In Joe We Trust! (OC)

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Haha, cool thing is if he was killing the accuracy in underoo practice it would mean nothing, because no pads no contact. But since he’s been inaccurate it means he will be terrible. Last year he looked great in pre-season but did struggle with accuracy at times. I’m honestly not sure what to make of it, I can drift negative or positive at times. Yet, with upgraded roster I think we will know the answer this year, plus Joe Flacco could win with this offense I think. 

Zak mainly needs to keep improving his mechanics mainly footwork to continue to improve accuracy. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

There is always two sides to a conversation.  When a writer just shows one like say Peter King, I dislike the article as much as I would say one that is purely written from the opposite  perspective. I like guys like Breen and Eisen. You can see there fandom but when the team has issues, they call it out. 

Then why not post the content of the post that you disagree with, instead of labeling it a homer post while admitting that you only read half of it? That is silly, plain and simple. I don't think anyone is saying you trashed the article, but take exception that you are complaining that it is homerish while only reading half of it. Dispute the content if you feel that way, instead of complaining that someone is being positive.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

In my dream state he’s clutching a second Super Bowl MVP trophy and I’m drowning in a vat  of beer and destroying hot wings. 

Erin Andrews: "So, Joe, you've just become the Super Bowl MVP for the 2nd time in your remarkably long career at the age of 38, having taken over the starting job by incumbent Zach Wilson in Week 1 due to injury, after he hit himself in the face with his own pass, after he bounced it off starting right tackle, and RPOY Max Mitchell's butt, and giving himself a concussion. You are now the 4th oldest QB to win a Super Bowl after Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, and John Elway, and this season you set your own personal records, as well as Jets single-season records for yards thrown, touchdowns, and least amount of interceptions. Tell me, Joe, how does it feel?

Joe:

1542414819_JoeFlacco.jpg.cc8c190f99c34c78eb109e3da4a24149.jpg

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, billo83 said:

Then why not post the content of the post that you disagree with, instead of labeling it a homer post while admitting that you only read half of it? That is silly, plain and simple. I don't think anyone is saying you trashed the article, but take exception that you are complaining that it is homerish while only reading half of it. Dispute the content if you feel that way, instead of complaining that someone is being positive.

Ok, that is fair. But it was more the perspective than anything in particular.  Oh, and I have already been told I trashed it. 

12 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Erin Andrews: "So, Joe, you've just become the Super Bowl MVP for the 2nd time in your remarkably long career at the age of 38, having taken over the starting job by incumbent Zach Wilson in Week 1 due to injury, after he hit himself in the face with his own pass, after he bounced it off starting right tackle, and RPOY Max Mitchell's butt, and giving himself a concussion. You are now the 4th oldest QB to win a Super Bowl after Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, and John Elway, and this season you set your own personal records, as well as Jets single-season records for yards thrown, touchdowns, and least amount of interceptions. Tell me, Joe, how does it feel?

Joe:

1542414819_JoeFlacco.jpg.cc8c190f99c34c78eb109e3da4a24149.jpg

4CAE918C-8C3A-4855-887A-45EE7FC2C99A.gif

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, billo83 said:

Actually if he bothered to read it there were plenty of takes where none of what people are feeling positive about has been proven yet.  That it has to work but the tone was after last years successful draft, as said much will depend on ZW and the positive reviews of this years draft Jets fans are starting to get behind JDs vision and finally feeling positive about the teams direction.  If it doesnt work, different story.  You have to be the worst SOJF to argue this is homerism. 

• Sympathy 1

On 6/5/2022 at 10:52 AM, Mogglez said:

Oddly enough one of my future “coverages” may be a “what went wrong?” as it pertains to the 2020 class.  Hopefully it just stays in the drafts!

Pre-draft lack of input from the entire 2020 coaching staff is one reason. Another is covid and the lack of 2020 OTAs.  2021 change in coaching staff / schemes, which may not be a match to those 2020 drafted players.

2022 - 2020 drafted players have one more training camp to keep their Jets scholarships this season.

• Post of the Week 1