Jump to content

OTA Updates - June 8th


Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Was this the same throw and "bounce" messed up who threw it

I don't think so.  The tweets were time stamped about an hour apart.  Seems like two different throws.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GreenFish said:

Football is a sports made up of guys who are explosive. And these guys are getting more explosive every year.

I like the idea of keeping guys fresh. The question for me comes to resource allocation. Are you better off paying

- Leonard Williams or DeForest Bucker $20m to play 80% of snaps and some jag play 20%
or

- Pay a Foley and DJ Jones $10M each and have them split reps

Is having those two guys repping at 100% better than a top guy who cant give 100% throughout the game?

When Quinnen was coming out of Bama part of the "cons" was that he was used in a heavy rotation and no one really knew what he looked like at 60 snaps at game

You're right the game is changing and guys are getting more explosive. Also, the factories like UGA and Bama rotate these guys more and more over the years. If you have 8 5star DL, why keep 4 of them on the bench 

everyone is seeing this as a knock of QW but this is the way the game is played in 2022

and to answer your question it's better to pay Leo to get his 7-12 sacks a year rather than pay Foley (2 career sacks) and DJ Jones (3 sacks a year). D linemen get paid for sacks. Quinnen could be like a Leo (another player who benefitted from a rotation). 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

When you try not to get hurt in football you just end up getting more hurt. 

But on the flip side, a tired player will be more susceptible to injury because he will not be able to match the intensity of the opposing player.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The very fact that Saleh has already changed his theory of snap counts for DL, means that there isnt actually a theory and as we've seen from his past, he doesnt adhere to the theory at all.  If Q.Will starts to play like the 3rd overall pick, he'll play as many snaps as he can. 

 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

It’s analytics bleeding into the game.  The numbers say guys around those amount of snaps are more likely to stay healthy.

I get embracing that part of the game, but I think it is silly in this instance.

You had me up until the bold.  I like what I'm hearing, especially the part about keeping players healthy (less injury prone?) 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, bitonti said:

When Quinnen was coming out of Bama part of the "cons" was that he was used in a heavy rotation and no one really knew what he looked like at 60 snaps at game

You're right the game is changing and guys are getting more explosive. Also, the factories like UGA and Bama rotate these guys more and more over the years. If you have 8 5star DL, why keep 4 of them on the bench 

everyone is seeing this as a knock of QW but this is the way the game is played in 2022

and to answer your question it's better to pay Leo to get his 7-12 sacks a year rather than pay Foley (2 career sacks) and DJ Jones (3 sacks a year). D linemen get paid for sacks. Quinnen could be like a Leo (another player who benefitted from a rotation). 

Interesting take.  I think we all suffer from "Aaron Donald syndrome" a bit...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

You think so? @Bronx

Here is my IP boozer. BTW, I just had some homegrown moonshine, cured with tropical fruits for two months. Sh*t is the bomb!

Also, are you a member of the butthurt neighborhood watch?

Screenshot_20220508-162234_Messages.thumb.jpg.440985953a7a73dd32428ff03166cecd.jpg

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Bronx said:

I hear continuous sounds of cameras clicking...goddammit, how many pictures do you really need? Annoying as fuk.

I can think of more annoying things.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Zachtomims47 said:

I like Zach but I don’t like this throw. It looks cool and all but he needs to stop practicing like this. 
Nobody is around him. Reset and throw. 

The key is to only do it when you have to. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Read the replies. DWC immediately - immediately - started cursing him out and insisting he would make Bien-Aime block him again. What a complete moron

One guy’s Dad doesn’t love him enough and everyone in Jets orbit has to pay for it.

  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

I like Zach but I don’t like this throw. It looks cool and all but he needs to stop practicing like this. 
Nobody is around him. Reset and throw. 

Plus pretty sure it got Wesco in the wiener.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Doggin94it said:

Read the replies. DWC immediately - immediately - started cursing him out and insisting he would make Bien-Aime block him again. What a complete moron

Rofl ... dude has no concept of what the line is, let alone how to find it. Completely oblivious..... it's great to watch 😂.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...