Reason for hope: Broadway Joe HOF stats

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/N/NamaJo00.htm

HOF career stats:

50.1 comp

173 TDs/225 INTs. 

Joe got us a ring, but his stats are awful. 

Yet, we don't want to give Zach a slight chance even during OTAs. You can't make this sh*t up fellas!

Zach needs another full year before the final judgment. In the meantime, we need to sit back and wait until the season is over before declaring him a bust (for those who applied).

Screenshot_20220609-190649_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4f039002a915ad206be8bf43b47b0257.jpg

Screenshot_20220609-190733_Chrome.thumb.jpg.68ab51ad624a6b8e5f2738d5334f376c.jpg

While I did not look up each one, I would guess his peers are right near him especially comp percentage and int’s since dback play was the Wild West.

Joe’s stats come up a lot but he won us a Super Bowl and was simply the coolest guy in nyc if not the us.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

Another poster who probably never saw Joe play in person...do yourself a favor and check out Joe's O lines through the years...a HOF OT a couple of good linemen and the rest jags.  You'll never hear Joe complain about his O line over the years, but his injuries tell a different story...plus, it's a different game now.  Enough with judging his stats alone...he was more than stats.

This. Today's NFL is much more offense-oriented, and the defenses aren't every going to be as good as they used to be, with things like new rules that limit how aggressive the defense can be and such. If a QB shows the same stats players like Joe Namath did today but against wimpy and limited defenses, they're pretty much going to the hounds. Let us hope Zach Wilson steps up his game.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

39 minutes ago, Bronx said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/N/NamaJo00.htm

HOF career stats:

50.1 comp

173 TDs/225 INTs. 

Joe got us a ring, but his stats are awful. 

Yet, we don't want to give Zach a slight chance even during OTAs. You can't make this sh*t up fellas!

Zach needs another full year before the final judgment. In the meantime, we need to sit back and wait until the season is over before declaring him a bust (for those who applied).

Screenshot_20220609-190649_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4f039002a915ad206be8bf43b47b0257.jpg

Screenshot_20220609-190733_Chrome.thumb.jpg.68ab51ad624a6b8e5f2738d5334f376c.jpg

Pretty much saying you never saw him play or watched any football from that era.  

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Only Jets fans love to tear down their Heroic Icons from the past, based on stats when they never saw those icons play!

It is Amazing!

Think you ........Never see Browns fans tear down Jim Brown or Colts fans tear down Johnny Unitas etc.,  But Jets fans every year do the same thing over and over....

It's a little sad :( ............ but carry on.......  

This week we had people claiming Revis wasnt that good other than a few years and now Namaths stats.

Next:  Curtis Martin wasnt all that good and finishing his career as the 3rd best in yardage was due to compiling so he shouldnt have made the HOF

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

52 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Only Jets fans love to tear down their Heroic Icons from the past, based on stats when they never saw those icons play!

It is Amazing!

Think you ........Never see Browns fans tear down Jim Brown or Colts fans tear down Johnny Unitas etc.,  But Jets fans every year do the same thing over and over....

It's a little sad :( ............ but carry on.......  

Nobody is tearing down Joe, but his stats were not the greatest. Is that a fact or an opinion? 

In all fairness, you have to be 70 years old to remember any of Joe Namath's games. Anyone younger than 51 would have not been around or maybe won't appreciate Joe's playing style and accolades like those fans that were present at that time.

Fast forward to 2022. It will be hypocritical if we deny that stats are not important regardless of the era that we live. With this said, my point is that we need to be patient with Zach at least until year 3. 

Below are Johnny Unitas stats:

290 TDs/253 INTs

It was a different era in many ways including the talent.  

Screenshot_20220609-202056_Chrome.thumb.jpg.fe03edd20bb00c3fac949b240eb1f88a.jpg

Screenshot_20220609-202119_Chrome.thumb.jpg.95ae1016553912f5ca2a8794ff586fe9.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

19 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Either lay off the moonshine or drink enough to pass out. Thanks, 

You know where I am located! Just fly over and I share some with you. I will also have some seafood with plantains ready.

Tomorrow I will dedicate a pic 4 you.

1569757026_20220609_0750092.thumb.jpg.924b5e07bf33d40e0d725219c83e3c58.jpg

Edited by Bronx
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bronx said:

You know where I am located! Just fly over and I share some with you. I will also have some seafood with plantains ready.

Tomorrow I will dedicate a pic 4 you.

1569757026_20220609_0750092.thumb.jpg.924b5e07bf33d40e0d725219c83e3c58.jpg

My Uncle Miguel and his brothers been trying for two decades to get me to go visit. If I do, I will 100% hit you up, 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

54 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Pretty much saying you never saw him play or watched any football from that era.  

You are right.  I started to watch football in the 80s. I am also positive there were many athletes that were not given an opportunity to play due to their social status back in the 60's.

It was a different era, playing style and talent wise.

13 minutes ago, Bronx said:

You are right.  I started to watch football in the 80s. I am also positive there were many athletes that were not given an opportunity to play due to their social status back in the 60's.

It was a different era, playing style and talent wise.

I think youre wrong about the athletes not given an opportunity in Joes time.  Doesnt come close wot what the difference rules in place in that era.

BTW, Joe was a champion of equal rights on the Jets.  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Jet fans now pulling up stats from 50 years ago to bash the greatest player in franchise history..  The disease permeates this fanbase.  How sad.

Who is bashing Joe? Stop being so emotional duddette! 

6 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I speak Spanish fairly well….  Never been to PR.   Looks awesome!

I lived in Schofield Barracks, HI and it is beautiful but damn expensive! You get the best 'bang for the buck' in PR hands down. There are many affordable lodging options.

If you are interested for more info email me. I have been all over: 10 mile long caves, all sorts of waterfalls, rivers, nightlife in San Juan.

I am here to help and I recommend my home to all. Many tourists do not want to leave.  It is a paradise!

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Bronx said:

Meéeeeevis!

I wasn’t in favor of a $16MM CB under the ~2010/2011-level cap either (ok officially there was no cap in 2010) - I was totally against it at the time - but at least it could be rationalized he was the best at his position and made that whole once-dangerous defense work, in a way no one else at his position possibly could. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I wasn’t in favor of a $16MM CB under the 2010 cap either, but at least he was the best at his position and made that whole dangerous defense in a way no one else at his position possibly could. 

I was pissed at him for being so greedy.