Report: Zach Wilson has struggled with accuracy in Jets OTAs

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I just don’t believe this to be true. The “hey, he’s young and developing, so I don’t care that the team is bad and my stats are In the toilet as a result” line of thought has an extremely short shelf life, especially if the backups aren’t the statistical anchor that Zach might be early on. As far as his leadership is concerned, he has acknowledged himself that “leadership”  and “being a better teammate” was something he had to work on (when pressed on the “Captain” story by Michael Kay post-draft). 

You said he had to play lights out, I just said he has to play better and show improvement. I’ll stand by that. Obviously, if he just simply sucks, that’s going to be a problem. 

Leadership comes in many forms. The dude may not bring the Jim Jones charisma that you love but working the weight room, knowing the playbook, where everyone is supposed to be, these are things that the players take notice of. I think the bromance with Braxton is also helpful this regard. I get that he’s a little awkward, but his relationship with Berrios helps to integrate him a little bit. He working on those relationships even if that’s not a thing that comes naturally to him. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

On 6/5/2022 at 7:44 AM, slats said:

Aren’t we all from NY/NJ? Didn’t anyone have a decent local pizzeria? I was alive and well in the ‘90s, and wouldn’t’ve been caught dead in a ****ing Pizza Hut. Do you guys now sing the praises of the Olive Garden? 

Growing up i was shocked to learn the Olive Garden didn't have at least one Michelin Star.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slats said:

Aren’t we all from NY/NJ? Didn’t anyone have a decent local pizzeria? I was alive and well in the ‘90s, and wouldn’t’ve been caught dead in a ****ing Pizza Hut. Do you guys now sing the praises of the Olive Garden? 

Yeah, I was still in grammar school in the 90s grandpa

• Upvote 1

On 6/5/2022 at 7:43 AM, Matt39 said:

Why even practice at all?

Too try different things and to get on the same page as your WRs while not worrying about the results as in a real game. 

Making the idea that the # of completions is important is as stupid as judging a pitcher working on a new pitch's in spring and the results in preseason games being being meaningful.  Thats what practices are for.  The real season is for results.  Everyone knows this except morons in the media just looking for clicks

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Warfish said:

More worthy than discussion of a few passes on day 1 of OTA's, lol.

Again, not going to say PH was better than Vincent's in Lynbrook, but when you no longer live in NY, and you're a kid, you gotta get your good pizza where you can, and this place was great (to me, as a kid) in that 80's timeframe.

I played baseball with the son of the owner of vincents(now the owner) in Lynbrook.  Joe is a great person and my uncle still lives across the street from him in lynbrook.  That being said, I love yah joe but I like Gino pizza in Lynbrook better. Ancona's in valley stream for their grandma pizza is a must every time I visit.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, slats said:

I didn’t think it was possible that someone named Maury could be younger than me. Cool. You live, you learn. :) 

Still no excuse for bad taste. 

I too, was expecting a 70 year old.

We had a Pizza Hut in my hometown, but we never ate there.

I don't think I've ever tried it. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, slats said:

I didn’t think it was possible that someone named Maury could be younger than me. Cool. You live, you learn. :) 

Still no excuse for bad taste. 

Ok, I'm going to call BS here. I don't know why, but kids love chain pizza. My son is 9 and swears Dominos is the best pizza in the world, it must be the marketing. If you still love it as an adult then its a problem, but youth loves chain pizza for some unknown reason. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Ok, I'm going to call BS here. I don't know why, but kids love chain pizza. My son is 9 and swears Dominos is the best pizza in the world, it must be the marketing. If you still love it as an adult then its a problem, but youth loves chain pizza for some unknown reason. 

Its true, kids love Domino's and other chain pizza companies.  I dont get it, maybe because its easier to order with the internet and the dumb toppings they offer

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, maury77 said:

This is why there’s an age limit to buy beer. Kids would probably like Bud Light. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Lith said:

Agreed.  This season, Zach and the rest of the offense need to end the debate.  There was no debate about Burrow after year 2.  Or Herbert, Mahomes or Watson.  Lamar Jackson was an MVP in year 2.  Some debate about Kyler Murray now, but that is about his ability to win a big game after faltering down the stretch.  I would like to see Zach get us to big games.  Josh Allen needed an extra year, but most guys who have come out in recent years, you know it after year 2.  He has better weapons, a solid OL, likely a good running game.  Time to end the debate.

Agreed. He has to show us something. If by week 17 I’m not convinced he’s the guy or we are all debating if he is we have a problem. 

Shut everyone up. Play good consistent football, win us some games. If we are saying “but that nice throw in week 5” or “he didn’t throw as many interceptions” we are in a world of hurt. I had my Zach doubts because of BYU opposition etc and he does have “arm talent” but this year he needs to prove he can play in the NFL

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, maury77 said:

Because kids are stupid 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, maury77 said:

It was my Cuban grandmother's way of shortening "Maurice", she didn't pronounce it like the wig shop owner from Goodfellas. 

Lmao I read this fast and read it as "big wop owner from Goodfellas".

I wonder what that says about me.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

More worthy than discussion of a few passes on day 1 of OTA's, lol.

Again, not going to say PH was better than Vincent's in Lynbrook, but when you no longer live in NY, and you're a kid, you gotta get your good pizza where you can, and this place was great (to me, as a kid) in that 80's timeframe.

You were a deprived child. Severely it seems.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, slats said:

People with NY pizza don’t say this sorta thing. 

NY Pizza can indeed be great, exceptional even, but there is aloooooooot of trash too, legit trash, especially in the city.  I went to a place last time I was in the city, some supposed "historic" place where NY Pizza got it's start.  Honestly, it was seriously sub-par.

And there are many exceptional pizzas elsewhere.  Different styles mostly, or more pure forms in Italy, etc. 

I embrace all forms of great pizza (as a good fat man should, lol).

The one thing I can't seem to find outside NY of equal quality, not that common round style (I've had just as good outside NY as in NY), but Sicilian (my personal favorite of the form).  I have never found the equal to NY Sicilian anywhere else.

6 hours ago, maury77 said:

For some reason, I’ll be in the mood for chain pizza sometimes. I’ll ask the wife “you in the mood for fake(chain) or real pizza?” Nothing wrong with it from time to time. 

Glad this thread has taken the direction it has. The way an OTA thread should be.

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, T0mShane said:

@Maxman couldn’t afford my talents or the many lawsuits that would follow

@T0mShane when do you want to make the announcement about our new video show that we are doing together? I think we should let everyone know soon. But I will defer to you for the timing.

2 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

I’m on line 1 holding to be the first caller. 

Mid days with Max and T0m

Max & Tom in the Mornings

Monday Night Jets News with Max & Tom

Mature Matters With Max & Tom

Manhood Lessons With Max & Tom

• Upvote 1

Some more "inside" info for you regarding Zach.  One of the Jets assistant coaches recently described Zach Wilson in private conversation as "this guy would have trouble hitting his plate with a fork".  Although this source is reliable and actually has access to an assistant coach, it is also the very same source that told me before the draft that the Jets were resigned to moving on from Becton.  This is what prompted me to think that the Jets might draft Ickey or another top T in the draft.  Obviously, that did not happen, so what is my source worth???  Everybody likes to talk, I suppose... Gotta play the games. 

• Haha 2

My source ... inside source mind you ... told me the sources for the aformentioned sources should be henceforth disregarded as poppycock .... as any source worth any sort of credence would put their name on any inside information they might have sourced ... at least according to my source's source.

• Upvote 2