Report: Zach Wilson has struggled with accuracy in Jets OTAs

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:
4 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:
In fact he's the 3rd best QB on the roster behind White and Flacco...As for pizza here in Raleigh Peri Brothers for Sicilian and Grandma's pizzas and Salvio's for plain old pies

Lived in Raleigh for 6 years. .... that's not pizza.

Wait, first question: are you an Italian?

On 6/4/2022 at 8:33 AM, Matt39 said:

I mean we have a benchmark in New England with the best coach of all time overseeing it. It wasnt a coincidence Mac Jones looked more prepared to play. This really isnt arguable. Either Zach needs to be able to play and practice more or they need to find someone else. "It was only 7 passes!" Well maybe let him throw a bit more? My concern is they're not letting him throw because they dont trust him to throw, which is no way to run a pro football team. We did this sh*t with Sanchez.

While I get your point, I can say as one of the most positive Zach guys here that more passes in preseason wouldn't have made any difference. It took like until like his 6th or 7th complete start before he really showed he was adjusting to NFL speed. By the Tampa game he seemed very comfortable with NFL speed. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/4/2022 at 10:15 AM, bitonti said:

dude

Zach Wilson is the nephew of the team's biggest sponsor. 

his uncle founded JetBlue. JetBlue gives huge money to the Jets. 

It's just that simple

it was never about football it was always about back room deals and the official hometown airline of the New York Jets 

there's never going to be a fair evaluation of Zach Wilson 

Imagine if Sauce Gardner's uncle founded MetLife. That's basically what we're dealing with here, except Sauce Gardner had good film. And undeniable talent. 

Meanwhile Zach was locked in as the Jets pick last January and no one's really has a good reason why. It wasn't his BYU film playing coastal carolina and hiding behind 5 guys who were 25 as an OL. It's not his physical gifts. He's a nice player with happy feet and a live arm and a terrible injury history. He's not a trevor Lawrence or even  Justin Fields. But he got elevated beyond his actual draft status due to hope. 

he's excellent at creating hope. That's Zach Wilson's best attribute: his ability to get people to believe in him despite zero evidence that they should. He's the king of unrealized potential.  

This guy is going to be here for a decade and in year 8 we'll be waiting for that next step forward. There will be seasons where he gets hurt and that will be the excuse, then we will blame the coaches or the turf or whatever we can think of to not blame Zach Wilson.  

welcome to America, it's not about what you know, it's who you know. And this kid knows everyone and will get every chance. 

Clearly in the running for one of the Top 10 dumbest posts ever in the history of JetsNation right up there with "some day players like Berrios".  Wow

• Post of the Week 3
  • Haha 1

On 6/4/2022 at 11:10 AM, maury77 said:

I suppose the uncle connection could be the reason, but I genuinely think Douglas and his staff were really infatuated with Wilson's ability regardless of what ownership thought (not that I think that makes thing any better). 

I am really going to enjoy the posts when you become a Zach fan somewhere around mid-season.

On 6/5/2022 at 6:10 AM, Lith said:

One of the things I miss most about NY is the pizza.  Living in Illinois, we had two "NY style" pizzerias open around here.  Not exactly what we got in NY, but a lot closer than the typical Chicago thin crust.  Both went out of business in a year or two.  They don't know how to make crusts around here.  Take a slice of Matzo, put sauce, cheese and pepperoni on it.  Bake for 10 minutes and you have Chicago thin crust.  Its terrible.  Pizza Hut is a better option.

I have two Chicago staples near me -- Lou Malnati and Girodano's.  Both known for deep dish.  Butter in the crusst overpowers the taste of the pizza.   I will have it once in a while as a change of pace, but neither comes close to the pizza you can get at just about any local pizzeria in NY-NJ.

Maybe you don't know this but it is 100% the water. Unless they fly in the water it will never really be like NY Pizza.

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

Maybe you don't know this but it is 100% the water. Unless they fly in the water it will never really be like NY Pizza.

When I lived in AZ the one place that had good pizza had it trucked in weekly.  

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

This is a fallacy. Its the oven. Older ovens in the northeastern pizza cities. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I am really going to enjoy the posts when you become a Zach fan somewhere around mid-season.

I’m looking forward to posting them … the same way I’m looking forward to sleeping with Charlize Theron.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I’m looking forward to posting them … the same way I’m looking forward to sleeping with Charlize Theron.

