Peace Out .... see you guys in August.

6 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

This is exactly the vibe I’m talking about. Who wants to partake with this sort of attitude? The team is on the upswing and 75% of the board is pure negativity. Becton is fat lolz, Zach sucks haha, etc etc. 

Yeah well that’s the same line every offseason. This is Groundhog Day except we never get out of Puxatawney.

Jets shan’t get another drop of my emotional investment without some actual results. That is where we are at this point.

• Upvote 1

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, jgb said:

Yeah well that’s the same line every offseason. This is Groundhog Day except we never get out of Puxatawney.

This isn’t true. During the gase years it was  a mess and there was nothing to look forward to. Same with Bowles  minus the 10 win year. 

this is the first time In like 15 years that the team is young and doesn’t have pieced together scraps trying to force a short term push. 

this should be exciting for people, but most here don’t act like it. They hone in on anything they can sap negativity from. It’s just  exhausting 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

This isn’t true. During the gase years it was  a mess and there was nothing to look forward to. Same with Bowles  minus the 10 win year. 

this is the first time In like 15 years that the team is young and doesn’t have pieced together scraps trying to force a short term push. 

this should be exciting for people, but most here don’t act like it. They hone in on anything they can sap negativity from. It’s just  exhausting 

I posted the past the fan voice results. Every off season — yes even the Gase years, Jets fan confidence is above 90 after the draft and below 10 as the season ends. Then *boom* after the draft, back over 90.

Data > all.

You’ve also nicely demonstrated a key component of this phenomenon: “Yeah but this time is different.” One day I’m sure it will be, and I’m just fine being a little late back on the bandwagon in order to avoid who knows how many more seasons of letdowns.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, jgb said:

I posted the past the fan voice results. Every off season — yes even the Gase years, Jets fan confidence is about 90 after the draft and below 10 as the season ends. Then *boom* after the draft, back over 90.

Data > all.

What’s the sample size for that? I don’t know anyone who had confidence in either gase year. 

also based on how many here voice their opinions it doesn’t look to be anywhere near 90% confidence this year. 

4 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

What’s the sample size for that? I don’t know anyone who had confidence in either gase year. 

also based on how many here voice their opinions it doesn’t look to be anywhere near 90% confidence this year. 

I didn’t do the poll. But forgive me it’s a helluva lot more convincing than anecdotal evidence.

Just now, jgb said:

I didn’t do the poll. If you know of a better one let’s see it.

I don’t even know of the poll you’re talking about. Having a very small sample size does not correlate with data>all because you can’t have any sort of substantial conclusion if there aren’t enough subjects 

2 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

I don’t even know of the poll you’re talking about. Having a very small sample size does not correlate with data>all because you can’t have any sort of substantial conclusion if there aren’t enough subjects 

Yet you counter with anecdotal “yeah well everyone I know…” without even asking for and looking at the data. You just hate the result lol.

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Yet you counter with anecdotal “yeah well everyone I know…” without even asking for and looking at the data. You just hate the result lol.

I’m not the one trying to say data>all when you can’t even substantiate your data. 

From the start I was going based on my opinion. You weren’t 

3 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

I’m not the one trying to say data>all when you can’t even substantiate your data. 

From the start I was going based on my opinion. You weren’t 

It’s not my data and if you had asked I would’ve provided it. But there is no need to “debate” someone who relies on anecdotal evidence to refute evidence he hasn’t even seen or asked for. That’s summary judgment victory. Enjoy telling others to stop being skeptical. I decline.

1 minute ago, jgb said:

It’s not my data and if you had asked I would’ve provided it. But there is no need to “debate” someone who relies on anecdotal evidence. That’s summary judgment victory. Enjoy telling others to stop being skeptical. I decline.

I don’t care what you do man. Be miserable for all I care. I didn’t initially reply to you in this thread. I never told anyone to do anything. I just expressed how the current mindset of this board is exhausting (which you’ve proven) 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, BurntDice said:

I don’t care what you do man. Be miserable for all I care. I didn’t initially reply to you in this thread. I never told anyone to do anything. I just expressed how the current mindset of this board is exhausting (which you’ve proven) 

It’s equally exhausting to have to deal with smug and unsupported hope that denigrates anyone who isn’t on board. Cheers.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Training camp starts in July though. Don't wait until August you will miss a few KRL camp reports!

