Jets LB Quincy Williams Predicts Pro-Bowl Season

Quincy-Williams-scaled.jpg

There may be some things lacking in Jets linebacker Quincy Williams’ game, but confidence isn’t one of them.

Meeting with Jets reporters yesterday during mini-camp, Williams said that he was going to “speak it in to existence” and predicted “I will be a pro bowl player this year”.   It’s a bold prediction, but who can blame Williams for feeling good about his game?

"I will be a Pro Bowler this year"

– Quincy Williams pic.twitter.com/egPlvtWjJ6

— Jets Videos (@snyjets) June 9, 2022

After joining the Jets just before the 2021 season kicked off, Williams established career-highs across the board.  His 13 starts, 110 tackles (73 solo), 9 tackles for loss, 2 forced fumbles and 2 sacks were all personal bests.  Hoping to get out of the shadow of his older brother, Jets DT Quinnen Williams, Quincy is carving his own path.

There were those who expected the Jets to add a linebacker via the draft, but team appears happy to run things back with Williams at linebacker.  Playing for a coach with the intensity of Robert Saleh, it’s easy to understand why.  In addition to putting up all of the aforementioned numbers, Williams made some bone crushing hits that fired up teammates and fans alike.

Quincy Williams is going to hurt somebody at some point. Hit's like a freight train. Second forced fumble of the day here. pic.twitter.com/9GIgbaTtUf

— Glenn Naughton (@AceFan23) October 11, 2021

With a year under his belt in what was a new system last season, Williams should be that much more comfortable and ready to step back in to his starting role.  The pro bowl may be a long shot, but we wouldn’t rule it out completely.

The post Jets LB Quincy Williams Predicts Pro-Bowl Season appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Click here to read the full story...

• Upvote 3

It was 3rd and short dueing the titans game.  Handoff to Henry, he picked up the first down by like a foot but Quincy hit him hard and he got slammed to the ground.  You dont see Henry take a lot of hits like that because he is so big, and almost never in a 1 on 1 tackle situation.  I'll never forget that.  Hopefully Quincy continues to improve.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Good for him.  His talent jumps off the screen when you watch him play.  Its not out of the question if he can put it all together.

A masterful pickup by Joe Douglas and great job by the coaching staff in bringing him along.

I like Quincy  - and you can see potential - but can the players on this team just for once keep it inside and not give the reporters this type of material?

Let's be honest, collectively and individually they have accomplished nothing. Now we start talking about pro bowls etc. and the so called beat writer will bring that back to you in a heartbeat if you are off to a slow start or simply not performing.

I am all for the confidence - just keep it inside the building and let your play shock everyone - please - for once.