New York Jets 2022 Draft Class Hype// HD

24 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

12-5 

Losses against Denver, NE, Bills, Miami, packers/vikings... Not sure yet which one... 

Oh man, we go 12-5 but can’t even sweep one divisional opponent? That blows. 

• Haha 4

20 hours ago, Skeptable said:

12-5 

Losses against Denver, NE, Bills, Miami, packers/vikings... Not sure yet which one... 

Even as the biggest optimist I don't see us beating the Bills (even once this year) and I think its highly unlikely we beat the Bengals or Ravens. 

This puts us closer to 9-8, which I would love to see and which would be a dramatic improvement but would not get us into the playoff barring some collapses by some very good AFC teams. 

*Yes, I know we beat the Bengals. But lets not forget, they were pummeled by injuries. This 'literally' was not the Bengals team that made it to the SB. And yes, the Jets had injuries of their own. But still, I don't see it. 

3 hours ago, PepPep said:

Even as the biggest optimist I don't see us beating the Bills (even once this year) and I think its highly unlikely we beat the Bengals or Ravens. 

This puts us closer to 9-8, which I would love to see and which would be a dramatic improvement but would not get us into the playoff barring some collapses by some very good AFC teams. 

*Yes, I know we beat the Bengals. But lets not forget, they were pummeled by injuries. This 'literally' was not the Bengals team that made it to the SB. And yes, the Jets had injuries of their own. But still, I don't see it. 

They beat the bengals last year with a worse team (and injuries are not an excuse, Jets had more injuries with less depth)... and arguably worse QB... 

They also came within a play of beating TB... who didn't have any injuries... only a player that quit in the 3rd...

They also beat Tenn ... Don't act like they can't beat good teams because they can and have and with a terrible supporting cast last year. Everyone is underestimating how many injuries the Jets had last year and they still were competitive in nearly every game including games against the best teams in the league..

People are so pessimistic because they were optimistic after Rex and Idzik and Mac beat it out of them. Its so bad right now that a franchise that gave Darnold years to mature and Hackenberg and Geno years... have now given up on a QB that obviously was overwhelmed and understaffed.

I don't need to go into further details but this team has added a top tier player in every position outside of QB and LB and yet somehow they aren't going to be significantly better? Each starter last year is now the back-up to a better player... The level of pessimism has reached a new level here, and its quite sad. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

The level of pessimism has reached a new level here, and its quite sad. 

From what I have read, many of the people on this board are expecting about 7-9 wins.  Given how poorly the Jets have played for much of the past decade, I don't see that as pessimistic at all.  I think it's quite reasonable to view this team as trending upward, but not quite ready to seriously compete for the division or a Superbowl.