Report: Zach Wilson has struggled with accuracy in Jets OTAs

15 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

No just pointing at the overall philosophy. Load management or whatever you want to call it is losing mentality for football. Stop babying dudes. Imagine telling Lawrence Taylor were going to manage your snaps?

I see. thanks for clarifying

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Warfish said:

Accuracy was a serious issue last year.

It's too early to judge, but a meaningful increase in his accuracy is basically a base-level requirement for Zach to improve in 2022.

Good QB's are generally 63-65% comp. rate and higher.

55.6% just doesn't cut it.

So lets hope he gets past any early struggles in this aspect.

I bet Zach is kicking butt playing himself on Madden 2023 with all his new toys. Let’s Go Jets!!!!!

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

No just pointing at the overall philosophy. Load management or whatever you want to call it is losing mentality for football. Stop babying dudes. Imagine telling Lawrence Taylor were going to manage your snaps?

I wouldn't even want to tell Lawrence Taylor he just cut me in line at the grocery store. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

54 minutes ago, bitonti said:

dude

Zach Wilson is the nephew of the team's biggest sponsor. 

his uncle founded JetBlue. JetBlue gives huge money to the Jets. 

It's just that simple

it was never about football it was always about back room deals and the official hometown airline of the New York Jets 

there's never going to be a fair evaluation of Zach Wilson 

Imagine if Sauce Gardner's uncle founded MetLife. That's basically what we're dealing with here, except Sauce Gardner had good film. And undeniable talent. 

Meanwhile Zach was locked in as the Jets pick last January and no one's really has a good reason why. It wasn't his BYU film playing coastal carolina and hiding behind 5 guys who were 25 as an OL. It's not his physical gifts. He's a nice player with happy feet and a live arm and a terrible injury history. He's not a trevor Lawrence or even  Justin Fields. But he got elevated beyond his actual draft status due to hope. 

he's excellent at creating hope. That's Zach Wilson's best attribute: his ability to get people to believe in him despite zero evidence that they should. He's the king of unrealized potential.  

This guy is going to be here for a decade and in year 8 we'll be waiting for that next step forward. There will be seasons where he gets hurt and that will be the excuse, then we will blame the coaches or the turf or whatever we can think of to not blame Zach Wilson.  

welcome to America, it's not about what you know, it's who you know. And this kid knows everyone and will get every chance. 

I suppose the uncle connection could be the reason, but I genuinely think Douglas and his staff were really infatuated with Wilson's ability regardless of what ownership thought (not that I think that makes thing any better). 

• Thumb Down 1

23 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Fugging Zach haters....Pick pretty much any game of an elite QB and note just how many throws are not really accurate either. FFS go troll another team.

So, you want to compare game throws to the most mellow OTAs ever,  in shorts and no pass rush or real Defense?

Good plan.

And yeah, I've been a Jets fan since around 1974, but I'm just playing a long game of internet message board trolling that started 3 decades before the internet was a thing.

How many times were you dropped as a child?

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, bitonti said:

it was the worst offensive output in franchise history 

think about all the bad offenses in Jets history. Zach Wilson, week 18 was worse than that 

but we all just breeze by that because it's more important to hope than it is to see what's actually happening 

until Week 1 and they are down like 10 points before halftime and we're all like "Oh yeah. I forgot they suck." 

it happens like every offseason at a certain point it's our own fault for stepping on the rake 

Bro!!! 35 year jet fan here... if you're not living off hope every year... you're rooting for the wrong team.

I lived the Vinny / farve / fireman ed years and still it was the guy who catches crap for eating hot dogs and butt fumbling that got us closer to a super bowl than anyone else in my lifetime.

I don't care if Wilson lifts the team or the team lifts Wilson... either can lead to a ring (ask Eli), I just don't want to run out of hope by November. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Pizza Hut? Gross. They should change their name to Pizza Butt. What a cheapo.

Long time ago when he was still in the league.  I was a little kid. This was one of those real Pizza Huts with the lamps and booths. Not the fugazi new ones.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I suppose the uncle connection could be the reason, but I genuinely think Douglas and his staff were really infatuated with Wilson's ability regardless of what ownership thought (not that I think that makes thing any better). 

In fairness to the Jets, Wilson would have been, by a mile, the #1 QB prospect in this year’s draft had he stayed in school, and had he beaten out Jaren Hall. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, slats said:

I like Saleh a lot. I’ve said this many times, but I feel that last year was all installation and evaluation, and that’s why we had the seemingly laid back approach. The focus was on teaching more than the score. When the defense was complete crap and Ulbrich was saying that he could see them getting better, I took him at his word. I believe they were looking at specific things the fans simply weren’t privy to. This year, I expect more urgency from Saleh and the staff as they try to introduce this team to the idea of winning. 

I think urgency will be key this year, but what bothers me about Saleh and co is that they don’t seem to be the urgent types. He’s always referencing “Phase One, Phase Two, etc,” and it appears that this year, for them, is another step in a progression that they hope will eventually pay off. I’m sure he sees himself in that Sean McVay/Kyle Shanahan mould, but those guys are legitimate geniuses, which is a hard thing to replicate. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

dude

Zach Wilson is the nephew of the team's biggest sponsor. 

his uncle founded JetBlue. JetBlue gives huge money to the Jets. 

It's just that simple

it was never about football it was always about back room deals and the official hometown airline of the New York Jets 

there's never going to be a fair evaluation of Zach Wilson 

Imagine if Sauce Gardner's uncle founded MetLife. That's basically what we're dealing with here, except Sauce Gardner had good film. And undeniable talent. 

Meanwhile Zach was locked in as the Jets pick last January and no one's really has a good reason why. It wasn't his BYU film playing coastal carolina and hiding behind 5 guys who were 25 as an OL. It's not his physical gifts. He's a nice player with happy feet and a live arm and a terrible injury history. He's not a trevor Lawrence or even  Justin Fields. But he got elevated beyond his actual draft status due to hope. 

he's excellent at creating hope. That's Zach Wilson's best attribute: his ability to get people to believe in him despite zero evidence that they should. He's the king of unrealized potential.  

This guy is going to be here for a decade and in year 8 we'll be waiting for that next step forward. There will be seasons where he gets hurt and that will be the excuse, then we will blame the coaches or the turf or whatever we can think of to not blame Zach Wilson.  

welcome to America, it's not about what you know, it's who you know. And this kid knows everyone and will get every chance. 

It’s a JETS Q-ANON THEORY 

5 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Pizza Hut. Right up there with the infamous White Castle cuisine. ?‍?

WHITE CASTLE ARE THE BEST. ESPECIALLY ON DAYS WHERE YOU REALLY WANT TO BE LEFT ALONE 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

We’re gonna be charting TC completion percentages this year, just like the good ‘ole days of Sanchez and Geno, aren’t we lol?

There was a reason they charted Sanchez and Geno passes in the summer.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I think urgency will be key this year, but what bothers me about Saleh and co is that they don’t seem to be the urgent types. He’s always referencing “Phase One, Phase Two, etc,” and it appears that this year, for them, is another step in a progression that they hope will eventually pay off. I’m sure he sees himself in that Sean McVay/Kyle Shanahan mould, but those guys are legitimate geniuses, which is a hard thing to replicate. 

The Marvel MCU went through their phases faster than Saleh.

• Haha 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

Are we in the Morbius/Dr Strange phase yet?

I know he made a sh*tload of money doing it, but imagine the intense pain and humiliation Benedict Cumberbatch must have felt standing in front of a green screen, wearing a cape, and waving his arms around in circles for three months while filming that garbage.

• Haha 3