OTA updates 6/9

41 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Puppy Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

“but why is it not concerning that he can he go 20 for 21 in these sessions and Wilson can't look adequate in shorts with no pressure?”

the video I posted gives context to your worries, you welcome 

56 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Are "concerned" and "worked up" the same?

Could be.

You know me EY, I'm not going to try and tell you not be cynical, or not to expect the worst.

I'm just saying it's OTA's. 

OTA's aren't really for evaluating/projecting how a guy will play in the season, it's for training, installing systems, getting guys to work and play with each other, gauging player shape/health, etc.  0 for 4 or 13 for 16, doesn't really mean much, because they're not trying to win a game, they're trying to see what's what and get guys in shape.

Camp means alot more, especially late.  But Preseason is where I think the real evaluation starts, especially that being done by us fans.  We see it, we see real stats associated with it, and can really start judging for ourselves, eye test or metric driven or both.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Its the disease 95% of jet fans have.  its sad.

I really feel like someone from the future needs to come back to the present and tell us all about all the Superbowls the Jets have already won in the future. Some people just won't believe it until it actually happens. 

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Ask Mims.  He's (tragically) the authority on the subject.

Asking the people on the board as some dissect every throw. Figure someone has to know something about what is going on 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Nice!  It's been a long time since I've gotten a classic jetsons neg rep bomb!

I'd really like to keep it going, so, ummm... Colin Kaepernick is an American Hero!

I was soooooo close to hitting "submit reply" on a post that would've surely earned a neg rep bomb from him, too. But it was just too good, and surely pushing the limits of the rules here, lol.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Fast forward

It's June, 2026 and the jets are still waiting for Zach to make that next step to justify his massive second contract, the biggest in team history. 

any day now 

Hopes for the season, ranked:

1) Zach plays well

2) The team moves on if Zach does not play well.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, ZachEY said:

Every year since I've been on these websites, I'm told that preseason in meaningless, and then, the regular season comes around all all the same issues that occurred in preseason are still happening.

In total fairness, sometimes it's a little worse in regular season.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

People can spin it as meaningless but it is very discouraging there isn't a massive, noticeable leap from Zach.

Our Defense last year was the worst in Franchise history, and received several meaningful upgrades and has several players now in the 2nd year as opposed to being green rookies.

If Zach took a big step up, and our Defense also took a big step up, what do you think it would look like this early in OTA's, where Defense typically > Offense.

Don't get me wrong, you'd have to think the Defense got better and Zach got better to think this was possible, but if they did, it's likely it would look...just like this.

• Haha 1

Way to large a portion of Jets fans regarding  Zach right now:

scared famous sky GIF by VH1

It's ****ing hilarious 

I'm truly enjoying lurking this offseason 

Most of the really annoying posters I liked to troll and /or egg on have been cleansed from our sight

Even so, the usual desperation and self loathing persists so much so that for some we're dead in the water with a trash QB and the seasons over just like that June 9th. Never change brethren.

2 hours ago, ZachEY said:

the, admittedly, microscopic difference between "I'm concerned with what I'm seeing" and "cut Zach Wilson, fire joe douglas"

3 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Way to large a portion of Jets fans regarding  Zach right now:

scared famous sky GIF by VH1

GIF by America's Got Talent

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

JD won't ever move on from Zach because to do so would invite his own firing 

In general, do more people get fired for continuing to make the same bad decision or for moving on from a bad decision?

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Our Defense last year was the worst in Franchise history, and received several meaningful upgrades and has several players now in the 2nd year as opposed to being green rookies.

If Zach took a big step up, and our Defense also took a big step up, what do you think it would look like this early in OTA's, where Defense typically > Offense.

Don't get me wrong, you'd have to think the Defense got better and Zach got better to think this was possible, but if they did, it's likely it would look...just like this.

Certainly, that's the hope. That the defense is dramatically improved.

But the very fact that it was the worst defense in franchise history is part of why this is so concerning. This isn't 2010 where Rex's top 3 defense is feasting on Mark Sanchez. We know this isn't an elite unit. Looking at talent, top to bottom, I'd argue the offense has more talent than the defense. Unlike in the past, we know for a fact it has more resources poured into it.

You read reports about how Mac Jones is taking names and kicking @$$ and then you see reports like this about Wilson... I dunno. It's too early to call it but I really, really hope Douglas is quick to admit an error and move on from Wilson if the kid just can't play. Everything else he's doing seems to be working. You can't let conviction in a bad QB derail it... I'm baffled we don't have a better backup QB option, frankly. Give me Gardner Minshew on this team.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, bitonti said:

JD won't ever move on from Zach because to do so would invite his own firing 

I think it's the opposite really. If everything else is going well and it's clear the QB is the problem I think he can save his job by making a switch at QB. Sticking with a bad QB stubbornly is guaranteed to end with his firing.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Minimal reps, practice in shorts and still misfiring. I liked the draft a lot but it seems like the Jets continue to make the same mistakes over and over. Tell Belichick it doesn’t matter because it’s June. I’m sure that would go over well.

How many times can you repeat the same nonsense?  We get it, youre going to whine that theyre not practicing enough, dont practice as much as the Pats.  Without having a clue how much they practice or the Pats practice.

• Haha 1