Oh, it’s awesome. Definitely do it if you have the chance. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Been testing the ate home recipes. Pretty fun trial and error. Some good some bad and some ok

78A30608-51C1-4D36-8929-A709BC687E74.jpeg

394D9F6C-0900-4F48-A74F-EFF5E2250A19.jpeg

Of course this gets posted the day I start my summer cut, lmfao

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

This is a fallacy. Its the oven. Older ovens in the northeastern pizza cities. 

Not true. Years ago I worked at a pool hall and a group would come in late nights. One of the guys worked at "NY Giant Pizza" He would sometimes bring pizzas for me. They were good but not really NY pizza. He got all offended and said it was the exact same recipe as his brother in Brooklyn and I was very skeptical. But when I went back to NY for Christmas I filled 5 gallon jugs of water and brought it back on the plane. He made the same pizza and it was exactly like NY Pizza so I am not just repeating a rumor I actually experienced it. There is one place here in San Diego that makes NY pizza that is authentic and they truck it in from NY. Another place uses some special bottled water and it is very close.

52 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Meh, I have slept with an A-list actress and it was not that great, but I would be willing to try again with Charlize or Scarlett or both.

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Those are sexy

If you are ever in that area, I cannot recommend it enough!  My other recommendation is DeLorenzo’s Tomato Pies in Robbinsville, which is my second favorite spot, just a little different from your traditional pizza pie.  Another very seasoned oven though.

6B8E338E-61B2-47F7-83E9-D48B74EB7456.thumb.jpeg.2ddd4012847fbd9fcffbf4bb0fd0c509.jpeg

080278CD-8955-45AD-BF9E-C6EAD35E1002.thumb.jpeg.375b6cdffff6b7c9730dd5e5630a207e.jpeg

Ya boy knows his ‘za!

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Mogglez said:

If you are ever in that area, I cannot recommend it enough!  My other recommendation is DeLorenzo’s Tomato Pies in Robbinsville, which is my second favorite spot, just a little different from your traditional pizza pie.  Another very seasoned oven though.

6B8E338E-61B2-47F7-83E9-D48B74EB7456.thumb.jpeg.2ddd4012847fbd9fcffbf4bb0fd0c509.jpeg

080278CD-8955-45AD-BF9E-C6EAD35E1002.thumb.jpeg.375b6cdffff6b7c9730dd5e5630a207e.jpeg

Ya boy knows his ‘za!

There is definitely something about having a seasoned oven (although I confess I don’t understand the science behind it). It’s like cooking with a cast iron pan at home. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

On 6/4/2022 at 2:56 PM, T0mShane said:

I think urgency will be key this year, but what bothers me about Saleh and co is that they don’t seem to be the urgent types. He’s always referencing “Phase One, Phase Two, etc,” and it appears that this year, for them, is another step in a progression that they hope will eventually pay off. I’m sure he sees himself in that Sean McVay/Kyle Shanahan mould, but those guys are legitimate geniuses, which is a hard thing to replicate. 

It’s a process ;) 

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

It’s a process ;) 

In all seriousness, I wonder how many NFL fans considered Kyle Shanahan to be a “genius” after he was 6-10 and 4-12 in his first two NFL seasons. 

I’m sure the experts here would have wanted him extended 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I’m late to this thread, hence the back to back like I’m stalking you.

Anyway I’ve been meaning to tell you, you’ve been surprisingly good in Stranger Things. Every time your thin voice utters, “Eleven,” with that creepy intonation, the females in the Sperm family get wigged out. “Elllleven, let Papa make you well.” I’m getting chills just thinking about it now myself.

So, congrats on the mini-comeback. 

product-jpeg-500x500.jpg

14 hours ago, Mogglez said:

723F311C-F73B-45FD-A0EC-ABB06C74B555.thumb.jpeg.b0d2ff9eac6b8faf78ca0a6844d043f2.jpeg

F8E8EFB5-755D-4519-BE54-454F4B20E4F9.thumb.jpeg.25e3bb0ccbd79db45ae6e706ec6fb203.jpeg

DeLucia’s Brick Oven Pizza in Raritan.

The oven is over 100 years old.  The best pizza I have ever had in my life and nothing comes close!

I'm on a diet right now but, hot dang, that looks amazing!

11 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

I'm sick of waiting for things to bloom and blossom because in this game they. never do. It's win NOW, THIS year, there is no next year for 20% of the players on the team-and for the Jets fans like my buddy Jeff Gill and guys like Savage here on the boards, for a lot of Jets fans who were lucky (and old) enough to have watched SBIII these wait 'til next years aren't guaranteed for us to see even happen.

