Offseason Dynasty Trades

I tend to stay away from major blockbuster  trades and instead really focus on trying to flip middling assets for potential risers or players coming off a down year.

I've pulled off three trades so far this offseason on my rebuilding team feel free to let me know your grade on the trade. 

12 man 1 QB .5 PPR IDP Dynasty 

Gave: Boston Scott

Got: Tyler Conklin and Kalif Raymond 

Gave: Sterling Shepard and Kalif Raymond

Got: Darrell  Henderson 

Gave: Jamal Adams, CJ Mosely, Cam Heyward.

Got: Chase Claypool and Eddie Jackson 

I'm at an A on these from my own grading ?

Boston Scott in a muddy back field for Conklin and Raymond as a throw in

Henderson a 24 year old RB that will get touches for Sterling Shepherd approaching 30 coming iff an Achilles injury and  27 year old slot receiver Kalif Raymond whom I didn't want in the first place.

And then the piece de resistance 

Chase Claypool a 23 year old wide out with promise and throw in Eddie Jackson for 3 starters on Defense two of whom are aging and one who I really dont like. 

• 1 month later...

@PS17

Figured I'd bring you into this one

Working the package for Claypool definitely factored into taking Dotson over Pickens... Pickens was my dude from the jump so definitely bummed I didn't get him.

Would have taken him over Spiller if he was there. But considering my mighty need at RB it's for the best. 

@Lurker89

***warning: excessive pride and rosterbating***

Somehow I just pulled this off. 

Give: Brandon Aiyuk, Rashod Bateman, 2023 2nd, 2024 1st

Receive: Davante Adams, Austin Ekeler

Had so many proposals rejected the past two months, and this gets offered to me ten minutes into negotiating with my friend. And he’s usually the savviest guy in the league. Here’s my team entering the season, our 12th league year with my college friends. 14 team, .5ppr

QB: Justin Herbert

RB: Nick Chubb

RB: Austin Ekeler

WR: Davante Adams

WR: AJ Brown

TE: Darren Waller

Flex: Javonte Williams

Bench: JK Dobbins, Melvin Gordon, Jeff Wilson, James White, Diontae Johnson, Elijah Moore, Corey Davis, Antonio Brown (lol), Albert Okwuegbunam, Foster Moreau, and some other unimportant pieces.

I’m picking fourth overall this Sunday in the rookie draft. Thinking Garrett Wilson or hopefully a trade back. 

49 minutes ago, PS17 said:

@Lurker89

***warning: excessive pride and rosterbating***

Somehow I just pulled this off. 

Give: Brandon Aiyuk, Rashod Bateman, 2023 2nd, 2024 1st

Receive: Davante Adams, Austin Ekeler

Had so many proposals rejected the past two months, and this gets offered to me ten minutes into negotiating with my friend. And he’s usually the savviest guy in the league. Here’s my team entering the season, our 12th league year with my college friends. 14 team, .5ppr

QB: Justin Herbert

RB: Nick Chubb

RB: Austin Ekeler

WR: Davante Adams

WR: AJ Brown

TE: Darren Waller

Flex: Javonte Williams

Bench: JK Dobbins, Melvin Gordon, Jeff Wilson, James White, Diontae Johnson, Elijah Moore, Corey Davis, Antonio Brown (lol), Albert Okwuegbunam, Foster Moreau, and some other unimportant pieces.

I’m picking fourth overall this Sunday in the rookie draft. Thinking Garrett Wilson or hopefully a trade back. 

That's  a very nice trade and contending roster

Congrats! also plenty of time to recoup a 24 1st if you so choose. Keeping your 23 1st is huge with how hyped the 23 class seems to be.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

That's  a very nice trade and contending roster

Congrats! also plenty of time to recoup a 24 1st if you so choose. Keeping your 23 1st is huge with how hyped the 23 class seems to be.

Yup! I’ve got two firsts next year. I’m so pumped for the season now. 

@PS17

Nice I need to join you and trade my way into an additional 1st next year.

This draft just finished up

My final haul 

1.5 Burks 

1.9 Wilson

1.10 Williams 

1.12 Dotson

2.5 Spiller

3.3 A. Pierce (Traded OJ Howard)

3.4 Mcbride (Traded Zay Jones + D. Brown)

3.5 Doubs

4.5 Haskins

5.2 Troy Andersen (traded James White)

5.5  Velus Jones

I put on a ****ing clinic 

@PS17

I won the league in 2017 and should have blown it up then but told myself i could keep competing.

I was carried by my wideouts AB, TY, and Keenan Allen all much younger and more explosive.

The team deteriorated around me other than a great recieving a huge package including Amari Cooper for AB roght before he froze his feet off. So this draft should be a turning point for me.

22 hours ago, PS17 said:

Your rebuild is off to a great start. I like building up the WRs and TEs; those positions are the core of a successful dynasty team since RB shelf life is significantly shorter. Today is draft day for me. 

@Lurker89

Thanks

Hayden Hurst finally getting a shot this year after being burried on the Ravens and Falcons depth charts ?

Loving my haul at WR this year.

Fingers crossed for your draft going well and some horrible reaches by other managers lmk how it shapes up.

Also I got an offer I get Josh Palmer I give Velus Jones. I took it.

Velus has a path to relevance now ... but on a bad team.

Josh has Herbert but plenty in front of him eating up targets.