Trolling the Jets is just SOOOO lazy

johnnysd

So after all the moves the Jets made and having 4 picks in the top 35, the Jets are going to regress in 2023. FFS. There is zero chance of us having the #1 pick. They just want to annoy Jets fans it is obvious and just lazy at this point by the media. And whatever model they have for the Football Power Index is just crap

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

Not sure why predicting the Jets will suck is trolling.   There's plenty of precedent to back the prediction.  I'd like to see the Jets earn a little respect.  By earn I mean actually win games. 

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

we are the only team who beat writers consistently root against or only do negitive coverage. It is one thing to be critical but our guy never even have a possibility of postive outlook.

1. Post Jets trash article

2. Generate outrage as tweet/article gets circulated by pissed off fans

3. Increase clicks and eyeballs as pissed off fans read/repost/retweet trash article

4. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Only thing that breaks this cycle is winning...

• Upvote 3

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

They don't do it because it's a stroke of genius. They do it because it generates interest.

The Jets sucking isn't that interesting.  It's a pretty old story.  

3 minutes ago, Biggs said:

The Jets sucking isn't that interesting.  It's a pretty old story.  

Have you ever heard the term "Knicks for Clicks?"

The Knicks have been unwatchable for like 18 of the last 21 years. They still generate more interest than pretty much any NBA team outside of the Lakers.

The Jets stink, but Jets fans take the bait and everyone else revels in crapping on the Jets. We've had this discussion but big market teams that suck (especially NYC teams that suck) draw lots of interest because everyone enjoys beating up on them.

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Have you ever heard the term "Knicks for Clicks?"

The Knicks have been unwatchable for like 18 of the last 21 years. They still generate more interest than pretty much any NBA team outside of the Lakers.

The Jets stink, but Jets fans take the bait and everyone else revels in crapping on the Jets. We've had this discussion but big market teams that suck (especially NYC teams that suck) draw lots of interest because everyone enjoys beating up on them.

Fans of teams follow their teams.  There are a lot of fans in NY.   If there's a positive or negative article on the Jets, Jets fans will read them.   Were fans we follow the team.  It pisses us off people predict the Jets suck.  It's up to the Jets to turn the narative.   We will follow them regardless. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

So after all the moves the Jets made and having 4 picks in the top 35, the Jets are going to regress in 2023. FFS. There is zero chance of us having the #1 pick. They just want to annoy Jets fans it is obvious and just lazy at this point by the media. And whatever model they have for the Football Power Index is just crap

The only way we have the #1 overall pick is if Zach sucks again and we still keep him in there as the starter.

I hope Zach plays better this year

• Upvote 2

Lazy?  Yes.  

A strategy that works?  Also yes, because people like you keep giving them clicks.

Jets fans have been making journalists who rip on the Jets rich for a long, long time. 

Stop clicking.  Go for a walk instead.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Joe Flacco only one in picture that disagrees.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

The only thing that will change the narrative on this franchise is winning. It is inconsequential what sports writers think, the only way to earn respect is winning actual football games.

I've got news for people... the heroic dash to 3rd place in the division isn't going to change a lot of minds. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

I've got news for people... the heroic dash to 3rd place in the division isn't going to change a lot of minds. 

Finishing ahead of a talented Miami or NE team would be a better than decent accomplishment in my view.  The AFC is loaded.  

12 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

1. Post Jets trash article

2. Generate outrage as tweet/article gets circulated by pissed off fans

3. Increase clicks and eyeballs as pissed off fans read/repost/retweet trash article

4. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Only thing that breaks this cycle is winning...

Man one article about how the def could work with additions or offense or some kind of piece with a positive outlook will gain more views clicks to a fan base the craves it. Every single fan base gets a fix of fair reporting with some rose colored glasses everyonce ina while ...but not us.

Sure winning will help but look at what they did to rex and crew when we were winning same negative stories and we had no hope of moving next round especially not beating manning and Brady in a row like we did. I'm just saying they are bad at their job. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Man one article about how the def could work with additions or offense or some kind of piece with a positive outlook will gain more views clicks to a fan base the craves it. Every single fan base gets a fix of fair reporting with some rose colored glasses everyonce ina while ...but not us.

Sure winning will help but look at what they did to rex and crew when we were winning same negative stories and we had no hope of moving next round especially not beating manning and Brady in a row like we did. I'm just saying they are bad at their job. 

That's a good point about Rex, but I'm not sure it was that bad for the team.  The coverage on Revis was extremely positive...

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Actually when Rex and crew were winning there were few negative articles about the Jets.  After a while the Rex character got old and was shredded but that was after the winning stopped.  There wasnt much negative talk when we went 9-7 and onto the AFCCG and especially after 12-4 and the same ending.

13 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

I have news for you, if the Jets compete for third or better yet finish third theres going to be a lot of talk that we're a young up and coming team.  It would mean Zach has improved and the team has improved.  Its not first or bust

18 hours ago, Biggs said:

Not sure why predicting the Jets will suck is trolling.   There's plenty of precedent to back the prediction.  I'd like to see the Jets earn a little respect.  By earn I mean actually win games. 

Fair enough. But when is the last time the Jets had the #1 pick? I'll tell you. Only once. 1996. Keyshawn Johnson.

When was the last time the Jets had so much young talent going into a season? And now some douche is projecting them to be the absolute worst team in the league? I dunno, makes no sense to me. Everything would have to go wrong for the Jets this year, injuries, busts, underperforming FA acquisitions, players regressing, coach losing the lock room....and its still unlikely they will be the WORST team in the league. 

To me, this is straight trolling. 

troll GIF

I've said it's a thousand times but people need to stop getting offended by criticism of the Jets. We have the longest playoff drought in the league and haven't a meaningful November game since 2015 for **** sake. We are a joke until we prove otherwise. That can't be done with drafts and signings. We have to win games. 

I can't see any way we're picking 1st in 2023 - if we did then we'd pretty much have to clean house.