This is why I hate the whole idea of anointing an unproven high draft pick the starting job AGAIN because let's face the statistical facts Zach Wilson has NOT "earned" the job of starting QB of the NYJ.All I want is a competition at the position between Wilson, Flacco, and White, unfortunately as history has shown us this policy apparently stems from the owners' box. For the Jets under the Johnson's way of thinking, it's always about WHERE the guy was drafted.

If the same thing that happened to the Patriots in 2001 with Bledsoe getting hurt (against the Jets, of course and then winning the game) and Brady coming in, under the Johnson modus operandi, Brady would have been relegated right back to the bench the minute Bledsoe was healthy enough to start again. NEVER would a 6th round draft pick be tapped to start with a veteran who is making more money than 1/3 of the teams' salaries put together . It would never happen. I fear that Mike White is going to be let go and we'll have to watch him become a franchise QB somewhere else while Zach Wilson continues with the style of play we have so far only seen from him and sadly, continue to hear the same about this spring.

I'll be legitimately upset if we don't keep Mike White (though I fear we're going to mindlessly trade him for a late rounder or something idiotic like that).  I really do think he has the ability to win in this league, and certainly with the weapinz the team has this year.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

28 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

I'm sick of waiting for things to bloom and blossom because in this game they. never do. It's win NOW, THIS year, there is no next year for 20% of the players on the team-and for the Jets fans like my buddy Jeff Gill and guys like Savage here on the boards, for a lot of Jets fans who were lucky (and old) enough to have watched SBIII these wait 'til next years aren't guaranteed for us to see even happen.

This is why I hate the whole idea of anointing an unproven high draft pick the starting job AGAIN because let's face the statistical facts Zach Wilson has NOT "earned" the job of starting QB of the NYJ.All I want is a competition at the position between Wilson, Flacco, and White, unfortunately as history has shown us this policy apparently stems from the owners' box. For the Jets under the Johnson's way of thinking, it's always about WHERE the guy was drafted.

If the same thing that happened to the Patriots in 2001 with Bledsoe getting hurt (against the Jets, of course and then winning the game) and Brady coming in, under the Johnson modus operandi, Brady would have been relegated right back to the bench the minute Bledsoe was healthy enough to start again. NEVER would a 6th round draft pick be tapped to start with a veteran who is making more money than 1/3 of the teams' salaries put together . It would never happen. I fear that Mike White is going to be let go and we'll have to watch him become a franchise QB somewhere else while Zach Wilson continues with the style of play we have so far only seen from him and sadly, continue to hear the same about this spring.

I get the emotion, old friend, but not the conclusions. The owners aren’t dictating who plays QB, that’s the head coach. They’re in the business of developing a FQB. Mike White is never gonna be that guy. At best, he could have a Fitzpatrick or Alex Smith type career. At the very best. Zach’s ceiling is tremendously higher, and that’s where they’re looking to get. 

Just now, slats said:

I get the emotion, old friend, but not the conclusions. The owners aren’t dictating who plays QB, that’s the head coach. They’re in the business of developing a FQB. Mike White is never gonna be that guy. At best, he could have a Fitzpatrick or Alex Smith type career. At the very best. Zach’s ceiling is tremendously higher, and that’s where they’re looking to get. 

To me, Alex Smith was a far better QB than Fitz.  You could win with Alex Smith.

31 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'll be legitimately upset if we don't keep Mike White (though I fear we're going to mindlessly trade him for a late rounder or something idiotic like that).  I really do think he has the ability to win in this league, and certainly with the weapinz the team has this year.

Mike White will be pissed if we trade him for anything other than the first overall pick

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

To me, Alex Smith was a far better QB than Fitz.  You could win with Alex Smith.

Every team that has had Alex Smith as QB has needed upgrade from Alex Smith. 

18 hours ago, johnnysd said:

its the seasoned ovens. pepe's in new haven has great coal fired pizza using a 100 year old oven. they have sprouted in quite a few places in connecticut,, and while pretty good, its just not the same as the original. all the same ingredients. ya, there might be a little something with the water too, i guess

16 minutes ago, slats said:

Every team that has had Alex Smith as QB has needed upgrade from Alex Smith. 

Debatable. SF could have won the SB with him in 2011 if their punt returner didn't muff two punts in the NFC Championship game against the Giants.