PFF: Saleh is worst head coach in NFL

Facts

This seems generally like a 'how long has each coach been an HC' ranking. However, I don't really get the Kliff Kingsbury ranking there. He tends to suck at the end of the year and has only had 1 winning season as Head Coach.

• Upvote 3

well, they did end the season with the 4th worst record.  you have to wonder if they consider injuries.  the jets certainly had more than their fair share last season to many of the starters.  this has got to have some effect on the coaches performance.  i realize they're talking about a record with an average roster but saleh's jet record (and the jet's roster) is baked into this somehow.

23 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Kliff Kinsgbury at 4 while McVay doesn't make the top 10 and Tomlin is at 13...?

Not even a defense of Saleh, who looked out of his depth for most of last year, but that is a questionable ranking...

Seems like McVay is being “punished” by roster strength in their metrics.

As a rookie Head Coach, Saleh went 4-13, with the 32/32 ranked Defense, the worst in Jets Franchise history, and the 28/26 ranked Offense.

I don't care where people "rank" him.

I care that we produce materially better Offense and Defense rankings in 2022, and win alot more games.

That is what matters.  Not rankings.  This isn't the NCAA.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Seems like McVay is being “punished” by roster strength in their metrics.

which in and of itself is a HIGHLY subjective set of metrics.  PFF is the biggest scam in professional sports.  They've really fooloed just about everyone.  Hats off to them for making money out of nearly pure bullsht.

How_to_Lie_with_Statistics.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

As a rookie Head Coach, Saleh went 4-13, with the 32/32 ranked Defense, the worst in Jets Franchise history, and the 28/26 ranked Offense.
I don't care where people "rank" him.
I care that we produce materially better Offense and Defense rankings in 2022, and win alot more games.
That is what matters.  Not rankings.  This isn't the NCAA.
Please stickie this post immediately

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, Dcat said:

which in and of itself is a HIGHLY subjective set of metrics.  PFF is the biggest scam in professional sports.  They've really fooloed just about everyone.  Hats off to them for making money out of nearly pure bullsht.

How_to_Lie_with_Statistics.jpg

The only grades they do that I pay any attention to are for OL, because not many people even attempt to quantify OL play, so we don’t have many alternatives.

That and the ones where they say Kerry Rhodes was a better Jet Safety than Jamal Adams.  I appreciate those, lol.  @T0mShane

• Upvote 1

Terrible rankings in general.  Now that Meyer is gone I can’t argue where Saleh is ranked.  Hopefully he makes a big jump in year 2.  He was awful last year on so many levels.  Great opportunity to get much better.  

McVay is as good as it gets.  Takes a team to the SB with Goff and trades him for an untested playoff talent at QB and wins the SB.  That’s tremendous understanding and coaching.  

kingsbury was hired to bring along Murray.  In fairness to Kingsbury Murray is highly over rated and not a great NFL QB.  Murray held them back the last two years.  

It's hard to take PFF seriously at this point. Like Smashmouth said, one season isn't nearly enough to form a judgment about a HC. Three years, might not be enough. Guess PFF, Iis engaging in clickbait,, as others in sports media do on a regular basis.