alot of great Pizza styles outside of ye olde round, foldable NY-style. 

Have you been to Italy?  Ever had Neapolitan Pizza there?  It's like an art.

Ah, Pizza, good times.  

• Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Oh.  A long-term vegetarian, like my wife (and for a similar amount of time).  That's commendable.  o7

If not, man...I'm sorry.  Like I say, there are alot of great Pizza styles outside of ye olde round, foldable NY-style. 

Ah, Pizza, good times.  

I’m a pescatarian, I eat a ton of seafood, as well as dairy and eggs. I have had Chicago style pizza, and liked it, but it seems more like a casserole to me than a pizza. Good, but different. And while I love the classic, foldable slice, I also love Sicilian and grandma and Brooklyn. And a good calzone! My new gf is half Italian and her daughter lived in Sardinia for a year as an exchange student. I’m told that I have to go, lol, and probably will. She (the daughter) loved the new pizza place with the black crust here in my Mexican town, apparently they do a lot of black breads there. 

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

You strike me as the type of person who puts cream and sugar in their coffee and only eats cereal with little marshmallows in it.

Coffee black. Occasionally oat milk on weekends. Don’t eat cereal. Jai Lai IPA isn’t bad but most I’m not into. I do like ketchup on eggs tho and the occasional hot chocolate.

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Coffee black. Occasionally oat milk on weekends. Don’t eat cereal. Jai Lai IPA isn’t bad but most I’m not into. I do like ketchup on eggs tho and the occasional hot chocolate.

I once milked some oats while snacking on a White Castle burger.

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

The only 2 proper ways to enjoy White Castles is to be either drunk or stoned (or both). 

Also, is White Castle the only food that smells the same when you fart it out? 

White Castle cheeseburgers with a chocolate shake is outstanding. 
I believe there is still one on rt 17 outside of MetLife.

• Upvote 1

On 6/3/2022 at 11:38 AM, johnnysd said:

Fugging Zach haters will cling to anything negative they can link and spew. You know what? Pick pretty much any game of an elite QB and note just how many throws are not really accurate either. FFS go troll another team.

I mean define "accurate".

I wasn't there but even 1JD mouthpiece Hughes was saying the passes were way off the mark.  Like not even close.

You honestly think Aaron Rodgers and Justin Herbert would struggle to throw it in the Ocean during OTAs?

53 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Ah, Pizza, good times.  

I enjoy deep dish. I've been to Chicago and had Uno's, Lou Malnati's and Grimaldi's. Only one I have not tried (yet) is Pequods. Also, New Haven, CT, competes with NYC pizza. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I enjoy deep dish. I've been to Chicago and had Uno's, Lou Malnati's and Grimaldi's. Only one I have not tried (yet) is Pequods. Also, New Haven, CT, competes with NYC pizza. 

New Haven is a little oasis of great pizza. Ever watch The Pizza Show? Looks like they’re on YouTube. Very fun watch. 

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Chicago has another type of pizza which I prefer to their traditional deep dish called double decker. 
We will order it 4-5 times a year. 

The traditional deep dish is almost like a meat pie or casserole. 

• Upvote 1