Douglas Continues to Comb Free Agency as Jets Host Tackle Reily Reiff

How do the Jets "host" someone?  Is it like they show up, and a Joe Douglas greets him at the door and says, "Hello, I am your host for today."

How much money do you want?  Why should you want to come here?  Can you still play?  Why are you here? Why are we hosting you?

It's not like they're working the guy out, to see if he's still got it, is it?  We like you a lot, we would love to have you be a NY Jet.  Is it like that?

I realize that most of this is ridiculous, but I really don't exactly know what's entailed with hosting someone.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Alka said:

How do the Jets "host" someone?  Is it like they show up, and a Joe Douglas greets him at the door and says, "Hello, I am your host for today."

How much money do you want?  Why should you want to come here?  Can you still play?  Why are you here? Why are we hosting you?

It's not like they're working the guy out, to see if he's still got it, is it?  We like you a lot, we would love to have you be a NY Jet.  Is it like that?

I realize that most of this is ridiculous, but I really don't exactly know what's entailed with hosting someone.

Looks like they walk him around the facility etc. In one of the OTA videos, you can see Joe talking to him while our guys are practicing. So, it’s probably a lot of that. Have to imagine Joe also trying to sell him on the vision for the team.

Probably no different than of you were interviewing for a job. The “sell” job is mutual.

2 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Looks like they walk him around the facility etc. In one of the OTA videos, you can see Joe talking to him while our guys are practicing. So, it’s probably a lot of that. Have to imagine Joe also trying to sell him on the vision for the team.

Probably no different than of you were interviewing for a job. The “sell” job is mutual.

very interesting.  It seems that most of the players that the Jets host, leave without signing a contract.  I wonder if that's more on the Jets or on the players?  Or possibly a mutual decision.

17 hours ago, Alka said:

very interesting.  It seems that most of the players that the Jets host, leave without signing a contract.  I wonder if that's more on the Jets or on the players?  Or possibly a mutual decision.

Both, I think. Jets process seems more deliberate and many players use the Jets for leverage like Tyreek did.

isn't this what he's supposed to do?  i suspect mac and even idzik did the same.  the difference is that neither of those guys knew what positions needed attention.  the big issue imo is if they don't have a warm and fuzzy feeling about becton.  becton is going to have to learn to play hurt.  oh not surgery required hurt but play through those inevitable nicks and strains that go hand and hand with his chosen profession.