PFF: Saleh is worst head coach in NFL

Facts

11 hours ago, Maxman said:

Sean McVay is half way down the list and every team in the league is trying to find the next version of him.

Kingsbury is a worse version of McVay and he is higher.

Terrible list.

Harbaugh is overrated. Staley over Tomlin GTFO.

• Upvote 1

It's all on the coach this year !!!

He should have a good running game a significantly improved defense.

He should be able to analyze what he has during the preseason whether he has a quarterback to throw 12 times or 22 times.

But it's on Saleh to bring inspired play enthusiastic play, something he did not deliver on last year until the

tight end coach Stepped In!

• Upvote 1

He is a second year coach with a 23.5% career winning percentage… I mean yeah where else do you put him?

And to all you pointing out that this is yet another example of “The Media” trolling Jets fans, check out how wide the confidence interval is for Saleh… widest in the league by far.

• Upvote 2

Want to put him at last because of last year with the injuries and a young team even before those staryed to pile up in the pre season?  Sure.  I'm okay with that.  Does this mean in reality he IS the worst coach in the NFL?  Not even close.  

He has as much to prove as a lot of the players and other coaches in this still young team.  So far I like the culture he has managed even after last season.  There are reasons to have positive feelings about him being our coach which you may not be able to read in a spreadsheet.  Yet.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

Want to put him at last because of last year with the injuries and a young team even before those staryed to pile up in the pre season?  Sure.  I'm okay with that.  Does this mean in reality he IS the worst coach in the NFL?  Not even close.  

He has as much to prove as a lot of the players and other coaches in this still young team.  So far I like the culture he has managed even after last season.  There are reasons to have positive feelings about him being our coach which you may not be able to read in a spreadsheet.  Yet.

The upper end of his confidence interval overlaps with the lower end of McVay’s. What this is basically saying is they don’t have a clue about Saleh as a HC. Hard to argue with that. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/11/2022 at 8:57 AM, Fantasy Island said:

Everybody up in arms when PFF says something bad about us.

PFF used to justify poor performers when it fits your narrative.

Which is it?

PFF is trash, nothing to see here.

image.png.24870aa3eec7bfe6c939abf41f20d1ea.png

Their player metrics have some validity since it's based on analyzing individual plays. This, as a method of assessing coaching ability, is remarkably stupid. Much better would be to Simply simulate the prior seasons a thousand times, making sure to factor in player availability in the same way that the season actually played out, and then compare total wins and losses for that coach versus the average wins and losses from the simulated season

• Upvote 2

On 6/11/2022 at 12:12 PM, playtowinthegame said:

Worst team with worst head coach, yet the Jets are getting big bets in Vegas to win the division/the over win total/Super Bowl. 

It's because Jets fans are rich and gullible 

Meanwhile @Warfish made the best point 

Saleh is a defensive coach who presided over the worst defense in the history of the franchise. Think about how bad that is 

Saleh might actually be the worst coach in the afc. I like the guy but it might be a fair statement based on his incredibly bad defense and lack of wins 

• Upvote 4

23 minutes ago, bitonti said:

It's because Jets fans are rich and gullible 

Meanwhile @Warfish made the best point 

Saleh is a defensive coach who presided over the worst defense in the history of the franchise. Think about how bad that is 

Saleh might actually be the worst coach in the afc. I like the guy but it might be a fair statement based on his incredibly bad defense and lack of wins 

It’s almost like someone predicted the Jets would have a historically-terrible defense last off season… 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, jgb said:

It’s almost like someone predicted the Jets would have a historically-terrible defense last off season… 

Saleh just wanted to ensure that the offense was ranked higher than the defense for the first time in over a decade.  Playing 5D chess while everyone else is playing checkers.

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Saleh just wanted to ensure that the offense was ranked higher than the defense for the first time in over a decade.  Playing 5D chess while everyone else is playing checkers.

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

That was the extent of my prediction of course I’d didn’t except the offense to be 31 and defense 32 lol

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, jgb said:

He is a second year coach with a 23.5% career winning percentage… I mean yeah where else do you put him?

And to all you pointing out that this is yet another example of “The Media” trolling Jets fans, check out how wide the confidence interval is for Saleh… widest in the league by far.

I think a HC's job (generally speaking) is to try to do the best with what he's got to work with.  But this team was such a trainwreck last year that I don't know how valid even that type of measure would be.  This year we'll learn a lot more.

• Upvote 1

On 6/11/2022 at 10:11 AM, FootballLove said:

Rankings are BS. They actually have a washed up, over the hill, no good senile dirt bag in 1st place. smh

these are the scumbaggery ratings. saleh is a sweetheart.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think a HC's job (generally speaking) is to try to do the best with what he's got to work with.  But this team was such a trainwreck last year that I don't know how valid even that type of measure would be.  This year we'll learn a lot more.

I agree with you. You can’t judge a coach after one year absent an Urban Meyeresque turd factory. PFF is acknowledging the same by showing the wide band of potential outcomes for Saleh in its chart. 

On 6/12/2022 at 5:31 PM, Doggin94it said:

Their player metrics have some validity since it's based on analyzing individual plays. This, as a method of assessing coaching ability, is remarkably stupid. Much better would be to Simply simulate the prior seasons a thousand times, making sure to factor in player availability in the same way that the season actually played out, and then compare total wins and losses for that coach versus the average wins and losses from the simulated season

Agreed the metrics are suspect at best.   Based on the eye test and the coaches who were terrible last year and fired it's not a stretch to think Saleh is in way over his head and may well be the worst HC in the league.  Rhule is clearly in the running but it's very close. 

27 minutes ago, BeaconJet said:

Per the article:

"Saleh’s Jets did struggle in his first season as a head coach, but injuries and a roster lacking in talent across the board mean that his impact estimate is likely lower than it should be."

So how valid IS this methodology?

Can't blame Zach because the offense did not have enough weapons

Can't blame Saleh because the roster did not have enough defensive assets 

Can't blame jd who built this roster because he's only had 3 years

Can't blame woody for being the owner of the worst franchise in major sport, because he's only been back from England a year 

Fact is the only ones that we can blame are ourselves, for the amount of self delusion and excuse making is baked into being a Jets fan 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Can't blame Zach because the offense did not have enough weapons

Can't blame Saleh because the roster did not have enough defensive assets 

Can't blame jd who built this roster because he's only had 3 years

Can't blame woody for being the owner of the worst franchise in major sport, because he's only been back from England a year 

Fact is the only ones that we can blame are ourselves, for the amount of self delusion and excuse making is baked into being a Jets fan 

This is basically JD's 3rd year.  Year 1 was a teardown.  Year 2 was a rookie QB.  Year 3 (this year), he put some talent on the team.  The real evaluation starts this year.