Dude stuck around the same day to post in his own goodbye thread and react to posts by others in the thread.  Safe to say he ain’t making it to August, lol.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, BurntDice said:

This is exactly the vibe I’m talking about. Who wants to partake with this sort of attitude? The team is on the upswing and 75% of the board is pure negativity. Becton is fat lolz, Zach sucks haha, etc etc.  god forbid someone tries to say something good they get tons of replies telling them how wrong they are 

I enjoyed the draft talk for the past few months, but now it’s just miserable. I too haven’t really been on here much lately for this very reason. 

The Jets have gone 11 years without a playoff game. We haven't played a meaningful November game since 2015. Imagine chastising this fanbase for not being positive lol. 

I've seen us win offseason titles in that time - I remember how Darnold at #3 was the steal of the century. How Quinnen and Jamal were the best players in the draft.

Being on the "upswing" is hardly anything impressive given where we're coming from and the resources that we've had - Until the Jets actually start winning they're not going to earn the benefit of the doubt.

Where there have been red flags in the past, whether it's Hackenberg or Mims - They've generally shown up on the field. Until we get positive reports about Zach then it's hard to believe he'll suddenly make that jump on Sundays.

It's not what we're hearing from the reports so much as what we aren't that depressing. Pointing this out isn't being miserable, it's being realistic. Lord know Conor Hughes has been the biggest Joe Douglas cheerleader on the planet, certainly not a guy being negative for the sake of it and even he can't spin Wilson's performances into anything positive. 

• Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, BurntDice said:

This is exactly the vibe I’m talking about. Who wants to partake with this sort of attitude? The team is on the upswing and 75% of the board is pure negativity. Becton is fat lolz, Zach sucks haha, etc etc.  god forbid someone tries to say something good they get tons of replies telling them how wrong they are 

I enjoyed the draft talk for the past few months, but now it’s just miserable. I too haven’t really been on here much lately for this very reason. 

Completely agree.  Unfortunately there are a small handful of people that absolutely destroy this board.  Not only always negative but are constantly on the prowl to demean others.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

The Jets have gone 11 years without a playoff game. We haven't played a meaningful November game since 2015. Imagine chastising this fanbase for not being positive lol. 

I've seen us win offseason titles in that time - I remember how Darnold at #3 was the steal of the century. How Quinnen and Jamal were the best players in the draft.

Being on the "upswing" is hardly anything impressive given where we're coming from and the resources that we've had - Until the Jets actually start winning they're not going to earn the benefit of the doubt.

Where there have been red flags in the past, whether it's Hackenberg or Mims - They've generally shown up on the field. Until we get positive reports about Zach then it's hard to believe he'll suddenly make that jump on Sundays.

It's not what we're hearing from the reports so much as what we aren't that depressing. Pointing this out isn't being miserable, it's being realistic. Lord know Conor Hughes has been the biggest Joe Douglas cheerleader on the planet, certainly not a guy being negative for the sake of it and even he can't spin Wilson's performances into anything positive. 

Unsurprisingly the 3 people who responded to me are some of the main culprits. 

Now is the time for hope and positivity.  It's spring dammit!

Right now we have:

-top ten oline 

-top 10-15 skills group

-rebuilt secondary with actual good players

-pass rushers we haven't seen since the 80's

-a number 2 draft pick quarterback with all the potential in the world

-a top front office

There will be plenty of time for hate and misery once the games are played and it all crashes and burns around us.  

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, BurntDice said:

I'm very high on the Jets despite Becton being a fat lolz and Zach sucking.  

• Haha 1

It’s Woody Johnson secret, he lures you in with media hype, making players do stupid sh*t and filming it, and posting pictures of our QB and his one WR friend, showing videos how everyone is getting along to hide the truth behind the curtain. I thought we went over this already. That’s my optimistic side when it comes to the Jets.