The Jets have 5th tier (of 7) offensive weapons.

“Tier 5 consists of the teams lacking true star talent at multiple position groups. Mostly, these players are effective at their given job, but are lackluster in multiple categories of star power, depth, consistency, health, and distributed talent. These teams have a multitude of young talent that could rise in the ranks, but it has not been seen yet.

New York Jets:

Breece Hall, Michael Carter, Elijah Moore, Garrett Wilson, Corey Davis, CJ Uzomah, Tyler Conklin”

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Lol.  That’s great.  Is there a link?  Their website is tough to navigate 

Odd, but it won’t let me cut and paste the link to the article. The link is in the first paragraph of the article you posted.

• Upvote 1

Jets have added a lot of talent over the last 2 years—overwhelmingly young players. This off-season was especially strong.  So the ingredients are there.

But guys who do “ratings” for a living are not going to bite, nor should they.  Prove it on the field has to be the mantra. Should be for us too.

Look, I’m as full of optimism as I have been in years. So I am not being SOJ.  But the only way to legitimize our hopes is to split the opening 4 games and beat a couple of division foes. Tough to do. But it’s high time for an upside surprise.

Go Jets 

• Upvote 4

If these guys reach their potential the Jets become one of the top offenses in the NFL.  Hard to say what they are having not seen Hall, Wilson and Ruckert on the field with Moore, Davis, Carter, Uzomah, Conklin.

This is why there are no excuses for Zach Wilson this year.  Plenty of high quality targets.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

27 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

If there was a contest or competition to rank teams it would be great.  Maybe even a tournament at the end to decide a champion.   

Season 2 Idea GIF by Portlandia

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Their QB rankings, and a further illustration that the NFL is way, way down on Zach Wilson. For reference, Fields and Lawrence are in their “Tier Five.”

B71FE39A-D818-4BE0-84DF-89D6F871D4BE.png

33rd tier = NFL

Ranking Fields and or Lawrence over Wilson says you are clueless or have an agenda

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

“Tier 5 consists of the teams lacking true star talent at multiple position groups. Mostly, these players are effective at their given job, but are lackluster in multiple categories of star power, depth, consistency, health, and distributed talent. These teams have a multitude of young talent that could rise in the ranks, but it has not been seen yet.

New York Jets:

Breece Hall, Michael Carter, Elijah Moore, Garrett Wilson, Corey Davis, CJ Uzomah, Tyler Conklin”

Stupid, 2nd year players and 2 rookies.

They arent true stars.  Shocking detailed analysis

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Stupid, 2nd year players and 2 rookies.

They arent true stars.  Shocking detailed analysis

Yeah I got a good laugh.   It’s not worth ranking this team.  They have tons of potential.  This is going to be a fun season and terrible wait until camp starts lol.  

• Upvote 1

If these guys reach their potential the Jets become one of the top offenses in the NFL.  Hard to say what they are having not seen Hall, Wilson and Ruckert on the field with Moore, Davis, Carter, Uzomah, Conklin.
This is why there are no excuses for Zach Wilson this year.  Plenty of high quality targets.
And Mims

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

16 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Their QB rankings, and a further illustration that the NFL is way, way down on Zach Wilson. For reference, Fields and Lawrence are in their “Tier Five.”

B71FE39A-D818-4BE0-84DF-89D6F871D4BE.png

Isn’t this a bit arbitrary?   What did Fields and Lawrence do last year that was leaps ahead of Wilson?

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Skeptable said:

The guy didn't even read his own link... Jackass

Well, one is “generational” and the other was the darling of the talking heads during the draft who played up how Fields was passed over. Wilson over Fields will be interesting to review in3 more years. Chicago hasn’t helped Field’s much 

4 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Isn’t this a bit arbitrary?   What did Fields and Lawrence do last year that was leaps ahead of Wilson?

12 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Yup.  All three guys disappointed.  Only major difference between Fields/Lawrence and Wilson is the first two guys didn't play for the Jets.  Fields nad Lawrence in the same tier as Matt Ryan.  Ryan may be on the downside of his career, but is still playing at a much higher level than Fields or Lawrence have ever approached.  Maybe they get there someday.  But they are not close yet.

