Report: Zach Wilson has struggled with accuracy in Jets OTAs

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I know he made a sh*tload of money doing it, but imagine the intense pain and humiliation Benedict Cumberbatch must have felt standing in front of a green screen, wearing a cape, and waving his arms around in circles for three months while filming that garbage.

My wife is a "CumberBitch".  To me, he's one of the most overrated actors on the planet.   Never has one man achieved so much after emoting so little.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Hal N of Provo said:

He was great in Sherlock 

I don't hate Cumberbatch at all.  He's a fine actor.  But at least to me, he's the same in every flick.  My wife and her sisters absolutely swoon over the guy and laud him like the second coming of Olivier.   "The dour man" acting school.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

dude

Zach Wilson is the nephew of the team's biggest sponsor. 

his uncle founded JetBlue. JetBlue gives huge money to the Jets. 

It's just that simple

it was never about football it was always about back room deals and the official hometown airline of the New York Jets 

there's never going to be a fair evaluation of Zach Wilson 

Imagine if Sauce Gardner's uncle founded MetLife. That's basically what we're dealing with here, except Sauce Gardner had good film. And undeniable talent. 

Meanwhile Zach was locked in as the Jets pick last January and no one's really has a good reason why. It wasn't his BYU film playing coastal carolina and hiding behind 5 guys who were 25 as an OL. It's not his physical gifts. He's a nice player with happy feet and a live arm and a terrible injury history. He's not a trevor Lawrence or even  Justin Fields. But he got elevated beyond his actual draft status due to hope. 

he's excellent at creating hope. That's Zach Wilson's best attribute: his ability to get people to believe in him despite zero evidence that they should. He's the king of unrealized potential.  

This guy is going to be here for a decade and in year 8 we'll be waiting for that next step forward. There will be seasons where he gets hurt and that will be the excuse, then we will blame the coaches or the turf or whatever we can think of to not blame Zach Wilson.  

welcome to America, it's not about what you know, it's who you know. And this kid knows everyone and will get every chance. 

Zach Wilson was getting drafted top 3 no matter what. This is one of the dumbest posts I've ever read on this site.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

I don't hate Cumberbatch at all.  He's a fine actor.  But at least to me, he's the same in every flick.  My wife and her sisters absolutely swoon over the guy and laud him like the second coming of Olivier.   "The dour man" acting school.

They have no taste. By far, the “hottest guy” in film right now, when you ask women, is Jason Momoa. They think Brad Pitt is “nasty,” and Channing Tatum is “boring.” Jason Momoa. Makes no sense.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

They have no taste. By far, the “hottest guy” in film right now, when you ask women, is Jason Momoa. They think Brad Pitt is “nasty,” and Channing Tatum is “boring.” Jason Momoa. Makes no sense.

My wife would throw me into a building on fire for a shot at Brad Pitt, Idris Alba, Thor, Ryan Reynolds, Gosling....the list goes on.  Mamoa does not make the cut.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

My wife would throw me into a building on fire for a shot at Brad Pitt, Idris Alba, Thor, Ryan Reynolds, Gosling....the list goes on.  Mamoa does not make the cut.

I mean no offense by this, but she’s lying about Momoa. 

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I look a lot like Momoa.

If he was pasty white and bald. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

It will about as irrelevant as getting twisted over a set of plays in OTAs in May

*shrugs*

I'm not "twisted" but Zach Wilson was hot garbage last year and the future of the franchise will be heavily influenced by him making a dramatic improvement.

Hearing he's struggling with accuracy in OTAs is a bad sign for a guy who was "uncharacteristically" inaccurate during the season last year.

Personally, I want to hear he's locked in and blowing everyone away in OTAs. I'm sick of spinning narratives and making excuses for our bad QB play. We need someone who can play.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

7 pages of arguing zach wilson based on 4 practice throws. Congrats fellas, truly an accomplishment. 

In fairness, it is really only 6 pages of arguing about 4 practice throws.  Page 7 is about who is hotter - Brad Pitt, Jason Mamoa or Benedict Cumberbatch.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

FTR, Saleh has already said multiple times that young quarterbacks usually come into their own between seasons two and three, so you’re probably right, but you’d have to think that if Zach’s uncle had any pull, he wouldn’t have put him on the Jets in the first place.

During the interview with Mangold and Sanchez Zach said he never got any free flights till he  got to the Jets

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

This is beautiful...

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

Screw that Im making my real judgment now 

To each their own, but I think it's too early.

I want to see how he performs this season.  

there's this idea he's GOING to make the next step. As if that's definite.  

Not for me.  Potential is still my word for Zach.  Nothing more.

Sometimes players get worse.

Sometimes they do.

That's why we watch the games.

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

7 pages of arguing zach wilson based on 4 practice throws. Congrats fellas, truly an accomplishment. 

Probably should get used to it, as we've got months more of it to come, then all regular season.

Teams with legit Franchise QB's aren't having these kinds of threads right now.

Maybe that says something.

• Upvote 2

Zach Wilson is the nephew of the team's biggest sponsor. 

his uncle founded JetBlue. JetBlue gives huge money to the Jets. 

It's just that simple

it was never about football it was always about back room deals and the official hometown airline of the New York Jets 

main-qimg-fe97feb2884e649638c888638a868d

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

53 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

*shrugs*

I'm not "twisted" but Zach Wilson was hot garbage last year and the future of the franchise will be heavily influenced by him making a dramatic improvement.

Hearing he's struggling with accuracy in OTAs is a bad sign for a guy who was "uncharacteristically" inaccurate during the season last year.

Personally, I want to hear he's locked in and blowing everyone away in OTAs. I'm sick of spinning narratives and making excuses for our bad QB play. We need someone who can play.

Didnt say you were twisted but many here sure are.  

Hes not struggling in OTA's.  They're have 6 practices sessions and someone got under Jets fans skin by reporting on one set of 7 on 7s or 11 on 11s where he went 1-6 or something like that.  Wow, dump him now

If you are a hater it makes your day.  If not you say who cares and move on

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Don't you besmirch Momoa, now.

1 hour ago, Sammybighead said:

*6 pages

The last page is more arguing thirsting about Pizza Hut, Benedict Cumberbatch, and Jason Momoa.