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

The PFF and Athletic podcasts have all done this same exercise recently, and their reasoning for ranking Fields and Lawrence over Zach essentially boiled down to Fields’ and Lawrence’s coaching staffs being so bad they they were in unwinnable positions that presumably improved this offseason. The Athletic guys (Mays and Tice) explained that Fields was stuck in a vertical offense that didn’t give him a lot of easy completions, plus his rushing ability was impressive. With Lawrence, they pointed out that the passing scheme he was working in was comically bad (receivers running the same routes to the same spots, etc), but Lawrence showed a lot of poise and made something out of nothing. I didn’t watch much of either, so this isn’t my point of view, but I’ve posted links to those pods if you guys had any interest in why the tone toward Zach is as negative as it is relative to the other QBs

16 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The PFF and Athletic podcasts have all done this same exercise recently, and their reasoning for ranking Fields and Lawrence over Zach essentially boiled down to Fields’ and Lawrence’s coaching staffs being so bad they they were in unwinnable positions that presumably improved this offseason. The Athletic guys (Mays and Tice) explained that Fields was stuck in a vertical offense that didn’t give him a lot of easy completions, plus his rushing ability was impressive. With Lawrence, they pointed out that the passing scheme he was working in was comically bad (receivers running the same routes to the same spots, etc), but Lawrence showed a lot of poise and made something out of nothing. I didn’t watch much of either, so this isn’t my point of view, but I’ve posted links to those pods if you guys had any interest in why the tone toward Zach is as negative as it is relative to the other QBs

So excuses for the others but not better performance?   I guess we will see this year who is better.    I’d be willing to bet on Wilson.

Did the writers happen to mention that Wilson’s offense was on IR the last part of the year?

20 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

I know it's shocking because they both sucked.  Zach, even on a cmparative basis to two rookies who sucked, really sucked. 

teams make their own great players.  there's no telling how good a player will ultimately be after being drafted.  it takes time for the player to develop.  and it takes a system that plays to the players strengths.  the jets are very young at the skil positions so it's going to take some time for them to gel.  so far, at least they have players that have either flashed with other teams or were sufficiently good in solid college programs that they have a good stating point.

On 6/5/2022 at 9:06 AM, T0mShane said:

This is a joke, right? This bum sounds like Tebow#2. 

On 6/5/2022 at 6:06 AM, T0mShane said:

Lots of bad assumptions here by these guys. I swear that sometimes GMs are so mired in NFL group think that they know less about football than fans

First, switching offensive schemes almost always increases the struggles young QBs have, I am of the opinion in fact that the trend of giving 2nd year QBs a new OC and new system is one of the driving forces behind them ultimately busting. One of Zach's biggest advantages this year is being in the same system. So  Lawrence and Fields should be downgraded

Second, Fields SHOULD be in a vertical offense.  He is good at 2 things: the deep ball and running. He is pretty average to terrible at everything else. Trying to make him him a short passing guy will hurt him.

Lawrence never looked like a NFL QB It was not the scheme

Both are in way worse situations than Zach not the opposite as they want to say

• Sympathy 1

Not a bad Tier system and rankings.  I disagree that the Eagles and Saints are in the Tier 2 category, especially with Michael Thomas being up in the air.  I could probably make an argument that the Rams, Bucs, 49'ers maybe Vikings are equally as good as the Raiders.  I do think the Fins and Bengals are Tier 1.  The others is pulling hairs if you're going to argue but all seems fair.

The Jets ranking is fair, it's hard to predict what FA's, 2nd year players and rookies are going to be.  Corey Davis is the only really proven quantity and by all measures, he's a career disappointment a one time 6th overall pick.

On 6/6/2022 at 10:49 AM, section314 said:

This is a joke, right? This bum sounds like Tebow#2. 

2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Lots of bad assumptions here by these guys. I swear that sometimes GMs are so mired in NFL group think that they know less about football than fans

First, switching offensive schemes almost always increases the struggles young QBs have, I am of the opinion in fact that the trend of giving 2nd year QBs a new OC and new system is one of the driving forces behind them ultimately busting. One of Zach's biggest advantages this year is being in the same system. So  Lawrence and Fields should be downgraded

Second, Fields SHOULD be in a vertical offense.  He is good at 2 things: the deep ball and running. He is pretty average to terrible at everything else. Trying to make him him a short passing guy will hurt him.

Lawrence never looked like a NFL QB It was not the scheme

Both are in way worse situations than Zach not the opposite as they want to say

Yeah, I am not a Fields optimist at this point, but their general take was that Fields and Lawrence were asked to do more as rookies and that’s why they sucked. And to defend Zach a little bit here, a lot of the anti-Zach stuff is based on vibes, even though he was statistically awful. Typical anti-Jets sentiment.

• Upvote 1